Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
My Apple status has been "Not Yet Shipped" since 7:32PM 6/15. I got my order confirmation 9:43PM 6/15, but all has been silent since. When should I start worrying about getting my iPhone delivered on launch day. No Prepared to Ship, no shipping confirmation.:confused:

garp

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
I am in the same position. Somewhat alarmingly, if I call their phone system to check, it will initially say the order is "in process" but when I ask for more information it tries to connect me to a human being to get more info, but then I just get a message that Apple cannot take my call due to high call volumes :)

Time will tell.

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Same here - I ordered on 6/15 early morning 6am PST and still no go. I see ppl ordered after me already have iphone in shipment :(

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I'm thinking if I don't get a shipping confirmation by tomorrow morning then all bets are off and I won't be receiving iPhone 4 on Thursday. I presently have Virgin Mobile by the minute, it costs me about $5 a month, just decided to go HI-TECH after all these years. If I don't get it on Thursday may go spend the $3000 I was going to spend in the next 2 years on lots of Guinness and say the hell with it. Having $3000 worth of Guinness, probably would be too drunk to use a new iPhone 4 anyway:D

bitslap47

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2007
Posted this in another thread or two... but this is def relevant to you guys.

Here is my experience for those in the same boat:

I attempted to order from ATT on pre-order day. The first attempt failed with a please try again message. I tried again a few hours later, same message.

I attempted a third time with Apple and succeeded in getting two orders in (one for each eligible family plan line.) I received both confirmations that night.

Wednesday night I got an email from ATT that one order succeeded with them but was canceled since it was a duplicate. The next morning I got a confirmation of a second order from ATT. I now had 2 confirmed orders from Apple, and one for both lines with ATT.

Realizing this would not be good...I canceled the ATT order right away and immediately had them put in an urgent case to revert my eligibility status before Apple re-checked pre-shipment.

Sunday I decided to check my order status since most people were getting ship notifications. Not yet shipped... aw man!

I called Apple to double check and guess what? ATT was too slow to revert my status (actually had not done so yet on Sunday) and Apple now shows the dreaded "carrier rejected" note on my orders. I explained the situation to Apple and gave them the urgent case number. I then called ATT and they were able to revert my eligibility status Sunday night, however Apple still has my orders "in review" and not yet shipped.

The only good news? They haven't been canceled yet either.

I am left wondering when they will arrive if they do in fact do ship without being canceled.

jhoward1082

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Posted this in another thread or two... but this is def relevant to you guys.

Here is my experience for those in the same boat:

I attempted to order from ATT on pre-order day. The first attempt failed with a please try again message. I tried again a few hours later, same message.

I attempted a third time with Apple and succeeded in getting two orders in (one for each eligible family plan line.) I received both confirmations that night.

Wednesday night I got an email from ATT that one order succeeded with them but was canceled since it was a duplicate. The next morning I got a confirmation of a second order from ATT. I now had 2 confirmed orders from Apple, and one for both lines with ATT.

Realizing this would not be good...I canceled the ATT order right away and immediately had them put in an urgent case to revert my eligibility status before Apple re-checked pre-shipment.

Sunday I decided to check my order status since most people were getting ship notifications. Not yet shipped... aw man!

I called Apple to double check and guess what? ATT was too slow to revert my status (actually had not done so yet on Sunday) and Apple now shows the dreaded "carrier rejected" note on my orders. I explained the situation to Apple and gave them the urgent case number. I then called ATT and they were able to revert my eligibility status Sunday night, however Apple still has my orders "in review" and not yet shipped.

The only good news? They haven't been canceled yet either.

I am left wondering when they will arrive if they do in fact do ship without being canceled.

So if at&t, for whatever reason, is holding up the order, your order will display with a "carrier rejected" message in Apple's systems? I already called Apple earlier today and they said my order looked ok but I want to make sure if at&t has put a hold on the order, at least the Apple CS rep would be able to see that and tell me.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I called Apple today because my order says not yet shipped. She told me it was prepared for shipment and that I would get an email sometime today.

So I'm guessing the order page is not in sync with the real database.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
This has been covered in other threads.

Apple/AT&T always stockpiles a bunch of phones at various locations around the US. If your phone is destined to be one of these, you won't get the notice until the day or two before the 24th that it's been shipped, since they can just overnight it to you.

