Netflix Original Programming- Could be Time To Subscribe!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, May 13, 2015.

1. Huntn, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Already am. :p
    Netscape with their slew of excellent original series appears to becominwg a force to be reckoned with. HBO should be afraid. ;) what impresses me is that so far, everything I've seen on Netflix by way of original programming has been good, unlike SciFi and TNT which have both turned out dogs, especially The SciFi Channel. FX also has a couple of shows I can recommend: The Americans and The Strain.

So far, I've watched:
    House of Cards
    Daredevil
    Marco Polo
    - started but sidetracked.
    Bloodline (on 3rd episode)

[​IMG]

9 Original 2015 NetflixSeries To Be Excited About

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    - after living in a doomsday cult for 15 years, Kimmy goes to NYC.
    Bloodline- all is not well in paradise.
    Daredevil- a fresh enjoyable take on the horrid Ben Aflack movie, with one depiction of extreme violence.
    F Is For Family- Animated Married With Children?
    Gracie and Frankie- Wives of business partners are advised by their spouses, that they are leaving their wives for each other...
    Marseille- Power, corruption, redemption in the French port city.
    Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones- A former super hero opens a detective agency.
    Narcos- Drug Cartel action.
    Sense 8- SciFi action from the Matrix people.

Daredevil.jpg

[​IMG]

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

And let's not forget Fuller House. I'm pretty stoked to catch up with the Tanner family in 2015.

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep, I'm looking forward to lots of their new programming especially the other Marvel hero based shows.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am really looking forward to their next three rounds of marvel movies!!!

Marco Polo was good.... enjoyable and I hope we get to see a second round of adventures from him!

Have you watched "Orange Is The New Black"? yet? It is good also.

FX has had some good runs lately.
    The Strain - Reading the comic now actually...
    The Americans - Awesome show
    Justified - I have the last season in my DVR.......and it too just ended.
    Archer - Love this show.
    Sons of Anarchy - Just ended but man what a ride.

SyFy is hit and miss. We have a few shows that we watch:

Defiance
    Dominion
    Face Off
    12 Monkeys
    Lost Girl (ending this season)

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I only think Daredevil is really good when it comes to Netflix original programming.

6. koa macrumors 6502

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Which makes it better than anything on network television.

Apparently rumors are floating around that Jeremy Clarkson's potential Netflix program will be called "House of Cars"

8. mgguy, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Just finished the second season of Bates Motel. The quality of the acting is exceptional. Three other high quality shows on Netflix worth mentioning are Bloodline, Rectify, and Wentworth. Oh, another good series is Happy Valley (season 1 out and season 2 to begin filming soon).

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Oh yeah I definitely agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the Netflix original programming concept. Would rather watch any of those shows that network TV. I was just comparing Netflix shows to each other.

HBOnow is pretty great and its in the same vein as Netflix too.

10. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Hemlock also is a great Netflix original!

Imo, Netflix seriously has increased it's value with the introduction of these originals. Hopefully they keep up with the quality that's been coming out.

11. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Not to sound argumentative, but for what HBO charges as compared to what they offer, they are over priced as compared to Netflix. Of note, I am paying $15 a month for this season of Game of Thrones (HBO). When it's over, I'll cancel my HBO Now subscription.

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Thats what you watch though. I watch GoT, Entourage, the Wire, Newsroom, plus some of their new movies. On netflix I just watch Daredevil. So netflix for me is overpriced honestly.

13. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Have you checked out the others on Netflix? :):) maybe you have mentioned it and I've forgotten.

14. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

They both are expensive if you don't like any of the other shows or programming they offer.

Both have good shows, and both have really bad shows.

I am waiting for my cable contract to be up before I purchase HBO Now, so I will basically have HBO, Netflix, and Hulu. If I can't find what I want based off of those three channels, well then, I have a few books to read! :D

15. Huntn, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Daredevil, Bloodline, and now Sense 8 are all hits. I got a little emotional with Sense 8 which rarely happens when I watch TV, but mostly occurs for excellence, when something clicks for me (Episode 4). I'm up to but not yet watched episode #6. Recently started a dedicated Sense 8 thread.

Did you stick with 12 Monkeys? I faded holding the original movie up to it.

16. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Between (2015)- Scifi series on Netflix about a small town where everyone over 21 dies. I'll check it out but it seems like it has a similar feel to the.Leftovers or even Ressurection.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Looks like another must watch! I've been very impressed with the Netflix original series. (Now if they'll only give me season 2 of Blacklist, I'll be happy.)

18. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I just wanted to add my $0.02 about Daredevil. I'm not much into binge watching, nor (after Lost) am I into obsessively watching any one particular show. For Daredevil I did both. It's solid pretty much all the way through and I found myself liking all of the characters. I actually might check out stuff like "Orange is the new Black" because of the quality of this show ... and I can't wait for Daredevil season 2.

19. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

A word and number- Sense 8 top quality production values although some people have objected to the LGBT sensuality on display.

20. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Yes, I have to re-evalulate my answer to this question you posed earlier. I've finally gotten into House of Cards, Daredevil and Sense8. Orange is the new black is ok, and i watched 1st episode of bloodline, but haven't gone back. Either way, subscribing to netflix is worth it for those former 3 shows I mentioned alone.

21. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I'll be honest, when the news first came out that Netflix was having their own in house programs, I thought they were going to be absolutely horrible.

To the date, I have been very happily surprised I was wrong and the production value on all of them have been top notch.

22. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- This has some funny moments and a bizarre visit from Martin Short, but alas, it's a bit silly, not that silly is a disqualifier, but it did not grab me. :(

Watched one episode and I'm undecided on Between.

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

They're mostly good/very good. None of the shows match up to HBO at the top of its game, but they put traditional sitcoms to shame.

24. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

25. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

It's really impressive to see the quality of shows produced by Netflix and networks like AMC. It seems like they've come from out of nowhere and have FAR surpassed the quality of shows produced by the "major networks"...ABC, NBC, CBS.