Motorola to Apple: 'No Jacket Required'

aohus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
sky
yea.....maybe it does require one......
that doesn't show anything. show me a video of droid x losing a call due to death grip. your comment demonstrates how apple is misleading apple enthusiasts as well as the public at large. Steve Jobs did well... at misleading.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's all perspective. If it were reversed everyone here would be chiming in how brilliant apple was for making fun of their competitor like Mac Vs PC.

But people here sometimes feel as if when someone insults Apple or an Apple Product, that they've just been insulted themselves.

Silly really.

Take the ad for exactly what it is. And what it is - is great advertising given the current climate/situation. Nothing more. Nothing less.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
that doesn't show anything. show me a video of droid x losing a call due to death grip. your comment demonstrates how apple is misleading apple enthusiasts as well as the public at large. Steve Jobs did well... at misleading.
The droid x is so big that you just about need two hands to hold it. its huge.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
Steve Jobs did well... at misleading.
That's his specialty. Poor guy just can't stop this time, he just keeps fueling the fire. Used to having people worship him he's out of his element. He's feeling out off control and insecure. He's facing the Android army and its scaring the hell outta him.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Not much bigger than a Iphone 4 in a case.
Are you serious? That phone is huge. The iPhone is big enough as it is, and the Droid X makes it look small in comparison. It's just way to large in my opinion. An iPhone in a case adds some thickness maybe, which still makes it nowhere near the size of the X.

sciwizam

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Are you serious? That phone is huge. The iPhone is big enough as it is, and the Droid X makes it look small in comparison. It's just way to large in my opinion. An iPhone in a case adds some thickness maybe, which still makes it nowhere near the size of the X.
You can't hold a phone 0.5" taller and 0.25" wider? :p

You guys sound like it's a Dell Streak or something.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010

Those do sound like small numbers... until they are in your hand or in your pocket. It is a big difference and one that I hope apple never bumps up to.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Not much bigger than a Iphone 4 in a case.
The droid x is way too big.

If the iPhone 4 didn't exist, the next best thing I'd pick up is an evo or incredible. The droid X has an ugly bump on the back, no front facing camera, bricks itself if customized, and has a cumbersome user interface skin.

I can see why some would like a larger screen, but I'd much rather the crazy resolution and portability the iPhone offers.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006

This a device that you take with you EVERYWHERE and EVERYDAY. The iPhone isn't small. It's thin, yeah, but it's a hefty and larger device. When you add a half inch here, and a quarter inch there, it adds up. Suddenly, you're lugging around a mini-tablet. Why would I want to carry around something bigger, when my iPhone is more capable, sturdy, and slim? Bigger isn't always better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.