PowerBook Pismo

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by TSE, May 2, 2019.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

TSE

Just pulled my old PowerBook Pismo again and am experiencing nostalgia again. It really was a beautiful device. Interesting industrial design of taking Apple’s 90’s organic and curvy form exploration with business matte black.

And wow is this keyboard actually pretty good! Lots of travel and very, very strong pleasant sensation behind every keystroke.

One of my favorite apple devices of all time. I have a good model - 500mhz G3, 1GB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport installed. Amazing!

Any other Pismo fans or owners? What are your guys thoughts on this classic?
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2019 ---

Attached Files:

2. Slix macrumors 65816

Slix

I used a Pismo around 2005-2007 when I was in middle school that I got from my dad, as my first "modern" computer. It was running 10.3 for a lot of the time I used it but eventually convinced my dad to let me upgrade to 10.4. It really was a pleasure to type on, and mine had AirPort and a DVD drive so I used it to sit on the couch and browse the web, play games, watch LOST, and manage my iTunes library.

I wish I still had it.

3. pmac0973 macrumors newbie

pmac0973

I agree as it is the best of my Powerbooks

Pismo 400mhz, 1gig RAM, 100Gig HD

Attached Files:

4. Raging Dufus macrumors regular

Raging Dufus

They're beautiful machines! I used to tinker & trade quite a bit, and three Pismos have crossed my hands. Used one as a daily driver for most of 2007-08, but by that time the G3 was really showing its age. I might still have one if I ever could have seen my way to buying a G4 upgrade, but those have always been a bit too pricey for me. Too easy and cost-effective to trade up to the TiBooks & eventually AlBooks.

I did enjoy typing on that keyboard. I just wish Apple had offered it in something other than brown...ahem, “bronze.”

5. LightBulbFun macrumors 68000

LightBulbFun

yeah theres a few Pismo owners here

unhappy with how rare and expensive Pismo G4 upgrades are, I made my own :D https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/making-a-g4-pismo-upgrade-at-home.2019269/

6. Raging Dufus macrumors regular

Raging Dufus

7. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

The bronze keyboard was the Lombard, not the Pismo.

8. Raging Dufus macrumors regular

Raging Dufus

Lombard did have a bronze keyboard, and Pismo did too. They had the exact same keyboard. I never owned a Lombard, but I owned three Pismos and every one had a keyboard like this.

9. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

I stand corrected. I had a Wallstreet II. How I loved that machine and its swappable bays! And its keyboard, although I like the iPad Smart Keyboard almost as much.
    1006px-WallstreetII.jpg

10. AphoticD macrumors 68000

AphoticD