Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
I'm gonna go on a limb and say that it'll look nothing like this. Even more, there are a bunch of designers at Apple Park laughing at the water cooler at these renderings.
Wouldn't that be something? Too much smoke though IMO

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Same vibes.

apple-watch-pro-cads.jpg
airpods-max-ear-cups.jpg

icwhatudidthere

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2019
Yes there are fancy versions to blow money on. But they are identical to their base counterparts minus shell and bands. Making the base pro over double the price to get a bigger screen and a button is 100% insane. If they try to justify it by making it out of something fancy then they are just gating features behind fluff. Be like if they made the 44mm model only made out of gold.

Don’t confuse features with design and aesthetics.

There should be a pro made out of the same materials as the non pro with the bigger screen and extra button and that should be 100-200 more max.
The stainless and titanium aren't just fancy versions for aesthetics. They also come with sapphire glass and tougher metals. One of the primary features of this Pro version is supposedly durability and ruggedness. You're not getting that with the base glass screen and aluminum case, both of which are a constant source of complaints even on these forums. It's gonna need the sapphire glass and tougher metal that's available on the stainless or titanium.

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
This thing is ripe for an official apple rubber shock proof case for $60 in multiple colours, it looks like it’s been shaped that way to accommodate a case.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I know everyone says they don’t like it… I think it looks great. The real problem is the dimensions. I wear a LARGE 45mm Apple Watch on my small 160mm wrist. No way can I get away with 49mm, it will look stupid, not because of the design but because of the size. I wish they had a “small” 45mm version, maybe next year when a CPU brings power improvements that allow for more battery life.

digitalprty

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
By the looks of it, I won’t have much competition snagging one of these up. My series 5 broke a few months ago and I’ve been patiently waiting ever since.
1662493701193.jpeg

Droid13

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
United Kingdom
but that won't give me my messages, or workout info, or email...... I could go on and on.... people buy an apple watch so they can have a computer on their wrist that links with their phone not simply to tell time.

But the Apple Watch doesn't let you cosplay as a lunar-bound astronaut. I'd take the Speedmaster.

On a more serious note, I suspect that the Apple Watch team have more than a passing interest in traditional watch design; there is more than a hint of that in the dial options (California, Chronograph, Count-Up, Explorer, GMT, World Time... surprised they don't have a Moonphase) and now, if the renders are correct, the crown guard design.

Reactions: GregoriusM

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
But the Apple Watch doesn't let you cosplay as a lunar-bound astronaut. I'd take the Speedmaster.

On a more serious note, I suspect that the Apple Watch team have more than a passing interest in traditional watch design; there is more than a hint of that in the dial options (California, Chronograph, Count-Up, Explorer, GMT, World Time... surprised they don't have a Moonphase) and now, if the renders are correct, the crown guard design.
The AW team are full-on watch nerds...I've read a few interviews with them and they LOVE mechanical watches. That's why you see all the homages to traditional watches in the designs and graphics.

I've said it before...I am all over the new design. I can't wait to see it tomorrow and see what cool bands there will be!!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'm just trying to understand why that block has to be protruding from the watch like that? on the existing watches the side button sits flush with the body... why do we need this weird little block to hold it on this watch? I mean I'll reserve judgement for when I see the real thing in person... But that just looks unnecessarily horrific to me.

Reactions: johnmed

Droid13

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
United Kingdom
The AW team are full-on watch nerds...I've read a few interviews with them and they LOVE mechanical watches. That's why you see all the homages to traditional watches in the designs and graphics.

I am not surprised. It really does show. Will look up some of their interviews.

I am too attached to my mechanical watches to move to an Apple Watch. I tried "double-wristing" for a while but the watch on the "wrong" wrist kept getting bumped and I abandoned the idea.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
I have a stupid question for anyone who owns an Apple Watch. Is it bi-directional. Meaning I can wear it on either wrist and have it orient properly.

Cause I notice that the crown is on the right hand side of the watch. If I wear it on my right wrist so that the crown is on the left will the watch be upside down....or orient itself correctly for me being left handed?

Thanks for anyone's info. I can live in a right handed world, Just prefer not to. :)

Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.