Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I live in NY. I asked about the Saturday deliveries and they told me again that my carrier doesn't do that. It's like they insist on me waiting till Monday. I don't want to but if I have to..
I don't know about carrier orders but mines clearly had a Saturday delivery in it... Which hey failed to tell me. They told me the next delivery is Monday.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I'm at the UPS hub now... Fing waste of time. Look at that line for pick up. Omg.

All of my phones got delivered. Hopefully USP can get their **** together bro good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I checked UPS and it said "attempted/missed delivery" so I called my sister in law because she was at my house all day today and said nobody knocked nor rang the doorbell. FFFFFUUUUUU UPS.
Its payback for the anti Apple diatribe you posted about your watch.

Guess you really did "show them who's boss" after all.

Reactions: Appl3FTW and ABC5S

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I live in an apartment in SF. There's no place to leave the package - unless I want someone to walk by, pick them up and walk off with them.
Maybe it's different in different states, or apartment communities, for that matter.

But, all places I've lived here in Florida, will accept packages at the rental office and sign for them if nobody is home to accept them.

But like the OP's problem...I had a UPS guy who would not even knock on the door. He would just leave slips on all the doors and drop the packages off across the street at the office. I called UPS and asked if this was normal, and of course, it's not.

Needless to say, that same driver was never on my route again.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
In the past I've left a 'please leave with neighbor' note on my door. Today I got home to a nice 'We Missed You' notice. I called UPS and they said someone *has* to be home - no leaving with neighbors. They will redeliver on Saturday though. One of my goals in life is to put UPS out of business.
The best way to do that is not to use them as your carrier.

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
The best way to do that is not to use them as your carrier.

Would be glad to if I had a choice of carrier.

Maybe it's different in different states, or apartment communities, for that matter.

But, all places I've lived here in Florida, will accept packages at the rental office and sign for them if nobody is home to accept them.

But like the OP's problem...I had a UPS guy who would not even knock on the door. He would just leave slips on all the doors and drop the packages off across the street at the office. I called UPS and asked if this was normal, and of course, it's not.

Needless to say, that same driver was never on my route again.

Hah, this is SF. Unless you're living in a $3500+ apartment, there is no 'rental office.' These are old victorians we live in...

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Well I got everyone involved from UPS and Apple. I filed a complaint for the driver and the UPS carrier complaint. I also scalated it at Apple Sales management.

Surprisingly, everyone was telling me next delivery is Monday, when I got the package, they were gonna deliver today on Saturday delivery.

She's here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 120

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I believe your sister...If UPS is in a rush they leave slips and run.

My old house had a door bell the neighbors could hear and UPS would leave slips while I was in the house waiting for a package without ringing the bell.

18mjqmiztq3xijpg.jpg
LOL this looks about right. Twice now the UPS man put the package right outside my garage, no door knock. I hear the sound of the truck starting otherwise I wouldn't have known it was there.

Funny thing was, last year I ordered a Minecraft toy from Amazon. Shipped through USPS. Yep the courier put it in the same spot outside my garage door. I back my car out and heard and felt a crunch. WTF was that :confused: That poor Minecraft figure was in a thousand pieces. I learn quick. From then on I always check outside before I back out.

Back on topic. I had the same experience with a FedEx package a few years ago. Claimed business close but I was there all day. Naturlaly I called and complained. This repeated *3* times. I guess the driver wanted to pay me back for my complaint. He won. I went and picked it up :mad: This was in midtown NYC so it was a pain to go there to pick it up.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
I checked UPS and it said "attempted/missed delivery" so I called my sister in law because she was at my house all day today and said nobody knocked nor rang the doorbell. FFFFFUUUUUU UPS.

Its too late now BUT UPS Does this to me ALL the Time. I am a young healthy 27 yr old male and live in High rise

This is What UPS does, my unit is maybe 20 yards from the elevator, UPS knocks I am home they only knock Once in less than 30 seconds I am at my door

In those 30 seconds there is already a door Tag (which I think they have filled out in advance)

And the UPS guy is already at the elevator.

I usually yell "Hey UPS"

and they come back Sometimes its too late and they are Gone.

Reactions: Appl3FTW

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
A lot of the couriers do this. I imagine that in the morning the fill out the "missed you" forms ahead of time and then just post them quickly as long as they can't be seen.

Sekelani

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
This has happened to me before and boy was I upset. I had to wait for Monday for them to redeliver my iPhone 5 a few years back lol.

Slammers08

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
That would be awesome if they do. When I track it it's still saying "Scheduled Delivery:
Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."
Yeah time will tell but I have some friends that work there and they tell me they will re deliver all Apple devices on Saturday. Normally it's only Saturday day air packages but with it being a iPhone launch they upgrade the phones for a Saturday delivery. Time will tell

SoUnfortunate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
New York, NY
Yeah time will tell but I have some friends that work there and they tell me they will re deliver all Apple devices on Saturday. Normally it's only Saturday day air packages but with it being a iPhone launch they upgrade the phones for a Saturday delivery. Time will tell
I'm guessing that applies to the ones coming from apple. since mine is shipping with sprint I think I have to wait. Time will tell as you said.

Slammers08

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
I'm guessing that applies to the ones coming from apple. since mine is shipping with sprint I think I have to wait. Time will tell as you said.
Agreed pretty sure it's all ones from Apple. As for the carriers let's hope that's the case also.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
That would be awesome if they do. When I track it it's still saying "Scheduled Delivery:
Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."
I ordered mines at the Apple Store and mines have Saturday delivery tag on it. Weird I didn't see any Saturday tags on the other phones. Maybe with all the complaints I did that they granted me Saturday delivery. Haha

SoUnfortunate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
New York, NY
I ordered mines at the Apple Store and mines have Saturday delivery tag on it. Weird I didn't see any Saturday tags on the other phones. Maybe with all the complaints I did that they granted me Saturday delivery. Haha

Lol nice, I called sprint now one of the reps claims he can approve me picking it up but it would take 24 hours. But ups isn't open tomorrow so Monday it is!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
UPS does that all the time to me. i wait and they never rang or they show up on the wrong day even though I scheduled delivery for a certain day. another time they claimed they couldnt find my address

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm just curious, what is the benefit to the driver if they do this? Isn't it best for everyone if they get it delivered asap? How does it help them to deliver it the following day?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Would be glad to if I had a choice of carrier.
You do. Shop only from a place that gives you that smchoice or don't get stuff delivered. I'm not trying to by cynical, but there are levels to which you're willing to deal with a company's ****. Obviously you're willing to deal with them since it's still more convenient than a line, right?

Slammers08

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
Ups will reattempt all Apple devices on Saturday at least at my local hub. So hopefully you get yours today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.