Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
there is no hope of keeping these things secret with all the case manufactures out there...

Luckily although the camera secret is out, and has been for yonks, it doesn't release software feature details, which is what Apple likes to protect most from leaking.

Is the new nano screen 16:10 or 16:9?

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
the text "iPod touch 3rd generation" looks photoshopped to me. It's a different font weight, and the spacing between the letters is off.

not like it matters. We all know updates are coming soon, anyway, so who cares if the case is fake? ;)

Come on, Apple. Announce your Beatles **** already, and release the damn iPods. I am ready to buy.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
what i wanna know is why both those cases have odd shaped camera holes? r these things gonna get better lenses than the tiny circular iphone camera? that will just piss me off:mad:

The extra space is for a microphone for video recording.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Don't give up hope yet.

well I take from this that the case size is the same for the new third gen touch with just the addition of the camera. This says to me there will be no 6 inch/ fat touch model presented. That makes the whole show a lot less interesting.
If they add GPS with the camera I will take a look but what I want is a bigger more easy to read screen. :(

I'm with you about a larger Touch. However these leaks don't imply a lack of such a devices. Let's face it you haven't seen any ten inch cases either.

In other words remain hopeful. It looks like the entire lineup is about to be revved so maybe the case vendors are off balance. It is also highly likely that any new device is being held close to the chest. Apple simply isn't going to help the case manufactures with new profile devices.

Dave

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
So hopefully in the next few days maybe we'll see pictures of the next gen iPod Touch?...At least I'm hoping so.. :D

mpb2000

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
I respect Apple's decision to move in a different direction but IDGAF about having a camera on my iPod. I'd prefer capacity over all these other trinkets. Seems like they just wanted to throw in another feature just for ***** & giggles.

It's pretty much expected that there will be a capacity upgrade; there is every year. Why not have a camera too? Can't hurt.

And like someone said before, aligning the touch with the iphone streamlines apple's manufacturing process, thereby reducing their cost. Everyone who says that the touch becoming too similar to the iphone is a bad move for apple is crazy. The touch is missing that one important feature, you know, the phone part. Anything else just adds more interest to the touch. If someone really wants a phone, they'll get the iphone. If not, they can get the touch. Having a camera isn't going to be a deciding factor.

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
the text "iPod touch 3rd generation" looks photoshopped to me. It's a different font weight, and the spacing between the letters is off.

not like it matters. We all know updates are coming soon, anyway, so who cares if the case is fake? ;)

So some third-rate case manufacturer uses the packaging for their previous case, and adds on another entry for the 3rd gen touch and the person uses another font (or it's a placeholder until they know the capacities), so what? Be happy that it is actually in English!

buxtone17

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2009
When you have ISO Set higher on a camera, it tends to blur the picture slightly. It looks blurry to me on the right handside where it gets darker compared to the left handside.

When you shoot at a high ISO, you get more grain/digital noise, not blur.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
Has no one else noticed that there are no capacities listed for the 3rd Gen? Everyone's talking about the difference in the font, what about the complete lack of listed capacities.... maybe there'll only be one iPod Touch 3rd gen and it will have unlimited capacity :rolleyes:

Vulpinemac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2007
It's recycling season!

What would be fun is if all of these devices have the camera opening in the wrong locations. I wouldn't put it against Apple to intentionally leak incorrect data in order to force those companies who rely on rumors to waste money. Such a company could only afford to do this one or two times before they learn to wait for an 'official' announcement from Apple before designing peripheral devices.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
eh, i wish these cases were well known names like speck etc. then i know its real

Hama is definitely a well known name in Germany. They actually employ more than 2200 people worldwide. It's kind of a low-cost alternative to other more upscale manufacturers.

corinhorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Everyone who says that the touch becoming too similar to the iphone is a bad move for apple is crazy. The touch is missing that one important feature, you know, the phone part. Anything else just adds more interest to the touch. If someone really wants a phone, they'll get the iphone. If not, they can get the touch. Having a camera isn't going to be a deciding factor.

I fully agree. I have no desire to get the iPhone because I'm happy with my carrier and my current phone, but I do want an iPod Touch. If the camera remained exclusive to the iPhone, I still wouldn't care and it wouldn't convince me to ditch my carrier. Even though the iPhone and iPod Touch have a similar feature set, they each have a different user base.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I had thought that after so much information leaked before the last update, that Apple was no longer providing information to the case manufacturers beforehand. Was that not true?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.