New Apple iPad Ad: We'll Always

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released a new iPad television advertisement tonight called "We'll Always" which shows off the iPad in many different uses.
We'll never stop sharing our memories. Or getting lost in a good book. We'll always cook dinner and cheer for our favorite team. We'll still go to meetings, make home movies, and learn new things. But how we do all this will never be the same.
As with previous iPad ads, Apple is focusing on the user experience by demonstrating various iPad apps.

Article Link: New Apple iPad Ad: We'll Always

FrHa

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Yet again, another superb advert from Apple; very classy and engaging.

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Hmm nice ad, as usual. Maybe this is why we have to pay premium for those iDevice. We paid extra to enjoy those quality ads from :apple: :D

"We'll always have to pay more for iPad"

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I think I must be one of the few who doesn't like these commercials. The sentimentality is forced and crammed into a 30 second spot. It seems saccharine to me to try to force all the feel-goodery of life into one commercial. I can see a commercial trying to convey one emotion at the most. Plus, the guy narrating really needs to clear his voice. He sounds like the guy who announces, "With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good."

I know I'm an odd duck for this, but I like the aggressive, driving feel of the Power Mac G4 Cube ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuJvwvome1o

It's modern, and the guy's voice is clean. The iPad commercials give me an icky Hallmark of the week type feel. I believe in emotion; I just hate forced emotion—it makes me uncomfortable. I actually mute these iPad commercials when they come on TV, whereas I used to get really excited by Apple ads.

Hyper-X

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2011
Definitely a good commercial. I always prefer to see stuff like this when it demonstrates benefits over features/specs.

FlameofAnor

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
I think I must be one of the few who doesn't like these commercials. The sentimentality is forced and crammed into a 30 second spot. It seems saccharine to me to try to force all the feel-goodery of life into one commercial. I can see a commercial trying to convey one emotion at the most. Plus, the guy narrating really needs to clear his voice. He sounds like the guy who announces, "With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good."

I know I'm an odd duck for this, but I like the aggressive, driving feel of the Power Mac G4 Cube ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuJvwvome1o

It's modern, and the guy's voice is clean. The iPad commercials give me an icky Hallmark of the week type feel. I believe in emotion; I just hate forced emotion—it makes me uncomfortable. I actually mute these iPad commercials when they come on TV, whereas I used to get really excited by Apple ads.
That's quite an emotional response over a 30 second ad....... considering how you hate "forced emotion". :D

engbren

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
Great Ad

Wow, great ad. Pretty much mirrors how we use our iPad at home. Our 2.5 yo son loves the educational games and can even go to his favorite Thomas & Friends videos on youtube.

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Coke gets it.

McDonalds gets it.

Apple gets it.

When you advertise, reach for the heart and the emotional center of your viewers. That's why Apple continues to make award-winning ads that reach (most of) us. And it's why competitors continue to miss the boat by pushing specs.

People want to know 'what can I do with this device?' Not what hardware does it have. Apple gets it.

tallackn

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
How about HTML5 Admins?

Come on guys. You know very well that most of us are either on IOS devices or using Mac's with Safari free of system wide flash.

How about being smart and using HTML5 embedded YouTube videos rather than flash ones. That way ALL browsers can view it without having to go find it on YouTube directly.

cozmot

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, DC
Apple is the only company IMO that knows how to market a tablet device. I think this ad is brilliant. It makes me want to buy an iPad, but for god's sake, we have two in my household! All of the other companies make commercials that try to wow people with technology. Apple makes it intimate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.