Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Koodauw said:
You beat a .500 team. Congrats. This series is laughable.
Yes, isn't it nice? It'll be even nicer when they deliver similar beatings to whomever it is they end up playing next.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
eva01 said:
heheh ^_^ Red Sox are literally like my life, i live and die by them.

Don't worry I still like Kornerko
I'll be sure to send flowers after this weekend. ;)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This may be a rough weekend to play baseball in New York or Boston as the weather has turned and its not looking any better before Sunday. :(

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The nightmare finally ends and I can go to bed happy again. Its the curse of El Duque.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
God. The Red Sox suck again.

Theo needs to get to work this offseason. Let's start by getting rid of Millar ...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Theo's biggest mistake was losing Pedro and hoping that Schilling would be healthy.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
thedude110 said:

Theo needs to get to work this offseason. Let's start by getting rid of Millar ...

they hardly suck... the white sox have a legit chance to win it all this year...

why do boston fans get so bent out of shape about everything...?

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
thedude110 said:

I hate to say it, but it might be time to .... expand on our options. The pitching is what lost it for us in the end however. As much as I hate it, I knew it was over when closer by commitee began again.

Schilling: He needs to figure out if he can come back 100%. If he can't, it's time to find a solid young prospect.

Arroyo: Full time #4 or 5 man in the rotation. He just isn't as good out of the pen, and he's proved himself as a good starter.

Damon: Sign the mofo, give him whatever he wants. NOW!

Renteria: As much as I despise his playing this year, he's the kind of guy that brings necessary experience to the team.

Graffenano: Solid stay, I don't care about his error. Although it might have meant the game on wednesday, he isn't the scapegoat for the team.

Wells/Wakefield: Give a full preseason workout for these guys so they're not starting at the all star break.

Basically, we need to lose the multiple players overlapping at one position and move to separate players for specific jobs.

BEN

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Koodauw said:
You beat a .500 team. Congrats. This series is laughable.
Bud should have given the Cards a pass to the NLCS anyway, as the Padres didn't have a chance, unlike the Red Sox, who had plenty of chances, but blew them. Oh well, there's always next year*. In the meantime, Go Angels! :D and Go 'stros!

* There's that phrase again! :rolleyes:

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
yg17 said:
Top of the 18th innning in the Astros/Braves game and no sign of either team running out of steam......

Nice finish... I knew it when he hit it. The cards will cream them tho.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
The only reason the Red Sox were the first team out is because the Cards/Padres series had a day between games 1 and 2 :rolleyes:

As for the 'stros, Holy Crap! Can't say I'm disappointed :D

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
MacFan782040 said:
Nice finish... I knew it when he hit it. The cards will cream them tho.
You've got to hand it to the whole Astros bench and give kudos to Clemens for a gutsy relief, his second only time, for stepping up and wanting it and throwing hard like he did after just two days off. I like the sight of 30-40 year olds jumping up and down at the plate like 8 year olds. That's part of the beauty of the game.

Though I'm pulling for St. Louis, I still fear the killer "B's" and Houston. With Boston and Atlanta gone, it's two fourths of the way to a great World Series so long as the Yankees aren't in it, and St. Louis takes it all.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
gwuMACaddict said:
was hoping that the angels would knock the yankees out tonight, it was a good game all the way around though...
Ya, it was a good day for baseball. Two great games. Regardless of the outcome you gotta love it. That's why they play the game.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
As much as I hate it when the Red Sox lose, god it's GREAT when the Yankees lose.

Alas, poor Yankees fans. Bet you wish you'd just let the Sox sign A-Rod, huh? The Least Valuable 45 HRs a year in the history of baseball, and he's only yours for the next six years.

Ha! :p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
thedude110 said:
As much as I hate it when the Red Sox lose, god it's GREAT when the Yankees lose.

Alas, poor Yankees fans. Bet you wish you'd just let the Sox sign A-Rod, huh? The Least Valuable 45 HRs a year in the history of baseball, and he's only yours for the next six years.

Ha! :p
I blame Torre, he should of not left Mussina in that long, I bet its his last season as Yankees skipper. I bet we see Pinnela in pinstripes again by April.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Without Arod the Yankees may not have made the post season, but that doesn't justify the 0 RBIs and 2-for whatever performance he put up. I don't think its too much to expect more out of $120 million dollar player or whatever the Yankees are paying him.

At least Boston won't be repeating.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Chicago White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
St. Louis Cardnials vs. Houston Astros

This is starting to look really good - the usual teams (Boston, New York, Atlanta) are all out.

I hope the world series is Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox. That would be a good game.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Did Steinbrenner stay for the whole game this time, or leave early again with the Corporate Fat Cats? I'll never root for the Yankees until the modern-day ruination of baseball is gone. Go Cards and I hope it's a St. Louis vs. Chicago Series.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Its a sleeper from now on in, who cares anymore. All the big teams that people want to see are out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.