My only beef with iPhone 4S is Tim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oneofthesedaves, Oct 4, 2011.

1. oneofthesedaves macrumors regular

What a craptacular introduction by the new CEO of Apple. I am buying the 4S. All the whiney babies who are complaining about the screen not getting bigger need to take into account that all of the apps that you have would have to be reformatted to fit two iPhones and many of them to fit iPad 2. Im doubtful that they would do that. You heard Steve over a year ago say " People don't want Hummer phones".

Tim...come on.. get it together. You are supposed to get people excited..

Was anyone else really disappointed by Tim?

2. Bluehinder macrumors member

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes. I fast-forwarded through his parts. I don't like his tone.

4. OSMac macrumors 65816

5. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

Schiller should take the reins on all future keynotes in my opinion. Tim is more of a numbers guy and is rather dull to be honest.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Tim is really dry. He sounded like he was genuinely happy for Apple, but paradoxically, he sounded like he had no real emotion.

Phil Schiller... man, that guy has no emotion either. This was the most uneventful iPhone unveiling since the 3GS. If Steve had unveiled it, I would have been okay with the 4S somehow. But Schiller... nope, just tossed it out there like he didn't really care about it, or was forced to just unveil the 4S.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

lol @ steve jobs thinking people dont want hummer phones?

it that why they are selling so well?. galazy s 2 totally outclasses iphone 4s.

10. Muro macrumors 6502

Yeah Schiller is much more enthousiastic. No offense but Cooke talks and looks a bit like a gentleman during the day and a serial killer over night.

Oh god, Steve please come back...!

11. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Tim isn't a visionary or a sales pitchman. He is a business guy. He has been running apple for a long time doing the serious numbers and business deals.

He should just hire a person to do the product announcements. I nominate Woz. Maybe get a group of young visionaries to come with crazy new ideas and products.

He just has to run the company.

12. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

Tim seemed like the thing he was the most excited about were the sales numbers and possible expansion in Asia. Typical bean counter. I think half the reason that people are disappointed by the 4S is that Steve's excitement didn't rub off on them. I miss Steve. I think Scott Forstall is the heir apparent. He will one day be the next Steve Jobs. IMHO. He's still learning how to be awesome, but in time, I think it will happen.

13. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

how so?

14. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

That guy gets way too excited when he talks about iOS 5.

15. BuckDot macrumors member

16. irDigital0l Guest

17. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

I agree 10000000%

18. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Steve Jobs would've released the iphone 5 if it was him on stage.

19. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

He doesn't quite have Steve's carisma but i think he will be a good ceo otherwise they wouldn't have picked him to be the predecessor!

20. BuckDot macrumors member

He also would have included a free pony with a 2 year contract

21. oneofthesedaves thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing, except that Woz had not occurred to me. I'm with Woz!!

22. Fissure macrumors 6502

Tim is a nuts and bolts guy, operational, keeping the gears going etc. I wouldn't say his speaking abilities are lacking from a professional standpoint but Apple shouldn't try to spotlight him as much for product launches. Here I think Apple needs to find a marketing person that gets technology and can articulate products better. Someone who can maintain the Apple culture that surrounds product launches.

23. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I agree I just watched the Keynote and Tims parts were so boring and dry. Steve somehow got you excited about the sales numbers like the money was going into your bank account haha.

I think Scott Forstall was the only one comfortable in his own skin up there. Tim seemed really nervous. Schiller was nervous and shaky. Eddie Cue was alright but Forstall I think seemed the most natural.

24. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Steve also said "We looked at the tablets and we think they are going to fail"

http://www.traderhood.com/2011/09/02/jobs-on-tablets-in-2003/

25. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Forstall get's creepier with every keynote. He gives these weird looks and just seems a little off.

Would you trust him with your kids?