Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
So I need to supply evidence for what exactly? This philosophy that if it's not hot then prove to me it is cold tactic seems almost unreasonable. What about warm, Luke warm? There are so many things in between. It's not black and white with Trump. Who is the resistance? Are they the people who continuously point out Trumps infraction's when he lies to the public? It's well documented. Is resisting a perpetual liar make people part of the perceived problem?

No what about saying he doesn’t care about human rights I present evidence he does, you ignore what I ask you twice while still replying to my posts and now you ramble about something Incomprehensible a philosophical “what is the resistance?” I dunno cause I don’t subscribe that, whatever it is but - It’s clear to me the resistance is a bunch of confused angry people who can’t keep their story straight. And repel evidence like they’re allergic to it

How about “I was wrong”? That would suffice

What’s your counter argument to my evidence he’s cracking down on trafficking? Is cracking down on trafficking a bad thing now that trump is doing it? If it isn’t, then would you say that’s a good thing to be cracking down on? Can you say it? I don’t think you can

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
“Freedom of the press” doesn’t care about Assange or Tommy Robinson. Virtually completely quiet about both.

They didn’t care Obama cracked down on whistleblowers more than any other administration despite touting being the most transparent.

https://archives.cjr.org/behind_the_news/cjp_report_on_us_press_freedom.php

They all jumped at the opportunity to put in their headlines misleading “trump calls immigrants animals”

So in other words, I ain’t buying it.

Media deserves all the skepticism/distaste they receive.

So now we are back to the "other guy did it too, so that makes it OK now" argument.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
So now we are back to the "other guy did it too, so that makes it OK now" argument.

No we are back to, the press screeches about Freedom of the press when people and the president criticize them... but are silent on real matters surrounding Freedom of the press

They are frauds. I’m still waiting for you to respond to what I posted about cracking down on trafficking, for the fifth time.

Your resistance to direct discussion is thoroughly impressive. I’m embarrassed for you since you don’t seem to have it in you to be.

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
“Freedom of the press” doesn’t care about Assange or Tommy Robinson. Virtually completely quiet about both.

They didn’t care Obama cracked down on whistleblowers more than any other administration despite touting being the most transparent.

https://archives.cjr.org/behind_the_news/cjp_report_on_us_press_freedom.php

They all jumped at the opportunity to put in their headlines misleading “trump calls immigrants animals”

So in other words, I ain’t buying it.

Media deserves all the skepticism/distaste they receive.
You got a lot of whataboutism there. Face it. This president is the worst since Nixon and maybe even worst of all time. He is the most corrupt, least truthful, and I might even go as far as to say the dumbest person to ever hold that office. Obama served the office with honor, and grace. He wasn't perfect, but certainly above average. Although, if all you do is watch conservative media like Fox News, and Info Wars, yeah, you are going to cherry pick things and blow them way out of proportion. Do you really think Obama would have made such a mess of the G-7 summit as trump did this past week? Anyway. You are probably too far down the GOP rabbit hole to save. Have fun in wonderland.

Mirice99

Suspended
Jul 26, 2017
6D5A9B62-2845-41EF-A907-2B1F48BB632B.jpeg

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
No what about saying he doesn’t care about human rights I present evidence he does, you ignore what I ask you twice while still replying to my posts and now you ramble about something Incomprehensible a philosophical “what is the resistance?” I dunno cause I don’t subscribe that, whatever it is but - It’s clear to me the resistance is a bunch of confused angry people who can’t keep their story straight. And repel evidence like they’re allergic to it

How about “I was wrong”? That would suffice

What’s your counter argument to my evidence he’s cracking down on trafficking? Is cracking down on trafficking a bad thing now that trump is doing it? If it isn’t, then would you say that’s a good thing to be cracking down on? Can you say it? I don’t think you can

"What a bizarre mindset the resistance has. They resist evidence fact and reason. They are fueled by emotions as argument" - this is what you said. So I ask again what resistance?

Trafficking. You are going to have to direct me to a post so I can respond. I picked up your partisan rambling after your response to the Dixie Chicks post. Sorry. I do feel inferior since I gave the impression I was ignoring your question. But don't feel sorry for me. I'm just happy my cable bill is reasonable. Hope I can say the same next year.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
You got a lot of whataboutism there. Face it. This president is the worst since Nixon and maybe even worst of all time. He is the most corrupt, least truthful, and I might even go as far as to say the dumbest person to ever hold that office. Obama served the office with honor, and grace. He wasn't perfect, but certainly above average. Although, if all you do is watch conservative media like Fox News, and Info Wars, yeah, you are going to cherry pick things and blow them way out of proportion. Do you really think Obama would have made such a mess of the G-7 summit as trump did this past week? Anyway. You are probably too far down the GOP rabbit hole to save. Have fun in wonderland.

