Naked 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rockametrics, Oct 27, 2011.

1. rockametrics macrumors regular

With all the talk of cases, anyone just going naked? So far I have used my black croco leather holster and a SGP crystal screen protector. I really like the fact that the white phone does great job of not showing prints on back.
    Anyone else not want to cover this beauty up?

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I don't like covering mine up, but the white around the edges will start to become dirty after a while. I'm still on the hunt for a cheap nice quality bumper-style case that won't get dirty. Most of the white ones I've tried have yellowed with use. I've got my eye on some of those Chinese Vapor cases.

3. njgeek macrumors regular

I am getting there. At first I wanted to use the graft leverage case but honestly after it started turning yellow I don't think I want to use anything at this point. Maybe I will look at AppleCare+ instead.

4. rockametrics thread starter macrumors regular

Any bumpers? I hade a white apple bumper for my 4, but got dirty too quick with holster. What about Griffen or Scosche or Case-Mate?

5. regularguy macrumors newbie

I wanted to do this but my gf suggested using protection -- hmm

She didn't like how I treated my old nokia E51 without a case. It was scratched to hell, but functioned til the very end.

Probably trying to tell me something, but I'lll stay oblivious.

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

The leverage case turned yellow? I thought it was metal, or is that just the latch? I didn't really look too much further after I saw the price.

7. lentini macrumors regular

I went naked with my iPhone 4 for 18 months and I was always conscious that I would scratch it. Luckily after that time I only had 1 little scratch on the back by the time I sold it.

I don't want to go through that again with my 4S so I got a Desmay Slight.

8. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I managed to crack the screen on an iPod Touch when it fell out of my bag and onto a concrete floor, so I'm reluctant to allow my iPhone to run around naked.

The girly side of me also loves looking at all of the different "outfits" available for the iPhone. The other day, I saw a woman whose clothing and purple iPad cover matched perfectly. Was it just a coincidence? Does she own dozens of iPad covers to ensure a perfect match? Did she completely revamp her wardrobe to match with her one purple iPad cover? :D

9. rockametrics thread starter macrumors regular

I worry about dropping it as well, but haven't found the perfect case yet. I had the SGP Neo Hybrid EX on the 4 and although it looked cool for a while, the cheapness of it came through in the end.
    Until then no case for me.

10. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Had nothing on my 3GS for it's 2.5+ lifespan, and it was fine. For the 4S, I'm getting a power support film set to protect the back from scratches, and will try the front as well. But if they feel strange, or distort the display, then off they go.

Best case to protect the 4S is $99 and is called AppleCare+ :D

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Of course. Active topics never mean that no one is using the alternatives. Just as problem posts don't mean that there aren't people without problems.

Best is always highly subjective whether it's cases, screen protectors, AppleCare+ or any other topic, iPhone-related or not.

12. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

For now I just put a carbon fiber skin on the back so I can lay it on a table.

Other than that my 4S is nekkid and I love it (though this is how I used my 4 too!)

I pulled the trigger on a graft leverage case though, which I'll use when drunk

13. Deako macrumors 6502

Mines been naked since day 1. Not intending to case it either. I did buy some screen and back protectors, but they ruined the look and feel of the phone, so just took them off and binned them.

Wife on the other hand has scratched her 4S already after dropping it from the sofa and sliding it across the wood floor. Not very bad, but its there.

14. ransomed macrumors newbie

I love the design of the iP4/4S, and I think cases just ugly it up. Naked for me.

15. rockametrics thread starter macrumors regular

I used a cool leather skin from SGP on my 4. Any recommendations for cool rear skin for white 4S?

16. ProMed12 macrumors member

Since your entire reply is an annoying desire to split hairs...

You are wrong. It is ignorant and false to proclaim that on every topic what is "best" is always "highly subjective", or even subjective at all..

17. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You first have to spend a hundred dollars on cases before you realize that they're a waste of money.

18. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I'm thinking of going naked as well, but the idea of scratching the camera lens stresses me out. This is my first iPhone, and the camera is great. I want to keep it that way. However, the phone just looks so stunning naked. I might with AC+ since I cannot seem to find a suitable case around the $30 mark, but then that brings me back to worrying about the camera. I'm very careful with the phone. I'm not worried about scratches so much, just the camera.

I just got the phone and I don't even want to leave the house with it. :p

Too many case options. Too many expensive cases that seem badly made. I was dead set on AC+ and the SGP Neo Hybrid A, but $35 for a case and $100 for AC+ seems a little redundant. Not to mention the Hybrid's poly carbonate bumper seems to be a weak point. If I'm paying almost $40 for a case, I don't want it to break in two weeks. The whole situation is enough to drive me mad. I'm not even factoring all the cases that seem to cause flash issues.

A case seems to be a necessary evil to protect the camera lens, so why do they all suck so hard?

19. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

This is soooooooooooooo true.

20. stewie1 macrumors member

I was all set to go naked. I have only had a case for one phone previously, and I hated the bulk it added. But after I few days I realized that this phone is just way too slippery, and I didn't trust myself. Bought a Portenzo skin to give it some grippiness and save it from scratches.

Last night I dropped it on ceramic and created a small dent on the top right corner. This morning I dropped it onto my desk (no apparent damage). The phone is not even 3 weeks old and I'm already dreading the damage I am going to inflict over the course of the next 18-24 months... so this morning I placed an order for a case. Oh well.

21. alflavor macrumors regular

I'm just a little too clumsy to go naked, so for now I have gone for a switch easy nude case - not ideal and a bit plasticy.., still looking!

22. sparkstsa macrumors regular

My solution is to buy a few bumpers from sw-box. They are cheap enough to buy quite a few to have as spares. My favorite of the ones I ordered is the black/white bumper... it has that storm trooper look to it on my white 4s.

Attached Files:

23. cman-uk macrumors regular

24. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I bit the bullet. Instead of spending $100 on AppleCare+, I spent $50 on a Defender series case. Here's hoping things work out...god I hate putting such a beauty in a case.