New 'Get a Mac' Ads: Vista, Party, Genius

05elstonc

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2006
Miami
Choose a Vista had me laughing. These seem as if they would have worked better with a Leopard Release, I guess the Ad agency did not get the memo on the Oct. Delay. (I kid) I wonder how many more they have.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
wow, the ads are getting more and more daring! theyre really trying to get at MS....they shouldn't be gloating so much though because of the Leopard delay. But I guess they're acknowledging some legitimate problems Vista has.

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
I still wish they would just focus on their own true strengths...more specific reasons than "it just works" or PC bashing.

-=|Mgkwho

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
The funny thing is "PC" is the star of the ads. They are about his troubles and adventures and Mac just sits there making snide comments. Shrugging excessively does not change the fact that he's not being very nice. That's why the "genius" one was good, because the roles were reversed.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Looks like Mac got a haircut. ...12" MacBook Pros on Tuesday! :D

Choose a Vista is the best out of the three, followed by Genius, and lastly, Party is Over. I really like the first two, but the third is lacking.

Hopefully Knocking wasn't posted on Apple.com because it will never air on TV - it just makes no sense.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
These aren't Mac commercials anymore. They are a Vista attack campaign. If you are going to beat the competition, you have to give it a little respect. Even professional athletes get this.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Looks like Mac got a haircut. ...12" MacBook Pros on Tuesday! :D

Choose a Vista is the best out of the three, followed by Genius, and lastly, Party is Over. I really like the first two, but the third is lacking.

Hopefully Knocking wasn't posted on Apple.com because it will never air on TV - it just makes no sense.
I agree. The third ad makes more sense than Knocking and alludes to the same thing vis-a-vis drivers and such. Knocking blows chunks, IMHO.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
I thought PC hated fun? But here he is playing a game and throwing a party! (granted, neither ended up being much fun)

Can't wait for the spoofs where Mac can't play the Choose a Vista game because the Mac OS version hasn't come out yet. :p

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
These were much better than the last batch. I especially liked the Choose a Vista one as well. There needs to be more Mac-praising and less PC-bashing imo.

alansky

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2007
Marin County, CA
I don't think so...

..."they shouldn't be gloating so much though because of the Leopard delay."

A delay of a few months is not even slightly comparable to a delay of five years! If Apple wants to gloat, I say "Let them gloat!" :cool:

bigmc6000

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
This isn't sports

These aren't Mac commercials anymore. They are a Vista attack campaign. If you are going to beat the competition, you have to give it a little respect. Even professional athletes get this.
Granted, while it would be nice to take the "high road" that's not how advertising works in America. Just look at the massive success AllTel has had bashing T-Mobile, Cingular, Verizon, AND Sprint. I do believe they beat their Wall Street estimate quite handily. There's also another company around where I live called Metro PCS and they do the same thing. And yes, they make tons of money by doing it. That's just how American advertising works - if you're a really tiny guy you attack the big guy. Doesn't mean it's "morally" right, that's just how it is.

Also, I'd doubt Apple would continue to make these commercials if they weren't doing their job.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
June 11

I thought PC hated fun? But here he is playing a game and throwing a party! (granted, neither ended up being much fun)

Can't wait for the spoofs where Mac can't play the Choose a Vista game because the Mac OS version hasn't come out yet. :p
Wouldn't be valid after June 11 though - After Apple releases the Leopard beta on 6/11, we'll all have a copy of an OS which is far more stable than any Windows/Vista GM release :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.