Photos re-importing previously imported iPhone photos every time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldSchoolMacGuy, May 25, 2016.

1. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

Every time I go to import photos from my iPhone, Photos shows several hundred photos that have been previously imported as new. I've imported these photos before but Photos (and previously iPhoto) still thinks they're new every time.

I've tried importing them again but the next time I go to import photos, they're there again as new photos, rather than showing in the Already Imported section. I could import them over and over and over again and they'd still show when clicking the 'Import All New Items' button.

Any suggestions to get these ones seen as previously imported items, short of deleting them altogether?

2. owbp macrumors 6502a

owbp

Only thing that comes to my mind is checking "Delete items after import". Then you'll have to sync photos with iTunes to get them back on your iPhone, but they will be in "imported from Mac" folder rather than in Camera folder.
    I think that Photos app imports only from Camera folder.

Do you have duplicates on your phone?

3. OldSchoolMacGuy thread starter macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

4. highlystrange macrumors member

highlystrange

This is driving me crazy as well. If anyone has any ideas at all, I'd love to hear them.

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

This is why I dumped my first gen iPad in 2012, and went with a Google Nexus 7 running android.
    If Apple were going to fix the problem, you'd think they'd have done so by now.