Why would I “face it” over something that is factually incorrect?

He’s been president 18 month but due to the screeeching it has admittedly felt like a decade. I don’t fault the president for that tho. I fault media and Hollywood and it’s loyal parroters

And of course obama wouldn’t have acted that way. He was a non negotiating anti American globalist. Ie on the same team as Merkel and Trudeau. He couldn’t care less about our country. Still doesn’t.

[doublepost=1528755855][/doublepost]
"What a bizarre mindset the resistance has. They resist evidence fact and reason. They are fueled by emotions as argument" - this is what you said. So I ask again what resistance?

Trafficking. You are going to have to direct me to a post so I can respond. I picked up your partisan rambling after your response to the Dixie Chicks post. Sorry.

Again- you say he doesn’t care about human rights. I present cracking down on human trafficking is a core focus of his administration

so would you say he cares a little More than not at all? Would you applaud him cracking down on human trafficking?

ThIs is like extracting teeth when it shouldnt be difficult.

I brought up Dixie chicks cause you brought it up and I wanted to point out that it was a ridiculous thing to have as top of mind. And you bring it up again

I know you’re part of the resistance because you don’t appear to make a ton of sense. That is a key characteristic of hysteria indeed

Last edited:

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA

He’s been president 18 month but due to the screeeching it has admittedly felt like a decade. I don’t fault the president for that tho. I fault media and Hollywood and it’s loyal parrots
Yeah, but its really only been like 5 months when you factor in all the time Trump has been on his golf courses putting tax dollars in his own pocket. Look at all the damage he has already done in the short time he has bee in the office. Also Not factually incorrect. Factually correct. You still can't face though can you? Obama was better than any republican president in at least the last 60 years.

Reactions: Mirice99

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah, but its really only been like 5 months when you factor in all the time Trump has been on his golf courses putting tax dollars in his own pocket. Look at all the damage he has already done in the short time he has bee in the office. Also Not factually incorrect. Factually correct. You still can't face though can you? Obama was better than any republican president in at least the last 60 years.

I’m glad you feel strongly, but these are feelings.

“Look at all the damage he’s done” not an argument. Vague in nature. Nothing to respond to

“He’s been golfing and tweeting” obama
Did too. Things you fault
Trump for, you don’t fault Obama for. Classic double standard.

How could obama have gotten so much done while appearing on late night and academy awards and inserting himself in pop culture as much as possible? Who ran our country? George Soros?

And as for that hyperbolic statement, agree to disagree

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I’m glad you feel strongly, but these are feelings.

“Look at all the damage he’s done” not an argument. Vague in nature. Nothing to respond to

“He’s been golfing and tweeting” obama
Did too. Things you fault
Trump for, you don’t fault Obama for. Classic double standard.

And as for that hyperbolic statement, agree to disagree
Obama spent less time golfing in his first term than Trump has spent in his first year. Also, Obama didn't get paid every time he went golfing. Come on. You can't be this blind. Trump lied 71%of the time on the campaign trail. He has directly lied to the American people thousands of times. This is all verifiable. Or are you just a Russian bot?

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon

He’s been president 18 month but due to the screeeching it has admittedly felt like a decade. I don’t fault the president for that tho. I fault media and Hollywood and it’s loyal parroters

And of course obama wouldn’t have acted that way. He was a non negotiating anti American globalist. Ie on the same team as Merkel and Trudeau. He couldn’t care less about our country. Still doesn’t.

[doublepost=1528755855][/doublepost]

Again- you say he doesn’t care about human rights. I present cracking down on human trafficking is a core focus of his administration

so would you say he cares a little More than not at all? Would you applaud him cracking down on human trafficking?

ThIs is like extracting teeth when it shouldnt be difficult.

I brought up Dixie chicks cause you brought it up and I wanted to point out that it was a ridiculous thing to have as top of mind. And you bring it up again

I know you’re part of the resistance because you don’t appear to make a ton of sense. That is a key characteristic of hysteria indeed

Not hysterical and I am only responding to your partisan nonsense. No need to attack me personally, which by the way is a common tactic the angry right uses to prove their point.

"My Administration will focus on ending the absolutely horrific practice of human trafficking. And I am prepared to bring the full force and weight of our government, whatever we can do, in order to solve this horrific problem."

If he in fact does do something about human trafficking I will applaud him. I have read much about his plans to do something but not much about what he has accomplished. If you could direct me to some articles I would appreciate it.

I have read about the problem with human trafficking in general, the horrific conditions these people live in, the abuse, they are pretty much treated like slaves. The conditions these people live in reminds of the stories I have also been reading recently about detained immigrants living in makeshift prisons, and now actual prisons. The mistreatment, the abuse. I hope he does something about that too. The living conditions at the border are reportedly horrible.

