Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
yeah - on call with apple again and the guy tells me everything is ok and I should expect phone on 24th -

I am like meh - how do you explain that its still sitting in 'Not Yet Shipped' status while everyone else and their grandma getting shipment tracking numbers in email

This is my first apple order and haven't they royally ****ed it up.

Enjoy the wait because you won't have it shipped. As I stated earlier, Apple is completely clueless.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Tick Tick Tick ..... What's the chances Apple doesn't ship my iPhone .... But DOES ship my bumper on the 24th ....... idiots!!!:eek:

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Well I just broke down and called Apple customer service to cancel my bumper thinking I won't get my iPhone and the nice girl told me I'll be getting my iPhone on the 24th. Tick Tick Tick ............ :eek:

bitslap47

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2007
I got the promised call back, and Apple is unwilling to move up the ship date at all on the two new orders scheduled to ship mid-July.

Very dissapointed in Apple.

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Well I just broke down and called Apple customer service to cancel my bumper thinking I won't get my iPhone and the nice girl told me I'll be getting my iPhone on the 24th. Tick Tick Tick ............ :eek:

umm, while I hope it works out for you - want to suggest you not to trust first level rep at apple phone support. I have talked to three guys so far and everyone was very confident that everything looks fine on my order and I should expect it on 24th.

After insisting on why the hell my order status then shows still as 'Not Yet Shipped' the supervisor confirmed my order was carrier rejected. He promised me call back 6 hours before, still no go.

Hardsheller

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I can't even pre-order for the 14th. Apple set me up with a new contract with AT&T. I have a CONTRACT for an iPhone 4 with AT&T, but no phone. AT&T said APPLE needs to ship me the phone. APPLE CANCELLED my order after messing with my AT&T contract!!!! APPLE you are to blame!!!!! If you had problems, you should have CALLED and tried to FIX the problem INSTEAD of CANCELING orders!!!!! SHAME ON APPLE!

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Good morning everyone, no change in status this morning. Can't really believe CS @ Apple saying I will be getting my iPhone tomorrow unless their website just hasn't updated my status and my iPhone is on the way. Well only have to wait till tomorrow to know now. Tick Tick Tick

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Good morning everyone, no change in status this morning. Can't really believe CS @ Apple saying I will be getting my iPhone tomorrow unless their website just hasn't updated my status and my iPhone is on the way. Well only have to wait till tomorrow to know now. Tick Tick Tick

Morning! :) So looks like its just you and me with the dreaded 'Not Yet Shipped' orders

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Well I really don't expect my iPhone tomorrow but what confuses me is that my bumper I ordered says ships 6/24 and there is no status change for that either, That gives me my only hope that they just didn't update my status.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
My Iphone is still Not Yet Shipped but 5 minutes ago my bumper & dock just went to Prepare to Ship. I called Apple yesterday and they told me my iPhone would arrive tomorrow. If it doesn't they are wasting their time sending me the bumper & dock because I plan to cancel my entire order.

IndianGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
My Iphone is still Not Yet Shipped but 5 minutes ago my bumper & dock just went to Prepare to Ship. I called Apple yesterday and they told me my iPhone would arrive tomorrow. If it doesn't they are wasting their time sending me the bumper & dock because I plan to cancel my entire order.

wow - exact same thing...the doc went into prepared for shipment - yay now I will have iphone dock but no phone

Wookye

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Not Yet Shipped

So how many of us still having status as 'Not Yet Shipped'

Ordered 6/15 at 10:30am PDT. Received conf. email 15 mins later. Status page has never changed. Still says exactly the same thing "Ships: Delivers on June 24th" and "Not Yet Shipped".

Hmm. It says delivers on June 24th, but doesn't say which year.

reaborg

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Santa Clara
Ordered 6/15 at 10:30am PDT. Received conf. email 15 mins later. Status page has never changed. Still says exactly the same thing "Ships: Delivers on June 24th" and "Not Yet Shipped".

Hmm. It says delivers on June 24th, but doesn't say which year.

I called Apple today as well.. and here's my situation.

On the 15th, I had tried to make a reservation first, but was faced with all kinds of errors, so wasn't sure if my reservation went through. Thus, I instead opted to pre-order an iphone and open a brand new account (new to ATT). I placed my order around 7:40PM PDT, and the order status says that it will deliver on the 24th. Two hours later, I also got a confirmation that my reservation went through after all.

Like others, my pre-order has said "Not Yet Shipped" since the day I placed the order. When I called Apple, this is what they said (paraphrasing):

Since, I have both a confirmed reservation and a pre-order (and perhaps other orders that somehow went through, while all I got were errors on my side), it looked like I was trying to add multiple iphones to my name. Since, I am opening a new ATT account, each iphone has to be associated with an account (or a line), and because I have two iphones under my name, that has "probably" created some confusion. She suspected that if I waited, my pre-order will probably come through in couple days (so not the 24th) once they sorted out the issues. She also suspected they will probably try to open two lines under my name because of this issue.

So, during tomorrow's launch, I will try to get in line with my reservation. If I am able to get the phone, I will cancel the pre-order. If the line is too long (if I have to wait more than few hours), then I will cancel my reservation, and just wait couple more days (or a week or so) for my pre-order to come through.

Bottom line: no iphone will be delivered to me on the 24th for sure, even though it says otherwise on the order status.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
As I sit here this morning waiting for the FedEx truck that probably will never be stopping in front of my house I wonder. Can I cancel my order with Apple & ATT (2 year contract) when I call Apple CS @ 7:00 tonight once I know for sure that I didn't recieve my iPhone. They commited to delivery on the 24th so haven't they broken the contract?

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Just been updated from not yet shipped to prepared to ship? WTF is happening.:D

inthecup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Well it was prepared to ship for about 15 minutes, now it's back to not yet shipped ......... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

jhoward1082

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Well it was prepared to ship for about 15 minutes, now it's back to not yet shipped ......... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Same exact thing there. Went to prepared to ship for 10-15 minutes and now is back to not yet shipped... is the next step cancelled? That is what seemed to be happening to people a couple of days ago

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.