New MacBook Pros Likely to Launch on Thursday

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
Ah, I was sweating this one. I was worried that with the Intel chip set problems that this was going to be delayed until April or May even.

This is great if true, then I can still use an educational discount. I'm glad I held off from buying back in January.

Just got mines :p

JK. Good luck to all purchasing this gen. Hopefully you get your blu ray, USB 3.0 , 6Gbps SATA, onboard SSD, LightPeak, Firewire 3200 and all else your little hearts desire.
I'll settle for a decent graphics card and a bump in the video ram (like pc laptops have) instead of the mediocre graphics they normally put in (but I ain't holding my breath).

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
I really want to order one - but I bet Thursday will come and we will still be waiting.

There is a really hot deal on an Elitebook too if I wait too long it will be gone! Arg!

Henry S

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
What a happy coincidence, we are expecting to receive our bonuses at work on the 25th.

I just noticed that 15" MBPs on Amazon "usually ship in 1-2 months", so something must be happening soon.

sap12690

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Does that mean they will hold an event to announce them? im desperate for an iPad 2 announcement!!!

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
What a happy coincidence, we are expecting to receive our bonuses at work on the 25th.

I just noticed that 15" MBPs on Amazon "usually ship in 1-2 months", so something must be happening soon.
Wow you're right. Most of the models on Amazon are either showing huge shipment delays or "only 3 left" or something!

sk58781111

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
i'm hoping for an mba type design - lighter, thinner, no optical drive, less expensive ssd, and bigger battery. oh, and no sharp edge at the palm rest :)

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Ok serious questions, are these going to have a quad core option? Or is that going to be late '11?
I am sure that you know the answer. No quad cores. The real question is whether new laptop will have USB 3.0 and BluRay option.

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

ChrisTX said:
My MBP is turning 4, and runs snow leopard like a champ, but I'll probably bite the bullet, and upgrade now.
My mac is 5 years old and I still plan on using my 17" as a desktop pc but I am jumping in the next gen train like butter on bread

PK44

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
New to the forums, and to MBP's in general. Been fun reading all the hype and rumors waiting to pull the trigger on my first MBP. Hoping for a redesign and a worthy spec bump. Good times :D

So some are saying without an event the chances are slim that we'll see anything major changed. I'm no Apple veteran but hasn't this been the LONGEST anyone has waited for a refresh to the MBP's? It would be pretty lame if this was a minor internal refresh only, don't you think?

Cr0nus

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2011
Boston / LA
I agree with you PK44. In addition what would be the point of the advertisement campaign of "next generation of macbooks" without continuing to bring the other macbooks to that next generation.

beebler

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148a)

old-school said:
If 24th means no press event, I'm guessing there won't be any cosmetic changes as reported by some. I'm hoping for a bit of SSD.
Yeah the redesign is the next one. Still in the early stages but it's going to be more Air-like; thinner with a 15-in model, powerful and with a really good screen.

johnnymg

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
I am sure that you know the answer. No quad cores. The real question is whether new laptop will have USB 3.0 and BluRay option.
Why would you even mention BluRay in context of a MBP? :confused:

USB 3 is a possibility though.

cheers
JohnG

rjbruce

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think you likely know the answer to this one too. I hope for USB 3.0 but since it's not supported natively by Sandy Bridge I'm skeptical, and bluray? :(

Edit: johnnymg is too fast...

PK44

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah the redesign is the next one. Still in the early stages but it's going to be more Air-like; thinner with a 15-in model, powerful and with a really good screen.
I keep seeing you say this all over the forums. Air Like, powerful, and a good screen? Please give me the email of your source so I can thank him for giving us all this great information :rolleyes:

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
Sorry but I completely disagree with you on that one. There is a better chance of quad core than there is for USB 3.0 and BluRay. So your question is not the "real question.":rolleyes: