Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
I like the first one also.

Wonder what ads were left on the cuttting room floor?

But Leopard would have been on time had Mac not stopped to help MS with Vista, remember "PC's" Personal Message telling all at Apple to take a break, rest their big brains, find themselves, mess with their compost pile, read poetry, etc. and then asking for help on Vista becasue they could use it... No sooner had PC requested the help, then BAM, Vista is on the road to being released.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_uyC_GF3A

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I just saw "Genius" on TV, funny.:apple:
Edit: Now that I think about it, how much would you bet that that poor girl will be the new Ellen Feiss?

PK56

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2007
Not in MY hometown

That's not what the Mac Geniuses look like at MY Apple Store.

abeyk

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2006
Houston, TX
"Party is Over" kinda takes the place of "Knockout" 'cause PC says that he can't use some of his peripherals in both.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
..."they shouldn't be gloating so much though because of the Leopard delay."

A delay of a few months is not even slightly comparable to a delay of five years! If Apple wants to gloat, I say "Let them gloat!" :cool:

eh... at least get your information right. It took 5 years, it didn't delay 5 years. it's been like 2.5 yrs for OS X?

quik

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2005
Montreal (Canada)
Marketing-wise this is a pretty bad ad. No one should bash competition because this cause people who use the "competition" (Windows Vista) to think that Apple think they are stupid by using Vista. They should put efforts on what makes the Mac different from Vista and stop bashing Microsoft directly. It's fun to see that Microsoft helps Apple (With Office on Mac OSX) and Apple is still bashing them. If Microsoft would stop OSX support, Apple would lose sales from people that needs Office comptability.

The funny thing is "PC" is the star of the ads. They are about his troubles and adventures and Mac just sits there making snide comments. Shrugging excessively does not change the fact that he's not being very nice. That's why the "genius" one was good, because the roles were reversed.

Yeah, like a lot of people that are getting tired of the concept of these commercials, I'm hoping to see something different. Maybe a mac centric one? not sure if that would be as funny though...

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
I really just feel these ads are getting old and uncreative by now.. What happened with the good ads, Think Different style?

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
The Vista one is the best.The Genius one makes me want to go to an Apple store and start quizzing them on math problems.:rolleyes:
haha, or even mac stuff for that matter.

Wonder what ads were left on the cuttting room floor?

But Leopard would have been on time had Mac not stopped to help MS with Vista, remember "PC's" Personal Message telling all at Apple to take a break, rest their big brains, find themselves, mess with their compost pile, read poetry, etc. and then asking for help on Vista becasue they could use it... No sooner had PC requested the help, then BAM, Vista is on the road to being released.:)

I think Leopard was not delayed because they helped MS with Vista... get it right. It was the iPhone.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i saw the choose a vista aka "lose a turn" during 24. it was mentioned over in that thread. i loved that one, and i don't get what it meant by him losing a turn...but it was funny!!

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
eh... at least get your information right. It took 5 years, it didn't delay 5 years. it's been like 2.5 yrs for OS X?

ahem... vista was intended as a mid-cycle release between xp and blackcomb; microsoft planned to ship it in late 2003. so vista is 3+ years late, or about the same amount of time between leopard and tiger... which by the way avie tevanian said was going to happen. post tiger, he stated OS X development wasn't going to be as break neck in speed.

tutubibi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
localhost
Vista ad is half decent.
Others just radiate with that Jobesian Apple arrogance/superiority act that I am really getting tired of.

Yes, OS X is way better than Vista!
Yes, Macs are way cooler than Windows PCs!
No, ads are not funny any more.

It's becoming like watching Rocky Part 17 :D

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
The Vista one is the best.The Genius one makes me want to go to an Apple store and start quizzing them on math problems.:rolleyes:
Yeah, or just sit and stare...
Marketing-wise this is a pretty bad ad. No one should bash competition because this cause people who use the "competition" (Windows Vista) to think that Apple think they are stupid by using Vista. They should put efforts on what makes the Mac different from Vista and stop bashing Microsoft directly. It's fun to see that Microsoft helps Apple (With Office on Mac OSX) and Apple is still bashing them. If Microsoft would stop OSX support, Apple would lose sales from people that needs Office comptability.
So this is where the Canadians get such a reputation for being polite... ;)

Attack ads tend to be effective among us Yanks. If you can get humor in there, better yet. In general though, the best approach is to insult the manhood of those using competing products-- they'll know it doesn't make any sense, but they'll worry that someone else thinks it does.

avus

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002

...this ad is poking fun at choosing Vista, not using it...

Seriously, I don't understand why some people get so irratated at these Apple ads because they are very tame by American standard, e.g. American beer companies bash each other in their ads on how their light beer tastes better than the other...

xnu

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2004
I have always like the ads, it has been something the mac community has wanted for years, I mean years... But I really think they are getting better with each ad, these are really funny and effective.

yzp

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Quebec
Vista is half decent.
Others just radiate with that Jobesian Apple arrogance/superiority act that I am really getting tired of.

Yes, OS X is way better than Vista!
Yes, Macs are way cooler that Windows PCs!
No, ads are not funny any more.

It's becoming like watching Rocky Part 17 :D

I have no otther choices than to agree to you 2 first statement, but I cant say that you're right on the 3rd..... apple always innovate, even in ADS!!!

hey, Rocky rocks! ok?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.