Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New 'Get a Mac' Ads: 'Group' and 'Pep Rally'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted two new "Get a Mac" ads again featuring Justin Long and John Hodgman playing "Mac" and "PC", respectively.

Group - features "PC" participating in a support group for "PCs Living With Vista."

Pep Rally - focuses on Apple's recent success in the education market and its position as "the number one notebook on college campuses."

Article Link

cloudnine

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I love it.

And everybody brace yourselves for all the whiners complaining about how all the commercials are so smug and how Apple should be ashamed of themselves.

Ugh.

Comment

Pippen Man

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I like the Group one. Ha, "I've been error free for nearly a week. I've been error free for nearly a week..." :D

Just for the record, I have Vista, and I don't have that many problems with it. But I still enjoy the Get A Mac commercials. They brighten up my day :)

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i liked them both... the pep rally one was funny but why at the end have an imac when they talked about how the laptops are popular on college campuses... shouldn't it have been a macbook :confused:
i hope they make a few one for wwdc like last year

Comment

drewsof07

macrumors 68010
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I just loved that it was on during House for the 1st run! My two favorite things, House and Apple in the same hour!!!

Comment

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
They do nothing for me.

But then, I already have a Mac. And many who find them smug are those in denial who wouldn't buy a Mac anyway.

So if they work on their target--people who never thought about Macs but now will consider them--then hey, whatever works! They certainly seemed to be liked by the non-techie people I know. And they may not be the majority here on forums, but out there in the market they are.

Comment

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
Oh ya?

So my Vista might give me an error saying that Winamp needs to close every time I tell the program to quit, but at least it doesn't randomly freeze while I'm browsing Safari like Os X has done twice in the last week!!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.