New MacBook colour preference

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ohenriquez, Apr 19, 2016.

?

Which new MacBook colour will you choose?

1. Space Grey

54.4%
  2. Silver

17.6%
  3. Rose Gold

15.4%
  4. Gold

9.6%
  5. Undecided

2.9%
  1. ohenriquez macrumors member

ohenriquez

I have decided to get the new MacBook and I find interesting to read about people’s circumstances, reasons and preferences towards a new colour.

2. asoksevil macrumors 6502

My girlfriend felt the Gold Rose color on the iPhones were too "pink" while the Gold Rose on the MacBook looks super stylish and sleek.

We will probably ending up with the Gold Rose but need to check in-store as color can be quite different from our displays.

3. igazza macrumors 6502a

igazza

Rose gold is nice, will be popular choice for girls, but men too

4. BarcelonaPaul Suspended

To right. Colour is all about confidence. Just look at how well us men rock pink shirts!
    I love the rose gold. It doesn't seem however, the same colour as you see on Tiffany rose gold jewellery though.
    I thought that the champagne gold was excellent on the MBK but have been waiting for the rose gold one. Greedy of Apple not to drop the price but that's the image they seem to portray these days. £1300 for the 1.2 is very very expensive.

5. Koudspeel macrumors regular

Koudspeel

It's always been classic silver for me. I don't have to show off my Macbook with 'fancy' colours. Plus: silver also matches with my silver iMac, silver iPhone and SS Apple Watch.

6. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

Silver for me..........Silver is classy and high end looking IMHO.

7. ohenriquez thread starter macrumors member

ohenriquez

Thank you for the responses. Very interesting
    I have an iPhone 6s Plus Rose Gold and love the colour but the Space Grey looks very sleek and nice. I am leaning towards Space Grey but I would like to see the Rose Gold in store and if it is very nice, I will buy it
    I am a medical doctor and funny enough my Rose Gold iPhone had raised eyebrows amongst some of my male colleagues but I don't care as the most important thing is that I like the colour

8. kanyehameha macrumors member

kanyehameha

9. danniexi macrumors 6502

rose gold for the wife. it should match well with her rose gold iPhone 6S and Apple Watch.

personally i would go for silver or gold, but i'm holding out on the rMBP announcement in WWDC. i'll make my decision then.

10. where is it macrumors 6502

where is it

I will be getting the space grey version once I have convinced myself and everyone around me it is a critical purchase.

One worry I do have though is the space grey colour is a fairly dark colour. Sitting out in the sunshine will this heat up the Macbook and cause issues?

11. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Love my space grey rMB! Looks so sleek and modern. Plus it matches all my other Apple devices (to the most space grey can). I've wanted a dark MB, as I've grown bored of how all the silver looks.

I was considering the gold but it looks brown or dark orange in some light. And I might get tired of it. Neutrals such as silver or grey are the best bet for people unsure.

12. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

13. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I didn't get gold...too flashy for me. I didn't get rose gold...too pink for me. Many of my Apple laptops have been silver. Space Gray is the only option that suited me.

14. joelank macrumors member

I picked the gold, unfortunately had to return the machine because of some issues I had with it.

15. FriendlyMackle macrumors regular

FriendlyMackle

I worry that the gray might scratch and rub off -- was that a problem at all with the 2015 models?

16. KPOM macrumors G5

Interesting. I have the rose gold iPhone and iPad Pro, but opted for Space Gray on the MacBook. There is too much "colored surface" on the MacBook to pull off rose gold, IMO.
    --- Post Merged, May 5, 2016 ---
    It wasn't a problem for me.

17. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

My wife has the 2015 in gold and she loves it. I may purchase later this year and it's a toss up between silver (traditional Apple laptop color) and space gray (match my phone & iPad).

18. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I had a 2015 Space Gray. Sold it. Got the 2016 in silver. It just seems more... "Mac-like"
    (And it hides fingerprints better, I think.)

19. KPOM macrumors G5

20. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

I'm a bit of a traditionalist.
    So it's silver all the way, baby.

21. PlayHard macrumors member

Got my Rose Gold - "PINK" macbook today and couldn't be happier. Yeah, I'm a big guy and I love rocking a PINK laptop cuz I like the color pink. At first my friends laughed but then said it matched me.

22. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Tried to like the Rose Gold. Have a RG 6s to compare, went to Apple Store to see the new rMBs. Gold is still my fav, with a close second for silver. Don't rly care for SG or pink on the MB.

23. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Space grey for me, i couldn't walk around with the pink one far too feminine for me.
    Was that Tims product contribution to the direction for apple?

24. geekiemac macrumors member

geekiemac

Silver for me, too. Which doesn't mean I don't like the other colours, except Gold. But Rose Gold is a little too flashy and Space Grey a little too masculine. So I went with Silver, which matches my iPhone 6S+ too...