But again if you could direct me to some articles about what he has accomplished I would appreciate it.

Does any of this somehow tie in with net neutrality? If you prefer we could take our partisan bickering elsewhere.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Obama spent less time golfing in his first term than Trump has spent in his first year. Also, Obama didn't get paid every time he went golfing. Come on. You can't be this blind. Trump lied 71%of the time on the campaign trail. He has directly lied to the American people thousands of times. This is all verifiable. Or are you just a Russian bot?

Glad you figured me out. I’ve been on this forum 11 years and never thought anyone would out me as a Russian bot like you just did.. Just like that. Man what am I gonna do now?

And 71 percent huh? That’s pretty specific

Interesting his support isn’t dwindling, and is actually growing despite being such the liar that he is ... “thousands of times”

Let’s call it quits.
[doublepost=1528756547][/doublepost]
Not hysterical and I am only responding to your partisan nonsense. No need to attack me personally, which by the way is a common tactic the angry right uses to prove their point.

"My Administration will focus on ending the absolutely horrific practice of human trafficking. And I am prepared to bring the full force and weight of our government, whatever we can do, in order to solve this horrific problem."

If he in fact does do something about human trafficking I will applaud him. I have read much about his plans to do something but not much about what he has accomplished. If you could direct me to some articles I would appreciate it.

I have read about the problem with human trafficking in general, the horrific conditions these people live in, the abuse, they are pretty much treated like slaves. The conditions these people live in reminds of the stories I have also been reading recently about detained immigrants living in makeshift prisons, and now actual prisons. The mistreatment, the abuse. I hope he does something about that too. The living conditions at the border are reportedly horrible.

But again if you could direct me to some articles about what he has accomplished I would appreciate it.

Have you heard of google? I found those two in mere seconds

You care so much about the issue I’m surprised you haven’t googled it

If you searched around like one percent as much as you seemed to care, you know about human rights and all, you might be scratching your head. But you seem so sure from your emotions, and the headlines, so you should roll with that and stick with it

Good day to you too

Also calling out your inconsistency in logic but desire for hysteria, isn’t “attacking you”

We’re having a debate. Don’t wanna have it? Then don’t. But I’m not “attacking you”

techwhiz

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2010
Northern Ca.
Ultimately it boils down to this:
Government regulations and laws only stifle those that were going to have policies that run afoul of those regs and laws.
Net Neutrality, would have no effect UNLESS those that oppose it would be doing things to violate it.

So all those screaming about the rules of Net Neutrality stifling innovation, please tell me how that is, if they were never going to charge or prioritize based on content?

If I pay for a hose at the store, why does the store care what I put through the hose if only to attempt to make more money by selling me a water hose, a water hose that can carry a higher volume of water, a gas hose, an air hose, etc.

If I pay for an internet connection, why does the provider care what I use my connection for?
If it's a hose for 50GB of data, I can put as much or as little through the hose as I chose. What I chose, as long as it doesn't run afoul of the law, is my business.

Everyone should be running a VPN to obscure the type of data they use.
It's non of the ISPs business what I use the hose for.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Glad you figured me out. I’ve been on this forum 11 years and never thought anyone would out me as a Russian bot like you just did.. Just like that. Man what am I gonna do now?

Interesting his support isn’t dwindling, and is actually growing despite being such the liar that he is ... “thousands of times”

Let’s call it quits.

If you searched around like one percent as much as you seemed to care, you know about human rights and all, you might be scratching your head. But you seem so sure from your emotions, and the headlines, so you should roll with that and stick with it

Good day to you too

Two what? I am only trying to respond to your nonsense. How I spend my time reading and the topics I cover should not really be an issue here. So now you are asking me to do my own research on trafficking so I can respond to your comments about trafficking, even though I am not sure exactly what you said about trafficking? Please direct me to your post with the comments you want me to respond to. Hurry, because I am getting exhausted trying to figure out what exactly your issue is.

What does any of this have to do with net neutrality?

Reactions: KdParker

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA

Let’s call it quits.

Good day to you too
Support isn't dwindling... Well thats debatable, but there are a lot of misinformed Fox News viewers out there and trump supporters tend to be pretty dumb, so you might be right. Gotta love that propaganda machine working overtime.

Reactions: thadoggfather

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
Great counterarguments

You left me a lot to think about today

/s

Twitter censorship is the worst. I’d love to see them investigated, regulated, and dissected by scrutiny of the law as much as possible.

