Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy.c

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
Sweden
I was hoping for a MBP update as well. I was so sure of it I sold my MB to my girlfriend earlier today. Lucky me we live together so I can probably stall her for a couple of weeks. :cool:

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
i wish apple would pay more attention to their most central product line, the MBP, and not ignore it as the make retartarded toys such as the macbook air and the iphone. all they are is toys. MBP is the heart of apple, i cant believe they treat it so poorly. the next update better be major, otherwise there will be alot of dissapointed people.

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
I've already complained via the MacBook Pro feedback page, I think everyone else should too.
Might not make much difference, but I needed someone to shout at.
Wallace86 says nothing but sense.

wake6830

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
So, apple has taken the unusual step of making a consumer product have newer & better tech than their top-of-the-line pro laptop.

Are they going to give the mac mini a blu-ray drive now and not update the mac pro?

weblogik

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
i got a MBP Santa Rosa 2.6 on black friday. had a blast over xmas with Logic Pro, and been working on it for a month

Glad i didnt wait for this bull!!!

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i wish apple would pay more attention to their most central product line, the MBP, and not ignore it as the make retartarded toys such as the macbook air and the iphone. all they are is toys. MBP is the heart of apple, i cant believe they treat it so poorly. the next update better be major, otherwise there will be alot of dissapointed people.

bitter are we? they sold 4 million of those 'toys' smart me thinks and not retarded.

i don't know if mbp is the heart of apple. i think innovation, which the MBA is, and great products is the heart of apple. don't get me wrong, i'm bummed they didn't announce at least processor updates as I want to buy one, but i think you're speaking with more emotion than anything else.

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
So, apple has taken the unusual step of making a consumer product have newer & better tech than their top-of-the-line pro laptop.

Are they going to give the mac mini a blu-ray drive now and not update the mac pro?

LOL it would not surprise me at all at this point, hahah

chilipie

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
Englandshire
I want to hit something so badly, I've been holding off buying for bloody ages :eek:

I think I may just have to go play CoD and take out my anger on some unsuspecting n00bs...

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
bitter are we? they sold 4 million of those 'toys' smart me thinks and not retarded.

i don't know if mbp is the heart of apple. i think innovation, which the MBA is, and great products is the heart of apple. don't get me wrong, i'm bummed they didn't announce at least processor updates as I want to buy one, but i think you're speaking with more emotion than anything else.

They sold a lot of beanie babies as well, but that does not change what they are.

CST

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah

Agreed, but...

They are making Apple tons of money. Good for us all, I think.

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
I want to hit something so badly, I've been holding off buying for bloody ages :eek:

I think I may just have to go play CoD and take out my anger on some unsuspecting n00bs...

i second that....i'll be using my golden m60 machine gun going rambo on everyone.

dante@sisna.com

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
MBP is the heart of apple, i cant believe they treat it so poorly. the next update better be major, otherwise there will be alot of dissapointed people.

They don't treat it "poorly."

It is a fantastic, world class machine.

MBP just won a BEST BUY award from PCWORLD among PC Laptops.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,123729-page,1-c,notebooks/article.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135062-page,1-c,notebooks/article.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html

Wolvngelz

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
Brunei + Melbourne
Zzzzzzz

This is way too frustrating.

Now all i'm wondering is if Apple will launch the Penryn MBP after mine arrives when I freaking order in a few weeks.

TIME TO BUY A DELL VOSTRO.

lol?

bubble27

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
Whooooo! im glad there was no upgrade.

Now whatever the next update will be a necessity! :D
Would be great if apple went all the way to upgrading to Montevina centrinos and come out with ddr3, blue-ray and WIIMAX, since those chips are coming out in march....but then again thats me dreaming :rolleyes:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
hate to say it but

I told ya so.

I've been saying all along this update wouldn't be announced at MacWorld.

99% sure it will be a simple press release update within the next month.

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
Whooooo! im glad there was no upgrade.
There are other people in this world.

hate to say it but I told ya so.
Some people can't afford to wait that long but cannot risk the life span of the current model.

:D
Cheers, I'll send off a message in a moment. What did you say?
I launched into a tirade of discontent about Apple's general lackadaisical attention to its pro lineup and their money-grabbing attempts and so on.

Edd.Dantes

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2007
Apples has gone downhill bigtime.

I second that.

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman... Macworld 2008..... WEAK !

Doesn't everyone just love how Apple has been so successful at alienating the base that built them...

When SJ came back, things turned around for the better... Now, I wish he would leave !

It may be time to explore the Hackintosh a little more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.