Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plsboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
Hey guys this is my first post so dont get mad at me for any mistake...:p
i'm new in this thing and i was reading whole web and there was no one to help me out...:(
i have two questions:
1.if i update my bios, can i still use it in a windows?
2.i'm installing a mac on a amd pc does this work for me?
if the answer to those are yes pls someone modify this bios for me...:D:D:D

pls pretty pls...

Attachments

• Force3d Freezer dht ati 4870 1GB GDDR5 RV770 011.013.000.001.030513.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 98

fouel

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
Hey guys this is my first post so dont get mad at me for any mistake...:p
i'm new in this thing and i was reading whole web and there was no one to help me out...:(
i have two questions:
1.if i update my bios, can i still use it in a windows?
if the answer to those are yes pls someone modify this bios for me...:D:D:D

pls pretty pls...
please show your card ,tell me what model it is.
1.If you flash the pc card with right mac bios,it can be used on windows.
you need to install driver for the card or your display won't show rigth resolution.I successed to do that.
2.your pc card can't be used without flashing mac bios on mac pro.
You must tell me what model your card is first.

plsboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
please show your card ,tell me what model it is.
1.If you flash the pc card with right mac bios,it can be used on windows.
you need to install driver for the card or your display won't show rigth resolution.I successed to do that.
2.your pc card can't be used without flashing mac bios on mac pro.
You must tell me what model your card is first.
first thx...
2nd i think the name of the file shows the information...-i typed it myself...
AN ATI 4870 Force3d is the brand and it has 1 gb memory& its full name is freezer dht... 750 mhz gpu and 900 mhz memory clock...
927705063.JPG

the only diffrence with this image that my card has two dvi. not 1 dvi and 1 crt...
when u said installing the driver, u meant the netkas drivers?
or maybe using that zeus tool to download drivers?

Last edited:

Cindori

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2008
Sweden
THX
Sorry for the doubt, but can u assure me that its working?

Yes, it works, on most 4870 and 4890 1GB cards. (about 75%)

If the application is unable to convert the firmware successfully, it will report so.

Have had zero complaints about the app producing faulty firmwares.

plsboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
Yes, it works, on most 4870 and 4890 1GB cards. (about 75%)

If the application is unable to convert the firmware successfully, it will report so.

Have had zero complaints about the app producing faulty firmwares.

thx again
i updated it... but still in system profile i see an ati 4870 with 256 mb memory...
i installed a 10.6.3 mac and used a combo update 10.6.5 on it, wich driver version should i chose? i installed both of them and it didnt make any diffrence!!!
should i reinstall 10.6.3?

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland

I think you're in wrong forum (as long as quoted part is true ;)). Try insanelymac or Aquamac's forum. Modifying cards and drivers for hackintoshing is slightly different than for real Macs.

plsboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
I think you're in wrong forum (as long as quoted part is true ;)). Try insanelymac or Aquamac's forum. Modifying cards and drivers for hackintoshing is slightly different than for real Macs.
thx but i was there too...
most of it are confusing...
there is no one that can tell u the right way...
by the way i reinstalled my hackintosh and it didnt work either...:(
let me ask something, during installation-i have the hotiso image- when we can costumize the installation, there is 2 option that i can choose to install:
sleep enabler & graphicsenabler
i dont know wich one should i choose?
when i try to install the drivers-QECI_1063.pkg- i always get the message that ati4800controller.kext & atiradeonx200.kext improperly installed even when i updated it with 10.6.5 combo update, and i should reistall them!!!!
just once i got to change the system profile addresses with EVOenabler.kext
LegacyATI4800Controller.kext that i place to extension folder and using kextutility to cach things up... even that just change system profile to a 4870 graphic card with 256 mb ram, that i dont think it realy installed it...
sorry maybe its not the place to say it but im realy need help...:confused::confused::confused:

