Report Claims iPhone X Sales Not as Strong as Expected in the U.S.

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 22, 2017.

1. MyMacintosh macrumors regular

MyMacintosh

well....yeah. Most people don't want to spend $1k+ on a cell phone. Most iPhones I see in the wild are 6-8 Plus. I've seen 5 actual iPhone Xs. Im sure after Christmas that will change a bit, but not drastically.

2. truthertech macrumors 65816

You are right, beyond the millions of people so far who have. LOL

3. JediZenMaster, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017

JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Here in the states it is the same price. Look I am not trying to argue if you don’t want to buy the damn phone then don’t.

I’m happy with my purchase and clearly so are others. Seems like this world has become such a miserable place when folks are trying to tear me down for enjoying my purchase.

Not everyone is cheap and I will not apologize for that. I’m sick of being attacked on this board for enjoying my device.

4. truthertech macrumors 65816

Ed, you are too rational and objective to be posting on MR.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2017 ---

Finally we get some science applied to how well the iPhone X is selling.

Jedi, remember, “haters gonna hate,” whether it’s politics, sports or tech. Just sit back and enjoy that beautiful phone with your favorite beverage while they writhe in misery (with Face ID you don’t have to worry anymore about your moist fingers )

5. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

None of this is surprising to me anymore when Apple essentially made the Galaxy S6 using a Samsung-made component (the OLED display) as the X's best feature. Even over a year ago, posters in this forum were referring the X as the iPhone S8.

Apple doesn't really deserve any more of our money after cheating us with throttlegate. Keep supporting crooks if you like. I will still stick to macOS because it doesn't have that throttlegate stuff even a decade after use.

macOS >> iOS

I'm a MacDroid fan.

[​IMG]

6. MyMacintosh macrumors regular

MyMacintosh

This is what I think it ultimately boils down too. I think the focus needs to be towards iOS. imo, there just isn't enough of a justification for most people to buying another new cell phone when iOS is stagnant. animojis is not gonna get the vast majority of people to upgrade their iPhone. Speaking from anecdotal evidence, most don't notice the incremental speed differences between the last one released, and a newer one released. Most don't notice "deeper blacks" on the OLED. Camera differences are negligible. What does get people to upgrade their iPhone? slow phones will, and now with this recent story, most people are gonna realize they don't even need to break out the wallet to buy a new phone, they can just replace the battery.

7. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I have realized there are some jealous hating people on this forum. Enjoy your quarterbacking while I enjoy my 64GB X.

It’s a blessing to be able to afford such nice things. Sorry you can’t though. I tried to be humble but if you can’t beat em then join em.

8. Gilligan's last elephant macrumors 6502

The dollar price I quoted is from US Amazon site sold by Samsung. That is the price in the US.

9. mdelvecchio macrumors 68040

mdelvecchio

Sorry you don’t earn enough money to spend $50/mo on a sweet piece of technology. Try canceling cable, coffee, or frequent drinking.

And if you’re just making calls, you’re using it wrong.

10. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

Apple already lost their integrity with throttlegate. Why would it matter when we already know the iPhone X will be slow as a 3Gs after two years of battery degradation?

The X could win all the benchmark scores and speed tests. It won't matter once the battery degrades to a point that the X will be throttled down to 2009 specs.

That fresh and fluid honeymoon phase eXperience will just fade away because a newer and faster iPhone will be released and your X will get slower over time.

11. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Humble is not stating your are in some "elite" group that can afford one....
    I assume the x plus will follow, and that will set prices at around £1500 with AC+ . That is more than entry iMacs and MacBook pros . It is just a phone.

12. PizzaBoxStyle macrumors 6502

He didn't say he could not afford it, just that the intrinsic value of it does not match the price.

You just thought it would feel good to call someone else poor. *******.
    Don't worry, he is probably over-extended on his mortgage, but still bought the iPhone X anyway.

13. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I’m not over extended on anything and maybe you and others should mind your damn business when it comes to what people buy.

14. bleyten macrumors newbie

bleyten

This info doesn't surprise me. I've only seen one in the wild.

15. MyMacintosh macrumors regular

MyMacintosh

.....well, If they don't like something, surely they're not going to go out and buy it/keep it.

16. PizzaBoxStyle macrumors 6502

You're the one who posted about what you bought on a public forum. #whoops

17. dazed macrumors 6502a

I saw the X and though it looked ugly. Am very happy with my 8plus, and the money I saved went towards a new iPad

Win Win :)

18. skitidetdu macrumors regular

skitidetdu

Yep exactly what I was going to write. Even if you can consider it more of a computer than a phone it is still a lot of money. And if you consider other apple things you payed for already (watch, iPad, laptop/desktop) is another 1000 bucks justified?

19. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I did but not for your judgement. Don’t come for me..

20. travelsheep macrumors 6502

travelsheep

Sell 1 phone for 1 billion $ or a billion phones for 1 $ to make a billion $ profit. Apple surely moved towards the sell 1 phone end.
    Or a phone with a fresh battery that can handle iOS 11 without slowing down.

21. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

I second on this. A lot of jealous people wanting iPhone X but could not have due to many reasons would attack some of us who are very fortunate for being able to have it and keep it. The jealousy of not being able to have and keep the best iPhone in the iPhone history is shown across the board in MacRumors with trolling in any iPhone X related threads including this thread.

22. Ballis macrumors 6502a

23. meteoreos macrumors regular

meteoreos

The price isn’t that big of a deal, kinda expected it to be £1000. I’m just personally waiting for the rev2 of the X.

24. RickInHouston macrumors 65816

Might I add... welcome to the treadmill.

25. aKansasKid macrumors regular

They make $20K watches, but I highly doubt Warren Buffett has one, considering that, despite his billions, he has lived in the same ranch-style home in an older Omaha neighborhood for years. He would consider the watch not worth the value. - to him. Has nothing to do with jealousy. When someone disagrees with your consumer values, it isn't proof that they are jealous.

That said, you're right in that there are annoying (and obvious) trollers here on both sides of the X pricing issue. But mere disagreement in and of itself is neither trolling nor jealousy.