Jack Dorsey now apologizes to a check mark for ordering Chick Fil-A during pride month “forgot about their background” — as a Christian corporation. That is, When he isn’t linking to articles that call for having all conservatives in California eradicated.. and later his to clarify what he meant by calling it a ‘great read’

Cant make this stuff up look at his feed. unfit to be CEO of a company of personal expression

Things have gotten unbelievably ugly,

instagram is censoring people who use the words God, Trump, or USA too. Look it up.

The internet utopia you speak of in its current form, simply doesn’t exist. Unless you’re into that kinda stuff, which you may be.

It's not censoring, its simply filter out by majority clicks and page views. That's how feeds work.

Because the majority does not bother looking at Trump or God related material. Hence why it surface less than the other contents.

Learn how things work before you think it's ugly.

Net Neutrality on the other hand is anti competition. Small business will not be able to compete with any other giant since they have no funds for so call "fast lane" when it starting to introduce. Other nations who doesn't have any form of net neutrality already starting with so call "packages" internet.

This administration is doing nothing to help the people. Only to profit themselves.

Mirice99

Suspended
Jul 26, 2017

Sadly most Trump voters are that blind, it’s how he got elected.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Uncomfortable facts aren’t a violation of the forum rules. Or shouldn’t Be. I can only
hope macrumors isn’t twitter. But we’ll see

All this time on this thread you have spent criticizing others, defending Trump, launching personal attacks, and pretty much talking about everything but the title of this thread, leads me to believe the whole issue of Net Neutrality is based on partisan political affiliations. Thus the reason we have a partisan bitchfest going on about nothing in particular.

And for the millionth time, direct me to your post about human trafficking so I can give you the proper response.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
It would be great if we didn't need regulation (why can't companies have a conscience?), but given the history of monopoly and abuse by telcos, I think it's bad to have lost net neutrality. I can imagine many scenarios where lack of net neutrality laws can lead to abuse. I can also imagine ways in which it can be beneficial. But again, judging by past and even current behavior of telcos, I'd put chances of abuse at ~100% and chances of something good for the consumer at ~0%.

Reactions: LizKat

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
All this time on this thread you have spent criticizing others, defending Trump, launching personal attacks, and pretty much talking about everything but the title of this thread, leads me to believe the whole issue of Net Neutrality is based on partisan political affiliations. Thus the reason we have a partisan bitchfest going on about nothing in particular.

And for the millionth time, direct me to your post about human trafficking so I can give you the proper response.

Defending trump is not a forum violation as much as you wish it were

If it were up to you, you would ban All discourse

You already responded that you pretty much don’t care trump’s cracking down on trafficking and are too lazy to research it yourself. Despite pretending to care about human rights. That’s your right.

So it’s a stalemate!

Last edited by a moderator:

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
So, then, your view on laws is that anything that doesn't have a direct effect on you is just fine? That's your test for justice?

lol you’re making a pretty general assumption based on one specific topic no?

It’s just the internet. I posted that I’m not going to make any negative comments until I see some sort of negative effects for example a bill increase, speed changes, or even blocked content. You know stuff that effects everyone differently.

ctucci

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Yer Mom's basement.
Having worked for one of the largest CDNs in the middle of the original Netflix NN clusterf*ck this is really going to suck. Verizon and Comcast were very much throttling our entire network in order to extract payment out of Netflix. They saw their customers as *their* product instead of customers. They used that base as a method of extracting money and throwing their weight around instead of seeing them as customers that wanted content delivered in a timely manner. Now that they can legally do what they tried to do years ago we're just going to get more and more screwed. Comcast can limit Netflix traffic onto their network and extract payment for the traffic that makes it on. That's only going to lead to higher Netflix bills. It's not going to force new innovative technologies because Comcast has less competition if they can keep newcomers away from their customer base.

But if Comcast has built and owns the network, why don't they have the right to charge Netflix more if Netflix' traffic impacts their network in -any- way?

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Defending trump is not a forum violation as much as you wish it were

If it were up to you, you would ban All discourse

You already responded that you pretty much don’t care trump’s cracking down on trafficking and are too lazy to research it yourself. Despite pretending to care about human rights. That’s your right.

So it’s a stalemate!

Oh for the love of god! After all that I am not going to get a straight answer out of you am I ? I tried to understand your point of view, I really did. I'm too lazy to do research about something you feel so strongly about but refuse to provide a link to your comments about human trafficking so I can respond. OK.

Like I said Trump has talked about cracking down on trafficking but I have not found too much information about what he has accomplished so far. I asked for your help in understanding the issue and asked if you could direct me to a few sites, but obviously we must be having a communication gap. Hope the net censorship thing isn't already kicking in.

And for the record, getting rid of net neutrality is a big mistake. Hard to understand while wearing the political blinders, but some will figure it out eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mirice99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.