If you are one of the people getting the phone direct from the factory in China, you got your notice last Friday or Saturday, because it takes that much longer to ship.

KEG777

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Same here. I ordered from Apple on the 15th and yesterday morning it was preparing to ship. A couple hours later it went back to not shipped yet. I called Apple yesterday to change the shipping address, Thinking that was the problem.

I called again today because I noticed 6 1.00 holds from apple from my bank this morning. I had some holds last week too. well they assure me everything is fine and I should get it on the 24th. I even asked her to check where it was shipping from and she told me china. I don't see how it will get here on time from china at this point. having not being shipped yet.

I would really be shocked if I get it at all at this point.

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
Count me in. I ordered from AT&T on the 15th and got no confirmation etc. (they finally sent it 2 1/2 days later) - So I ordered from Apple before the 6/24 cut off date.

Apple order status: Not Yet Shipped
AT&T order status: In Progress

I had assumed I was getting both phones and would return one until I started hearing about holds and order cancellations. But I just called apple (surprisingly only about a 5 min. hold time) and they verified that there are no holds etc. on my order...I guess it will just ship out later. Weird. This launch sucks giant donkey balls.

bitslap47

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2007
So if at&t, for whatever reason, is holding up the order, your order will display with a "carrier rejected" message in Apple's systems? I already called Apple earlier today and they said my order looked ok but I want to make sure if at&t has put a hold on the order, at least the Apple CS rep would be able to see that and tell me.

Yes... there is a carrier rejected status returned by ATT, and then Apple puts the order in review.

A bunch were canceled Saturday night due to carrier rejections, but some special cases went to a stage 2 manual review (so I'm told.)

I'm guessing because my eligibility was pending change (the request I put in to change it back after the canceled ATT orders) so it went to manual review.

This may not be your case though, it could just be a slow update of the order status view is all.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Just checking in, it's now just about 6:00PM EST, still no word. I guess I can start the 24 hour countdown.

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I don't think I am going to see anything moving here - its 8pm EST of 21st, so there is no way it can make it by 24th

looks like I will be standing in line somewhere

jhoward1082

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
I don't think I am going to see anything moving here - its 8pm EST of 21st, so there is no way it can make it by 24th

looks like I will be standing in line somewhere

At this point we have to assume ours will ship tomorrow from somewhere stateside via two day shipping. If we don't see any movement by sometime tomorrow I'd say we're screwed.

patsfan83

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
I tried all day to order on 6/15 and it finally went through at 8 PM PDT...I'm fearing it might have been too late and will get shipped in the second wave.

My order still says not yet shipped, however it says:

Ships: Delivers on June 24th
Delivers: Jul 6 - Jul 8

So there is still hope it might arrive on my doorstep on the 24th.

doteyes9

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2007
I tried all day to order on 6/15 and it finally went through at 8 PM PDT...I'm fearing it might have been too late and will get shipped in the second wave.

That weird. Mine went through at 7:56 PM PDT and mine says ships by July 2nd. Did you beg upon the all powerful Steve with an email for an earlier ship date?

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
When my confirmation email was received on 6/15, I asked in this forum when to expect my tracking number and I was told Tuesday or early Wed so I think we still have some time left. Kind of hard to believe that Apple would have 600000 iPhone still in China.

jhoward1082

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008

It's probably just a coincidence but I notice most of us in this thread are in the New England area (New York, Providence, Boston here) wonder if that has anything to do with it

KEG777

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Well in my case, the Apple CSA told me it was shipping from China when I called. Hope she just made a mistake on that part. Still says Not Shipped Yet as of 9:15 EST.

Who knows what will happen at this point, Hopefully it's shipping out from somewhere in the states

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
so right now on call with apple.com - the guy saying everything looks good, he went and checked with their support team (meh!) and still insists everything looks ok - but now tone changes that everything looks ok on 'apple' side and I should consider calling ATT&T

I told him there should be no complication of upgrade/transfer etc as this is brand new contract (never had AT&T before etc).

Also asked him what should I tell AT&T store? Look up my apple.com order - he didn't had any solid response.

So I have asked him to get me sup - so I can make some stink of this - now on hold while he is locating some sup

as I have been telling for last one week - FUUUU apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.