Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
ordered my air jacket clear matte for my 6 plus on 10/4 and just got a shipping notice today (10/8)

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Like this clear case but what's with that right edge being cut off?

As I mention early, the bottom right edge was probably remove to allow the case to flex enough so it can be put on. As it is, it's already a very tight fit.

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
Can anyone with the Matte Clear tell me how the texture, grip is?
Hoping not slippery.:(

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
Like this clear case but what's with that right edge being cut off?

I think to provide a slight lip when removing the phone. it definitely helps- a casetify case on an iPhone 6+ was excessively difficult to remove thanks to the way the rounded edges hug the case.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
Can anyone with the Matte Clear tell me how the texture, grip is?
Hoping not slippery.:(

It's not really textured, but I don't find it slippery either. Hard to explain.

Loving the clear matte and anti-glare combo for my space-grey btw for anyone sitting on the fence. So much more refined compared to the spigen set up I was running before.

imacadoo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Westchester, NY
Agree with Kampongkid. That's the set up I have too and love it. I've already tried the apple leather case (didn't like the buttons being covered up and my case at least had a tacky almost sticky feel I didn't like) and the case mate barely there (my favorite until I got the air jacket).

I do feel though that there will almost inevitably be more drops with the 6 because of its thinness. It just feels like I'm closer to dropping it than I felt with the 5. Could offset the thinness by getting a thicker more protective case but to me, what's the point. Why hide a good looking device? I just need to be careful that's all.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
California
It's not really textured, but I don't find it slippery either. Hard to explain.

Loving the clear matte and anti-glare combo for my space-grey btw for anyone sitting on the fence. So much more refined compared to the spigen set up I was running before.

Can I see some pictures please ?

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Nice! How's the grip, I tried a couple clear cases from Bestbuy and Ebay and they're all slippery and oily.

Does the case get oily and or slippery?

its definitely slippery. I actually had the best buy insignia case prior to this. The insignia def had better grip. But the quality of this case is just way better

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Hmmm, I ordered a second Air Jacket and a crystal film on Monday and I haven't seen a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed support the other day but never received a response. I'm a bit disappointed by their customer service. Seems like they're shipping out cases sporadically.

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Hmmm, I ordered a second Air Jacket and a crystal film on Monday and I haven't seen a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed support the other day but never received a response. I'm a bit disappointed by their customer service. Seems like they're shipping out cases sporadically.

Could be sending out in batches, as they receive them from manufacturing. But still, not great that their customer service failed to respond.

I'm still waiting on mine - it took 6 days from getting my shipping notice (3rd Oct), to it leaving the U.S. Hope to receive early next week.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Could be sending out in batches, as they receive them from manufacturing. But still, not great that their customer service failed to respond.

I'm still waiting on mine - it took 6 days from getting my shipping notice (3rd Oct), to it leaving the U.S. Hope to receive early next week.

I think they simply ran out of stock of the Crystal Film. Their website shows the quantity on hand for each specific item, so they're probably just waiting on more from the manufacturer since it is showing as OOS online. Every other 6/6+ item seems to have adequate stock levels.

I'm sure they've been hammered with orders, as well as having to provide stock for Apple stores. But man, they really need to hire more customer service people....no way it should take a week for them to reply to an email. If their product wasn't top notch, I'd take my business elsewhere.

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
PowerSupport iPhone 6 & Plus cases

There's also a 10% off CODE-
IPHONEDO

Got my Air Jacket for almost $30 shipped.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I placed my order on Tuesday and still haven't received a shipping notice yet either.

UPDATE: Just received an email that it shipped this afternoon.

Last edited:

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
i have a brand new, in the box, unopened black/rubber Powersupport case for the 6 Plus, if anyone wants it i'll sell it for retail price, no shipping charge.

I decided I want to wait for the Switcheasy case that is in the works so this one is up for sale if anyone wants it. Will get pics tonight -- at work now.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
i have a brand new, in the box, unopened black/rubber Powersupport case for the 6 Plus, if anyone wants it i'll sell it for retail price, no shipping charge.

I decided I want to wait for the Switcheasy case that is in the works so this one is up for sale if anyone wants it. Will get pics tonight -- at work now.

Do the edges come up enough on the sides to protect the screen?

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ugh. My order shipped from Seattle to LA and is now coming to Calgary, Canada. I could have driven to Seattle and back in the quicker time it will get to me by shipping it further south. Power Support always has the worst shipping options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.