Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odishaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Victoria BC
well just think, if its not updated by friday morning.. rush out to a retailer, wait in line for a few hours. go home and cancel the order online..?

i agree its a bit stupid to have to do.. but **** happens i guess.

JackIsBack

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
So Apple is shipping to the USA first and won't (according to their support line and another thread on here) start shipping the Canadian orders until Friday... I just think they should ship to all their pre-sale customers in the order they received them regardless of country of delivery... it's only fair.

Or better yet... ship them altogether and then divide them up once they across the border.

I guess we have to wait until next week... or wait in line Friday (and cancel our orders).

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Relax, they've been moving all around the world all day. Chances are they are being shippedbfrom within Canada, they don't want them going out early. I wouldn't count a Friday delivery out until they don't move tomorrow.

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
I deal with Fedex a lot from Asia.

If the status doesn't change by tonight around 11pm PT, then we won't get at launch date. The cut off time is 2pm Asia time for Friday delivery.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
So Apple is shipping to the USA first and won't (according to their support line and another thread on here) start shipping the Canadian orders until Friday... I just think they should ship to all their pre-sale customers in the order they received them regardless of country of delivery... it's only fair.

Or better yet... ship them altogether and then divide them up once they across the border.

I guess we have to wait until next week... or wait in line Friday (and cancel our orders).

Also to note, carriers in canada have had them since late last week in their distribution centers.. They've been preparing them for shipments to all of the stores for friday obviously.

It's not that they don't have stock at some places in the country.. Maybe just not an urgency for them. Heck, this was the first time we were even able to preorder.

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Really if they don't ship to be delivered on launch day I really wouldn't call it the ability to Pre-order. Because if they ship after they are on sale locally we could have always done that.

JonoX

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
FINALLY, preparing for shipment in CANADA! Everyone should see some updates now.

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
yeah how come everybody else like us, uk and i guess aus is getting their phones to the preparing for shipment stage or even further to shipped and ours is still left at processing?? will they even do 1 day shipping? or even from preparing to ship -> shipped -> your doorstep in just 2 days??

----------

my bad... just changed my status to preparing to ship!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! but how long will it take them to prepare to ship???

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
another question. what kind of shipment do they use? 2 days? overnight? 5-7 days? nooooooooooooo

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
finally!!

Here you go..Finally status changed to preparing for shipment..
Canadian stuff is moving finally!!

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
Hope the other international orders start getting tracking numbers then we can at least figure out where they are coming from.

I suspect the Pre-order were all packaged and bulk shipped to the respective countries the UPS or FEDEX will distribute them.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Same here! My black 64 is prep for shipping…. but white 64 is still processing.

Mine is white 16G. I don't think its anything to do with black or white. the Status changes as they process the orders

----------

Hope the other international orders start getting tracking numbers then we can at least figure out where they are coming from.

I suspect the Pre-order were all packaged and bulk shipped to the respective countries the UPS or FEDEX will distribute them.

When I talked to an apple rep, she said mine is coming from overseas factory V100 or C100 and she couldn't find were is it exactly. According to her its some new facility in China - she couldn't exactly find the location. But she is certain that it comes from overseas (not US or Canada)

Last edited:

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
I would take what they told you on the phone withna grain of salt. There have been numerous stories on this and the international thread that the information was clearly wrong. They may come from over seas or maybe she meant it originally came from overseas. Id be surprised if they ship them individually from china 4 million phones were Pre-order let's say $30 to ship each individually that's a 120 million bucks that could easily be saved by drop shipping them in bulk in the target countries.

If they don't I think I'll apply for a logistics position at Apple.

Johnyhex

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Hi guys, I am from montreal, canada and my shipment just changed for "preparing shipment" an hour ago. So I think that you will ALL get it by friday so don't worry. Your status should change by tonight or later on the evening. Patience is the key.

*Edit I ordered one or two hours after they open the pre-order for the iPhone on the 7th.

baltoyyz

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Mine has changed aswell to prep for shipment. Ordered 32gb black at 5:20am

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

kunaalarria

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
I would take what they told you on the phone withna grain of salt. There have been numerous stories on this and the international thread that the information was clearly wrong. They may come from over seas or maybe she meant it originally came from overseas. Id be surprised if they ship them individually from china 4 million phones were Pre-order let's say $30 to ship each individually that's a 120 million bucks that could easily be saved by drop shipping them in bulk in the target countries.

If they don't I think I'll apply for a logistics position at Apple.

I think they do the packaging and shipping over there for some of them. Probably the U.S. so they can be locked and packaged with SIM cards individually with cheaper labour. They probably get a discount for shipping a plane full anyways. For unlocked phones it's probably easier to bring them here prepackaged and just put the shipping labels on.

momin

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
woot (sorta!)

my 32 black is preparing for shipment! my 64 white is still processing :( lol! 1/2 way there!!! (Ontario, Canada!)

robertpolson

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
The big question now is - where are they being shipped from?

If they are shipped from China, I do not think that they can be delivered by Friday. If they are shipped from within the country where the order was placed, then they can be here on Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.