Possibilities of a Triple-Lens iPhone Camera: Improved 3D Sensing, Zoom, and Low-Light Photos

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Joined:
    Aug 4, 2016
    And probably most people will take photos with flash withcameras or phones. So I don't see dark or night mode as an issue.
    I regularly use night mode on Huawei P20 Pro to improve low light images and also problematic daylight images.

2. Devinaire macrumors newbie

It’s over Apple going home buttonless this year to simplify the product category.

3. Joined:
    Aug 4, 2016
    I am sure that for Bluetooth there is only one Pro to list. But there are a few (and indeed one very serious) Cons.

4. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Who see's night mode as an issue? Gotta be honest, I'm not really sure what point you're making.

5. Joined:
    Aug 4, 2016
    Sorry. I misread. It was the poster you were replying to that was being negative.

6. tridley68 macrumors 6502a

tridley68

Just plain ugly come on Apple is this junk what your paying your innovated team to come up with .

7. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

A flash is used to alter the picture and the photographer can make the picture according to his/her vision. But you can say when the flash fires the camera captures a true-to-life scene. Night sight is what the software sees.

8. Smartwatchlover, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

Smartwatchlover macrumors member

Smartwatchlover

More than you may expect: recent iPhones already killed the compact camera market as the gap between the two is getting smaller every year.
    Many picture enthusiasts, myself included, already replaced their compact camera with the iPhone and are not regretting it.
    I did some amazing shots with my 7 Plus and I look forward to see Apple introducing features such as 3x optical zoom, wider sensor and improved low lights capabilities to further bridge the gap with compact cameras.

Just hope that the next premium iPhone with 3 lenses will look better than the one rendered a few days ago...

9. JohnApples macrumors 65816

That’s the render we’re going with? That has to be the worst interpretation of a 3-camera system on a phone.

10. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Bye then.

11. Jssmith83 macrumors newbie

Jssmith83

I was mainly referring to the night sight with the one lens comment

12. Substance90 macrumors 6502

Man, looking at this mockup I can't help but think other companies have been better at "Apple design" than Apple themselves lately. Don't get me started on the pricing.

13. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

That’s not an apple design. It’s an alleged Apple design.

14. upnorth85 macrumors 6502a

upnorth85

I personally think the hardware race is close to over. Machine learning technology is much better and the future. The Pixel phones photos in low light are amazing. No amount of additional lenses in an iPhone can compete with machine learning technology.

15. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

I know the pixel 3 night mode is good but this picture seems silly.

[​IMG]

16. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68020

bladerunner2000

Why are you sitting on phones?

17. ZipZap macrumors 603

That is one ugly phone. UGLY. They have to loose the camera bump once and for all.

18. StellarVixen macrumors 65816

StellarVixen

It makes me somewhat uncomfortable when I look at it, but it is not making me terrified.

That is what the phobia means, right? Not just slight discomfort?

19. Joined:
    Aug 4, 2016
    If you had issues with headphone plugs getting damaged, what was stopping you using Bluetooth headphones?

20. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Except one lens doesn’t do 3D depth sensing whic is what apple is aiming for.

21. robertcoogan macrumors 6502

robertcoogan

Personally I'm holding out for the compound eye edition. 600+ cameras on an iPhone the size of a quarter.

22. Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

Maybe because they copy Apple’s design in advance, their HuaJoni drives 16 Bentley’s instead of 8 and they don’t charge their mice upside down. And don’t let themselves be distracted by their sexuality or equal rights for non-billionaires.

23. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

That’s what it must be, distracted by emojis.

24. Bacillus, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

Bokeh seems to overblur some Apple backgrounds, leading to binary simplism

25. manu chao macrumors 603

They stopped working*. But to the question of headphone plugs, I actually really would contend that the increasing size of phones has made wired headphones unsustainable for a lot of front pocket users.

*My BeatsX last only about 3 to 4 month before they throw errors (won't turn on or won't connect or the remote controls changing the volume all by themselves), which becomes less funny after the warranty period is over. Many people suggest that sweat is what might be killing them. My Jaybird's lasted about a year until the remote control stopped registering clicks (which made it impossible to pair them). The ones before that failed after a similar period.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 12, 2019 ---
    Do I need to draw you a picture?

Just put anything long enough, maybe half a foot/15 cm long (eg, a table knife), into your front pants pocket and sit down on a chair to understand the bending problem.