Palm pre commercial SUCKS! who agrees?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by conman16, Jul 21, 2009.

1. conman16 macrumors member

So ya I was watching tv and i saw the palm pre commercial about the juggler. I have to say, that is like the single worst commercial I have ever seen. The chick is frickin ugly, she talks hella slow and quiet which makes it boring, the juggler story is just retarded... Everything about it is terrible. I usually don't do stuff like this but I cannot understand how you could make a commercial that terrible. Who agrees/other opinions??

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I'll second a Youtuber's comment.

The others are decently enjoyable.

4. wowipod macrumors regular

It's an ad. Not the worst I have seen, not the best. I personally don't see any problem with the ad. The woman has a few issues but if you are more concerned about the woman than the actual product, that could be an issue.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

They should have done it with a Mission Impossible theme. That's what makes a great commercial.

6. allymac macrumors member

I've seen worse. Like the current ad on UK telly for a bathroom spray with the little kid that keeps saying "I want to do a pooh at Paul's" Who the hell thinks that's a good advert - oh yeah my kid doesn't want to go to the bathroom in my house cause we don't have that room spray. Effing rubbish.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was very amused by this commercial here. I think it's cute.

Hansel and Getel

8. conman16 thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention this in my OP... but ya one of the main problems is that it is friggin creepy!! Lol don't know how I forgot that. I mean, "she was very good.". Wth man just makes noooooo sense

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That's the one I find creepy, but I can't put my finger on why.

11. wowipod macrumors regular

Now that is a commercial I like. Just works for me. Too bad its not for the pre.

Its the weird music. Sounds like happy tree friends.

12. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I've not seen the commercial but from the reaction t's created, I'd have thought it had achieved it's objective! :)

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no such thing as bad press and if people are talking about the commercial then the ad company did their job. People are remembering and talking about it.

14. GarySky macrumors newbie

Palm and objective are 2 different things. Palm does not have an objective and objecive does not include Palm. :D

15. podsonic macrumors member

I like it, it's better than the somwhat uninspired "there's an app for that" stuff

16. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I don't have a problem with the commercial...

And as someone above me has pointed out, you're talking about the commercial, so its doing its job.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

It's definitely classier than the Apple ads. Clearly meant to appeal to a different kind of customer.

Btw, did you see the first Pre ads with all the monks, and how they were made? The monks were real (in training), and performed on the world's largest green screen background.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

A) why does the OP need validation. If you think the ad sucks, you can just say that you saw the ad and in your opinion, you don't like it. If someone agrees, or doesn't - they will post their opinions.

B) Who cares? Enjoy your iPhone and stop comparing the phone, ad campaigns, etc. Different phones for different people. There are plenty of people who think the iPhone isn't a great phone. Again - it all comes down to personal preference. You (the OP) is clearly going to have bias if you're pro-Apple. You don't need to knock someone or something down to make yourself feel better about what you have or can do.

19. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

As an ad man, I can tell you that the Palm Pre campaign and branding is one of the biggest muddled jokes in the industry right now.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Care to elaborate? I found the ad to be pretty decent and it caught my eye.

21. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The only reason we're talking about the commercial is because the OP posted it. I had to go find it in google, since he didn't provide a link, but I doubt the commercial will be very effective. Also, it hasn't been shown in my area of the country, or at least I haven't seen it.

What I'm wondering about is the other Pre commercial, where they say "now on the 4G network" or something like that. What 4G network?

22. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

eh. i hate it too. it kinda leaves me stressed like after its done. idk why. and its just so odd.:eek:

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Issues.

Really it's just a commercial.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, I'd like to know why they're a muddled joke especially when its causing people to discuss them.

25. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I think its fine. Its just a commercial. It seems as though people are getting a little too worked up over this.

It apparently worked, seeing as you're talking about it.