Quick, silly question about iOS 10 public beta here

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by AndresJC, Aug 8, 2016.

1. AndresJC macrumors newbie

AndresJC

If I update to the current public beta of iOS 10 right now, will I be able to update to the official release when it comes out without having to downgrade back to iOS 9?

2. dcp10 macrumors 6502

No need to downgrade. The final beta (GM). Is the same, in most cases, as the public release.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm not really certain that the final beta is usually the GM that is the pubic release. Perhaps I'm off in my recollection, but I think that basically sometimes that's the case, but other times it's not. But, yes, in either case, there shouldn't be a need to downgrade.

4. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

I recall a couple of times when the GM was not the same as the public release - I think it was iOS 4 and iOS 9.

5. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

You can always put the latest official release of iOS on your device, no matter what you run on it at the time. You can also unsubscribe from the beta programme at any time, so no particular inconveniences there.

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

One of two things will happen.

1: GM and the official release are the same builds. - Nothing needs to be done by the user

2: Official release is a newer build and will just show up in Software Updates to install. - The user simply just has to update as usual

Nothing to worry about no matter the outcome.