Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
CrypticalEnvelopment.jpg

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Mountain lake in the French Pyrénées

(you can see a full size image by clicking the thumbnail, then clicking the image)

Fuji X100s, 1/500 at F/7.1, ISO 320, 4 images shot vertically, handheld.
Edited in Aperture, stitched in PanoEdit.
Resized 50% in Gimp.

Last edited:

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Thanks Puckman, Apple fanboy, and fcortese for the kind comments. Much appreciated.

We've missed you! Stunning as always.

Awwww, thanks! Sorry for going AWOL for so long. For the first summer in years, I did so much traveling and shooting that I had very little time for processing and sharing. And of course, the longer that the raw files sit on my hard drive, the more critical I become of them (probably a good thing!).

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Great capture, well done

Did you ask the guy in the plane to do that? Great shot.
Nicely timed and placed Peter!

Thanks fitshaced (you know it's hard to type your user name without smiling), Apple fanboy and John

---------------

Outstanding and so well seen Phrasikleia! I love the leading lines created by the tulips.

--------------

Last one from the air show:

PHD_0191-L.jpg

...Peter

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Outstanding and so well seen Phrasikleia! I love the leading lines created by the tulips.

Heh, that's funny. You're the second person to guess that those are large flowers. You guessed tulips and someone else guessed roses. They're actually globeflowers, much smaller than the average tulip. Here's a crummy photo of me plunking down to get set up for the shot; I think it gives a decent sense of scale (click for larger):

MeShootingGlobeflowers.jpg

I had to get really close to the flowers in order to make them look large in the frame and ended up shooting a series of four horizontals and stitching them together to get the vertical composition (otherwise, it would have been all flowers and no background at that distance).

Anyway...thanks for your kind words! :)

Last one from the air show:

PHD_0191-L.jpg

...Peter

Nice catch! Very dramatic with that colored contrail and very well composed.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Very cool Schtumple. I love the scale or proportion of you within this and the pose you have taken is perfect for musing about your place within the Universe. :cool:

This is ridiculously cool. Definitely deserves some recognition!

Schtumple, you are really carving out a unique style in your photography. It's getting close to being able to say, "Hey, that must be a schtumple!" whenever I see one of your pictures. This one is a real keeper.

A very striking image, Schtumple. A great balance of hues and stasis/dynamism.

Thanks guys! I'm super proud of that shot, everyone here shoots such amazing photography, so thank you for giving mine a comment!

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Heh, that's funny. You're the second person to guess that those are large flowers. You guessed tulips and someone else guessed roses. They're actually globeflowers, much smaller than the average tulip. Here's a crummy photo of me plunking down to get set up for the shot; I think it gives a decent sense of scale (click for larger):

I had to get really close to the flowers in order to make them look large in the frame and ended up shooting a series of four horizontals and stitching them together to get the vertical composition (otherwise, it would have been all flowers and no background at that distance).

Anyway...thanks for your kind words! :)

Nice catch! Very dramatic with that colored contrail and very well composed.

Very interesting and surprising that the globeflowers are actually quite small. Again, beautifully done Phrasikleia and thanks for your feedback on my shot.

...Peter

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Wandering around the front yard this morning with extension tubes and my macro lens at play. I had to push the ISO to 6400 so as to get a shutter time of 1/500th to allow me to go handheld, I'm really surprised by how clean it is considering this.

Click through to see it larger, there's a surprise that I'm pretty sure won't show very well at this small size here.

----------

Wow! So totally not the picture I conjured up. Thanks for the behind the scenes sneak peek Phrasikleia.

Puckman

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Yorba Linda, CA
What on earth is that? A baby alien?

Wandering around the front yard this morning with extension tubes and my macro lens at play. I had to push the ISO to 6400 so as to get a shutter time of 1/500th to allow me to go handheld, I'm really surprised by how clean it is considering this.

Click through to see it larger, there's a surprise that I'm pretty sure won't show very well at this small size here.

[url=http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/iJohn_8_80/Details/_MG_3196LG_zps7e5e3e0b.jpg]Image[/URL]

----------

Wow! So totally not the picture I conjured up. Thanks for the behind the scenes sneak peek Phrasikleia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.