iPhone X Returning my iPhone X today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wongster41, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

True words for sure and all of them are great phones, just pick the one that suits you and your needs.

2. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

One of the big reasons I’m keeping it is because of OIS on the telephoto lens. Zooming in picture and video on the X is awesome.

I also think I’ll be a lot happier once more of the apps I use update and don’t have those awful looking software bezels on them. You’d think Apple would have mandated an update before the release of the phone.

3. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

The 8 could also be for people who are smart with their money or don’t subscribe to the idea that a phone is a status symbol or part of their identity.

4. PhoneI macrumors 68000

Jeez. Yeah, status symbol is exactly what Im looking for in a cell phone.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

so glad you let us know. i was loosing sleep wondering what you might do

6. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Wasn’t singling out anyone in particular. Read some of these phone threads and tell me I’m wrong.

7. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I'm trying to give my iPhone X, till the weekend. By then, I want to make a decision one way or another.
    For me, the price tag is alarming, especially when I consider my iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus have absolutely NOTHING wrong with itself :)

8. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502a

Exactly and at the end of the day they all perform the same tasks in the exact same way at the same speed... In some cases even better on the 7 and 8.

9. lah macrumors regular

I find the X the perfect size. Ive always preferred the size of the 7 but didn’t like the camera compromise. Bought the 7plus and hated the size. Now the X is a smaller package without sacrificing the camera. Well done Apple.

10. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

I can really see why someone would want the plus size. Personally preference. So all these return threads are reasonable.

There are some odd arguments, but there always is :D

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Call me crazy but going from a 7 Plus to an X, was great. Now I can’t go back. It feels dated and antiquated.

12. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Apparently, if you go to a therapist, and talk things out, you often find your own answers to things.
    All that to say, with my previous post, I now know I need to simply return my iPhone X (and get back ($1416.94), and revert to my iPhone 8 Plus.

Yeah, good talk...

13. cardfan macrumors 65816

I think I'm keeping the X although my wife is returning hers. Without a case, the X's screen just pops. Purchased applecare which i normally don't do but never know when I might drop the sucker. Yep, there's UI problems, app problems and so on but the screen is sweet. In the end even though the 7 or 8 plus makes more sense, I'm an early adopter kind of guy.

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Apple now sells 8 different iPhones, not considering memory sizes.

Buy one that makes you happy and move on.

We already have numerous “I returned...” threads and we don’t need a dozen more.

15. PhoneI macrumors 68000

ok....you are wrong.

16. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

The S8 does not have the same aspect ratio as the X.

iPhone X: 19.5:9
    Samsung S8: 18.5:9

17. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Do you have a picture proving you own the X? Just that lots of these "lists" that people come up with to basically bash the X seem really rather petty, to the point that almost ALL of it was known before the X even released. So, sorry for assuming this is just another trolling post.

As for swiping up, get used to it or move brand because it will become the norm, or something like it. Really can't believe that people are whining about a swipe rather than a push! lol So petty it's unreal. Fact is, swiping up is far more intuitive now to the point that on me SE I'm already annoyed at having to click the damn thing to go home or accidentally bring up the app switcher. Can't wait for DPD to deliver my X tomorrow and relive me of the old button.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    Some people are just scared of change and/or clearly have absolutely nothing else in life to worry about.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I recommend to anyone looking to buy anything, to do your due diligence. All of your complaints known well before the release of the phone. While I also understand at times people need to try it to see if its a good fit, I think overall you can get an idea of this is something that fits a need.

There are plenty of threads here where people are returning their phones, and much more where people are not. Get the phone that fits your needs and budget. If the X is not that phone, so be it. One size does not fit all, and that's why Apple offers a number of different models. There is also competitor's of apple that if you don't want to stick with iOS.

In the end, you do not have have to justify your purchase or your return, but rather choose something that you can live with

19. Hackett00 macrumors newbie

Wow, i've read a lot of condescending BS on this website...this takes grand prize. WTF is wrong with you? I just want a phone without those (to me) awful bezels. Will never buy a phone of that design again. Has nothing to do with status symbols or whatever fictional BS you people can and will make up. To suggest otherwise is simply juvenile. I could make assumptions as to why you make your phone purchase of choice but that's beneath me. Who gives a ****?

20. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I had my X all boxed up last Tuesday and was using my 8 Plus again. This morning, I said to myself that I should give it another try. Seems like I understand the concept now and I think I will not be returning it.

21. DerfBWH macrumors 6502

Money is playing absolutely no role in my decision. I simply like the size of the Plus more.

22. bopajuice, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Since you took my comments so seriously I was going to apologize until you had to throw in the huge bezel thing. All these years no one said a thing about bezels. Samsung and others came out with almost bezelless phones still not a peep. Everyone kept buying iPhones in mass and praised their design. Now that Apple has released the X, the "huge bezels" have become an unbearable burden and catch phrase that insinuates all previous phones are hideous. Also, I point out that a X costs over a grand. I'm sure it's a nice phone, but it's overpriced in my opinion. I CHOOSE to look elsewhere. I can find better use for the money I save. Not sure how that equates to being juvenile. If anything, insulting other people because they express an opinion different from yours or view phones as a practical tool seems to be the juvenile attitude here.

I’m going to just write off you taking offense to my point of view as just another unhappy fanboy who doesn’t like reading about those who do not see the X as the holy grail of phones. Sorry.

23. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Same here, Just got back from Apple Store exchanged my X for a 8 Plus. Loved most things about it, clearly the future for Iphones, but the notch. After a week it was a show stopper.Figured this way, On IUP when the updated X comes out, the amount I paid for the 8 plus will be less than any POS used IPhone 7 plus, with no warranty, I could buy. Yes the 8 feels dated now.