• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Yesterday's release of OS X Snow Leopard Build 10A411 to developers has sent those with access to the new version searching for changes since the last update. Given that the previous seed had occurred only five days earlier, the changes found so far in the latest build are unsurprisingly minor for the most part. Here are a few of the changes observed so far:

QuickTime X Interface: QuickTime X has been updated from version 10.0 (42) to 10.0 (47) and adds a new "glossy black" look to the navigation interface.

103151-10a411_qt_interface.png

Dock Contextual Menu Font: The font used for Dock contextual menus appears to have reverted to the "Leopard-style" larger non-bold text.

103151-10a411_dock_font.png

10A411 on left, 10A402 on right
Trashing Files from Stacks: Trashing files from Stacks in Grid view now properly deletes the selected files.

Dock Exposé Across Spaces: Dock Exposé reportedly now displays windows from all Spaces upon activation.

New Safari Build: Safari has been updated to version 4.0.3 (6531.4). There is no word on any visible changes since the previous build.

Article Link: OS X Snow Leopard 10A411 Brings a Few Minor Changes

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Am I seeing the split image right?

I think... they have a screenshot of the new version and then went back to the old version, set the screenshot as their desktop image, and then they took a screenshot of those two together?

10.5 seems slow after playing around with 10.6 :(

Seeing as I'm running 10.5 right now, I like the sound of that :)

Comment

magicbbird

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2004
Using Safari 4.0.3 on SL latest, watching ESPN video clips, and it crashes on me...

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
The dock menu have this little transparent boarder, which I don't remember being there before.

Edit: looking at the op, I guess they where always there.

Attachments

• dockpic.jpg
    dockpic.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 141
Comment

trapper.John

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Sharing???

If anyone is using this... or the previous build do you know what happened to the sharing Preference pane??

For me it has totally disappeared and now i can no longer share my ethernet connection.. which is a drag...

Comment

badcrumble

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Great that they fixed the Expose issue. Also, am I naive to hope that they propagate the darker colors across the entire OS? I'm totally happy with the translucent Leopard menu bar but fixed scrollbars and menus across the OS would be oh so nice.

Comment

ray_uk

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2005
Does anyone here think that the new transparent dock menu's might find there way in to the whole of the OS?

Comment

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
If anyone is using this... or the previous build do you know what happened to the sharing Preference pane??

For me it has totally disappeared and now i can no longer share my ethernet connection.. which is a drag...

Mines is still present.

Attachments

• attachment.png
    attachment.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 97
Comment

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
I love the new QTX controller. Much more streamlined than before. I hope they bring it also into iTunes for consistency.

Comment

badcrumble

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Does anyone here think that the new transparent dock menu's might find there way in to the whole of the OS?

I hope so - it'd be the biggest inconsistency so far in Apple interfaces (and that's saying a good deal) if they were to have the menus look different in the dock than they do literally everywhere else.

Comment

cloudmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2009
iMac with SL

I'm in the market for a new iMac so now will wait till Sept./Oct when everything will ship with it. Also hoping there will be some other iMac upgrades in addition to the rumored price decrease. Am thinking of the 24" 2.93 GHz for general use and buying a little more than I need to stay current for 3 yrs. or so.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.