OMFG... UPS "missed delivery" of my package

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I checked UPS and it said "attempted/missed delivery" so I called my sister in law because she was at my house all day today and said nobody knocked nor rang the doorbell. FFFFFUUUUUU UPS.

2. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

She was out, asleep, pooping, showering, etc.

3. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

am still waiting also normally there here by 2pm

4. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Man I had the SAME THING happened to me that I posted in another thread.

Call UPS and tell them your situation, and tell them to re-attempt 2nd delivery today. I almost missed my driver AGAIN because he went to the wrong place.

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I believe your sister...If UPS is in a rush they leave slips and run.

My old house had a door bell the neighbors could hear and UPS would leave slips while I was in the house waiting for a package without ringing the bell.

[​IMG]

6. Appl3FTW, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

My sister in-law is not a liar unlike yours.

7. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Dang, that's messed up. Although the above may be true, I recall once waiting for a package at home. Went to check the door saw nothing. When I went to check the door again 30 mins later (all of which was spent in the TV room near the door) since the regular mail had came, I also found a 'missed delivery' note on my door. They never rang...

8. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I've had this happen a few times with UPS drivers. My condo buzzer dials my phone, so I KNOW that they haven't tried to contact me. Lying sacks of...

C

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

Wow that's cool

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I think you need to change your signature then. :p

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I had a yellow sticker on my door only once from UPS and it was attempted delivery with no one home. The parcel was never on the freaking truck to begin with as it never got loaded on the truck that morning so they give out a bogus delivery attempt.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

How did u verify that it wasn't on the truck?

13. southflguy macrumors regular

It's happened to me before. Call UPS and tell them - they will contact your local hub and radio the driver. If you are "upset" enough they will actually come and deliver it.

14. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

How would they know to come to your door and leave a sticker if they didn't have a parcel on there? It was just as expensive for them to put that sticker on there than to actually deliver the parcel, so it makes no sense to me.

C

15. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

16. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Called UPS, they apologized and admitted it. It was delivered the next day first thing.

17. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

Is there a notice on the door? It happened once to a friend, it says missed delivery on the website but no notice left on the door and two hours later the package is right there sitting on the front porch.

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Don't know the exact details how, maybe the driver gets notified by the shipping center while they are delivering.

It is what happened, only once but I know that the USPS does the same thing cause it has happened to some friends of mine.

19. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I used to have problems like that. I installed the Ring Doorbell. No more problems :) It recordeds if someone rings the bell or if it detects motion.

20. bizack macrumors 6502

In the past I've left a 'please leave with neighbor' note on my door. Today I got home to a nice 'We Missed You' notice. I called UPS and they said someone *has* to be home - no leaving with neighbors. They will redeliver on Saturday though. One of my goals in life is to put UPS out of business.

21. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Have had several such nightmares with UPS this year. Nervously awaiting delivery of my 6S. There is no love lost between UPS and me. Hate them!!!!

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

don't worry. UPS use to visit my old place around 2-3pm, but on iPhone launch day it was like 7-8pm

23. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

You could have avoided all these if you've signed up MyChoice. You could authorize the release and they will leave the package at the door when there's no one at home, and they won't be held accountable if the package is lost.

24. bizack macrumors 6502

I live in an apartment in SF. There's no place to leave the package - unless I want someone to walk by, pick them up and walk off with them.