Cindori

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2008
Sweden
thx but i was there too...
most of it are confusing...
there is no one that can tell u the right way...
by the way i reinstalled my hackintosh and it didnt work either...:(
let me ask something, during installation-i have the hotiso image- when we can costumize the installation, there is 2 option that i can choose to install:
sleep enabler & graphicsenabler
i dont know wich one should i choose?
when i try to install the drivers-QECI_1063.pkg- i always get the message that ati4800controller.kext & atiradeonx200.kext improperly installed even when i updated it with 10.6.5 combo update, and i should reistall them!!!!
just once i got to change the system profile addresses with EVOenabler.kext
LegacyATI4800Controller.kext that i place to extension folder and using kextutility to cach things up... even that just change system profile to a 4870 graphic card with 256 mb ram, that i dont think it realy installed it...
sorry maybe its not the place to say it but im realy need help...:confused::confused::confused:

This forum is not for you.
Flashing does not help on hackintosh.

You should go back to insanelymac or perhaps http://forum.netkas.org

fouel

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
Last edited:

swpowe

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
So I just stumbled across this thread and I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I just purchased this card from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150482) and I'm wondering if I can somehow get it to work with my first gen mac pro. Or, if that isn't at all possible, If someone can suggest a similarly priced card that I can flash to get working with my mac pro.

My mac pro has been great but the video card recently died and I'm having a hard time finding something that will work (and isn't crazy expensive). I don't need anything incredible. I'm not gaming or doing any kind of graphics work I'm using the machine for music. I'd like to be able to run two monitors if possible. Either both DVI (ideal) or one Dvi and one VGA.

Any ideas?

fouel

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
So I just stumbled across this thread and I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I just purchased this card from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150482) and I'm wondering if I can somehow get it to work with my first gen mac pro. Or, if that isn't at all possible, If someone can suggest a similarly priced card that I can flash to get working with my mac pro.

My mac pro has been great but the video card recently died and I'm having a hard time finding something that will work (and isn't crazy expensive). I don't need anything incredible. I'm not gaming or doing any kind of graphics work I'm using the machine for music. I'd like to be able to run two monitors if possible. Either both DVI (ideal) or one Dvi and one VGA.

Any ideas?

you can see this:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/668608/

Peo1000

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
hopefully this is the right thread for this but i have got a mac pro 3.1 from work as its faulty and as far as i can tell its either the logic board or the graphics card thats died.

I need a mac graphics card to eliminate this as the problem, i have 2 4870's in my windows machine but no access to a working macpro. So will i be able to flash one of my cards with a mac bios just using a pc?

my only other option is to use a hackintosh to flash it but would this work?

if not is there anywere i can get a really cheap card to test with?

gpzjock

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2009
You can use a PC to flash a Windows based card to Mac & PC drivers, I did this with my first flashed card, a 1 GB Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X card.
I took it to a friendly geek with a big enough PC as I didn't have a Windows build on my Mac Pro to use with ATIFlash utility and GPU-Z.

Follow the instructions on how to flash a card in Windows or DOS at this link:https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/877441/ but ignore the part about making a DOS build on your Mac.
Worked for me, good luck.

Here is one preflashed: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mac-ATI-4870-1-Gig-Radeon-HD4870-Mac-Pro-Video-Card-/330570309576?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4cf7869fc8

Last edited:

Peo1000

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
thanks for that i have managed to get the firmware from the cards but i cannot find any modded firmware for them could someone point me in the right direction or maybe EFI any of my bios's? the cards are a powercolor 512mb pcs+ & a 512mb sapphire both 4870's.

thanks for any help

gpzjock

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2009
Last edited:

The Vaas

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
So I've scanned this entire thread - couldn't find the ROM for my ATI HD XFX 512MB YDFC card - required for flashing?

Anyone has the ROM can you please help me out here? :(

The Vaas

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks Fouel for sending the me bios for the XFX ATI 467A-YDFC (should work, right?) :)

I should rename .BIN to .ROM and use Zeus to flash!?

*fingers crossed. Will update the results :)

xxx-xxxxx

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Hi v0n,

I'm having same sapphire 512mb as yours (P/N: 1 x P/N 188-01E85-001SA SKU 11133-00-20R), i'm trying to get your modified rom as your provided link, but seems the files gone, may you fix and upload again, thanks very much

I would like to second the request :).

tia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.