New Apple Products Introduced

SLAPSHOTW

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2004
I'm ordering a Mac Mini for me and my girlfriend, and probably gonna use the iPod Shuffle for a new USB Key.

kaszeta

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2003
iPhoto 5: Finally has heirarchical folders

Ahh, they've finally added RAW support and heirarchical folders to iPhoto 5. That makes it an order of magnitude more useful to me....

kronos2611

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
very cool -especially the Mac mini. Also very impressed by the pricing - £330 UK...

Might also get a iPod Shuffle - incredibly cheap

afields

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
Woo-hoo!!! I feel like a kid on christmas morning who just got a shiny red tricycle!! :D

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Good to see that iDVD finally supports (without hack) external burners (via burn image option).

Mac Mini is a killer. Going to order one as soon as Canada store is usable.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Awesome. Just awesome. The Mac mini is almost perfect, save for the 32mb Video card. Meh... $499!!!!!

I'm sure the iPod shuffle will find it's way into many people's pockets, especially at $99. I think it's gonna be huge. No iPod universal connector though, which means other iPod accessories don't work?

Good keynote, Steve!

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
I was hoping the iLife '05 update would either be free or cheap for those that bought iLife '04. I think having to pay full freight for an update to a product you just bought 12 months ago is a bit steep.

All the stuff looks great, though.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Wow. The iMac mini is so much better than the iHome fake. Very nice. Too bad I can't use it to upgrade my cube -- I'd lose a lot of the savings to buy an ADC adapter for the monitor. At that point I might as well get an eMac.

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Northborough, MA
i mac mini, i want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i pod shuffle- don't really like the design but i know itll grow on me just like the imac g5.

I also like the price for iWork, i remember spending 99 for keynote alone, cant wait to have money, damn skies. lol

Way to go Apple!!!

-Neal

Moonlight

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
iLife: what is with the graphics on the package ?
iWork: same lame graphics on box
Mac mini: look at the QTVR of it at apple.com it looks like it has a power brick and some other brick ??? Although it is nice, a g4 seems old school to me
iPos Shuffle: Genius or Madness ?? we shall see

Thataboy

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2004
New York, NY
Overall, it is what I expected, and it is all satisfying.

The only blunder (in my opinion) is a relatively minor one:

iWork does not come free with new Macs (such as the Mac mini). Switchers have to swallow a bitter pill in buying all new software, and having iWork pre-installed would have gone a long way.

That said, Apple has priced iWork very aggressively ($79) considering Keynote 1, alone, cost $99.

It will be interesting to see people's reaction to iLife's price going up to $79.

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
iWork replaces Appleworks?

Where is the spreadsheet then?

Are you telling me your average user types documents and makes presentations?

I use both a word processor and spreadsheet but never do any presentations.

I would have paid for a good quality productivity suite like an updated Appleworks, but as iWork has no spreadsheet it would be a waste of money.

Although saying that I'm sure Pages is a good word processor and much cheaper than MS Word.

railthinner

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2002
iPod shuffle seems really cool, but I don't want to transfer a gig over usb. I don't see why they didn't also incorporate the shuffle mode switch into the round dial, much like the mode dial on a camera.

the mini looks phenomenal. I can really see a lot of people going for it.

Macciee

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2004
Yep make sense why show of anything else before Tiger...

Most impressing is the mini mac - it will break new grounds -

Software updates are good - but I miss (TIGER) the mail and ical upgrades!

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
The Mac mini is soo nice! :D

And the prices are actually good in the UK, £375 edu for the Mac mini 1.42Ghz. I'm not too sure of the style of the iPod shuffle, I like the idea behind it though.

mootpoint

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2004
The Mini Mac looks very nice indeed. Good entry point for new mac converts. The flash ipod, again, will see new buyers at that price point (supply problems though? - this product is going to be in BIG demand). Looking forward to seeing the Quicktime broadcast.

I guess the Powerbook upgrade will be in a couple of weeks.