Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I told him that I had placed the order for a black leather case for the 6 plus when I placed the order for the phone. I then told him that I was just checking my email notifications and I realized that the case was not on my order. He placed me on hold and when he came back on the phone he asked where I'd like the case shipped to that since I had trouble placing the order for the case he was gonna ship one to me on the house. So it will be delivered to me I between September 30th and October 2nd.

Worked great. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 6.47.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 6.47.28 PM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 199

mguti

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
TX
Worked great. Thanks :)

Awesome! I had to correct the guy i spoke to. When he first put the order through he had me down for iPhone 6 leather case. So he cancelled and corrected the order to the leather case for the 6 plus

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
I didnt get a free case nor apple tv. What i got was $100 off my phone. I didnt ask for any discounts, he just merely gave it to me. It reflected right away on my order. Thats free applecare for me...yay!!!! The call was made 2 days ago.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I didnt get a free case nor apple tv. What i got was $100 off my phone. I didnt ask for any discounts, he just merely gave it to me. It reflected right away on my order. Thats free applecare for me...yay!!!!

omg i want a free $100 off

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
I got one but it's not showing up in my orders? She did say you May get an email or may just show up at your house 0.0

Hope it went through as she sent even tho I can't see it >.>

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
Wow. You guys are legit. Welp. Just waited on the phone for an hour & a half while watching this blow out on TNF. Told the rep I wasn't able to add AppleCare to my order, & would have to go into the store now, & that it was going to be crazy. Said a rep offered my a free case for my wife & I before I got disconnected. She then asked me for a contact number to avoid that happening again. She asked if I was aware of the ins and outs of AppleCare and I said yes. She thanked me for being an apple customer & being patient. Said they've been crazy busy, & having issues on both sides of their servers. She then asked me which case I would want for each order. Said I wouldn't get an email confirmation, but it would show up in my account. I said thanks, & she said enjoy your new phones & cases on the house.

fd6448c2e4967daecba627e868fde847.jpg

Black for me.

44c9e5aeb2d888d0aa4f8cd4910fa1cf.jpg

Soft pink for my wife.

Thanks to the OP of this thread.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tried two different reps through chat, neither worked. I was a little more direct with the second person and they said there's no such promotion for a free case. I can't come up with anything 'good' to complain about...I guess it wasn't meant to be for me!

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Tried two different reps through chat, neither worked. I was a little more direct with the second person and they said there's no such promotion for a free case. I can't come up with anything 'good' to complain about...I guess it wasn't meant to be for me!

how do you talk? were u demanding? you have to be honest and sincere.. if you come off as privileged, you won't get it.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
how do you talk? were u demanding? you have to be honest and sincere.. if you come off as privileged, you won't get it.

I feel bad even trying to get a free case out of them haha, so I think I was sincere. Voiced some concerns about the pending/disappearing charge on my card, activating the phone using a different line's upgrade, etc. When I mentioned "not getting a chance to look at cases because I was rushing through the pre-order), the first rep asked me what color I liked and I thought I was in....until she told be I could order one online tomorrow with free shipping heh.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I feel bad even trying to get a free case out of them haha, so I think I was sincere. Voiced some concerns about the pending/disappearing charge on my card, activating the phone using a different line's upgrade, etc. When I mentioned "not getting a chance to look at cases because I was rushing through the pre-order), the first rep asked me what color I liked and I thought I was in....until she told be I could order one online tomorrow with free shipping heh.

LOL.. ok call back again. this time use keywords like.. VERY FRUSTRATING, INCONVENIENCE, ABSOLUTE MESS, HORRIBLE... stuff like that LULZ. Make sure you emphasize when u speak. btw: i just figured out your problem... call them directly.. not thru chat. if you speak to them on the phone directly person to person you will get a reaction.

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Sweet. This will get picked up by the blogs, then 50 million beardo millennials and cupcake chomping Ashleys will be clogging up Apple phone support for their I'm-Special-Too giftie.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Sweet. This will get picked up by the blogs, then 50 million beardo millennials and cupcake chomping Ashleys will be clogging up Apple phone support for their I'm-Special-Too giftie.

LULS... go get urs bruh

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL

What color did you say?

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Someone please show proof of apple Tv thanks

i know right.. i wanna know this as well.

although $49 free case is good enough for me.. that's almost an apple tv.

now someone said they were offered dre headphones, what kind of headphones? beats???

----------

What color did you say?

looks like he didn't need to say, she told him he could order it. LOLOL

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Wish I could get a free case. But I legit have no reason to call Apple... Especially since I placed my order through Verizon :/

Another tip is if you spend $49 on accessories at Verizon, they will waive your $35 activation fee. Nice to know if you plan to buy something from them anyway.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
Just got off the phone regarding not being offered to add apple care+ at checkout and he tried to add it now but couldn't due to some Florida law about buying insurance. He said I had to go to the apple store to buy apple care+. He congratulated me on getting the 6+ tomorrow and how he wanted one but couldn't get one till October so he settled for a 6. He never offered a case.

Yeah it's a weird law but meant to prevent fraud. For example buying an extended warranty for a Ford in Florida is back by Ford Motor Co and you have to buy it in Florida. Anywhere else and it's underwritten by a 3rd party insurance company.

saphir

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
LOL.. ok call back again. this time use keywords like.. VERY FRUSTRATING, INCONVENIENCE, ABSOLUTE MESS, HORRIBLE... stuff like that LULZ. Make sure you emphasize when u speak. btw: i just figured out your problem... call them directly.. not thru chat. if you speak to them on the phone directly person to person you will get a reaction.

lulz hey, one more free case someone else can scam out of Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.