Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amon37

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
AZ
Just a follow up to my order. Shipping time was awesome since I live close to where they ship out of.

The cases are great I love them compared to the other iphone cases my friends have.

I just e-mailed Zoltan since one was missing a screen protector and one the silicon membrane was over-stretched making it unusable.

Update#2

I got an e-mail back saying they were sending me a whole other case. It wasn't really necessary since I really only wanted a couple screen protectors and another silicon membrane but I will take it. Overall great customer service and fast shipping.

Mine has the wiggles at the bottom but not very much at all. My wife's case has no wiggle.

dongadrew

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Hey there guys I did a video review on this case tonight and I posted up on youtube.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/975357

Feel free to check it out.

I'll do a review on the otterbox and maybe the contour showcase(maybe I hate this case) soon once I can use my cyber shot to record instead of this crappy camera I'm using.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Is there any reason why scratches on the iPhone bezel would occur with, say, the Incase Slider but not the Neo?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I have a slider and a Neo, neither have scratched my phone.

The only reason the Neo wouldn't over the slider is because of the rubber condom that surrounds the phone and is held in tight by the frame. But like I said, the slider never scratched my phone.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
I have a slider and a Neo, neither have scratched my phone.

The only reason the Neo wouldn't over the slider is because of the rubber condom that surrounds the phone and is held in tight by the frame. But like I said, the slider never scratched my phone.

Thanks for the info - I was under the impression that dirt/sand/whatever could get stuck between the bezel and the case and could scratch up the bezel with the Slider...

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Thanks for the info - I was under the impression that dirt/sand/whatever could get stuck between the bezel and the case and could scratch up the bezel with the Slider...

Technically, dirt or particles that gets trapped under ANY case COULD scratch the phone. What makes something like the slider more prone is the fact you're removing the bottom portion to dock. Silicone cases movie around, so dirt scratches more easily. The Neo sits in place, and the thin rubber membrane keeps dirt from touching the shell of the phone. It's not a case you want if you plan on removing it though.

I had a slider, it didn't scratch my phone, but I could easily see how it could.

robbrick

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
it's weird, the slider case has only scratched my phone on the back of it where the rubber rails are. i usually clean the phone and case once a week and the scratches became worse as time went on. I guess somehow particles of abrasive dust are getting between the phone and the rubber rails causing scratching.

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
anyone have any overheating issues when charging with the case on? i wonder if that's bad for battery life/capacity...

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
anyone have any overheating issues when charging with the case on? i wonder if that's bad for battery life/capacity...

I've had this case before and I've never had any overheating isssues with it. I play games on my iPhone while it's charged and no overheating with this case on.

c4sp14nx

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
The black I frame had a chip broke off at the top left corner... not sure how that happened.

I also have the black Neo and ALL FOUR corners have chipped on my "I" frame. The top right went first, and the others quickly followed. The chips are all an identical size and shape, so I'd have to imagine it's either a design flaw or a manufacturing defect. I am hugely disappointed.

Amon37

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
AZ
I also have the black Neo and ALL FOUR corners have chipped on my "I" frame. The top right went first, and the others quickly followed. The chips are all an identical size and shape, so I'd have to imagine it's either a design flaw or a manufacturing defect. I am hugely disappointed.

Mine is chipped at the bottom right and cracked at the top left, chips are the same size same as yours.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW

Mine is chipped at the bottom right and cracked at the top left, chips are the same size same as yours.

Ever tried to get it replaced? They listen very well to their customers.

c4sp14nx

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Ever tried to get it replaced? They listen very well to their customers.

I have sent two emails to SwitchEasy using the form on their website, most recently the night I posted here on this forum (Dec. 14). I have not received a response to either, except an automated message that my request was received and I should expect a response "soon."

That said, I am otherwise quite pleased with the case...it's the best I've used so far and the chips don't seem to affect the functionality or protection it offers.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I have sent two emails to SwitchEasy using the form on their website, most recently the night I posted here on this forum (Dec. 14). I have not received a response to either, except an automated message that my request was received and I should expect a response "soon."

That said, I am otherwise quite pleased with the case...it's the best I've used so far and the chips don't seem to affect the functionality or protection it offers.

They'll respond, so far they've answered all of my queries, regrets, complaints, praises, or any topic emails that I sent to them. They have the best customer service ever compared to other manufacturers of iPhone cases out there - communication was the key.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
They'll respond, so far they've answered all of my queries, regrets, complaints, praises, or any topic emails that I sent to them. They have the best customer service ever compared to other manufacturers of iPhone cases out there - communication was the key.

I agree. Their customer service is bar none the best out there. They will go the extra mile to make you happy, even sending you brand new cases if something little is wrong with the one you get. I have been super happy with my 3 rebels and am using my black neo currently. (I rotate them around each week. :))

thenewguy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2006
I will say this: the comments about customer service sure are true.

I got a black neo, and the I Frame wiggled, so I sent in an email and got a response saying they'd ship me a new case. They did. Unfortunately the new case was White, not black, so I emailed again and they just shipped me out another black one. I offered to send back the white one, he said don't bother, keep it for the holidays.

Response to each email was 2-3 days, but once they responded everything was snappy. They're even shipping the new black one across the country since I'll be in a different place for the holidays.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I will say this: the comments about customer service sure are true.

I got a black neo, and the I Frame wiggled, so I sent in an email and got a response saying they'd ship me a new case. They did. Unfortunately the new case was White, not black, so I emailed again and they just shipped me out another black one. I offered to send back the white one, he said don't bother, keep it for the holidays.

Response to each email was 2-3 days, but once they responded everything was snappy. They're even shipping the new black one across the country since I'll be in a different place for the holidays.

Great customer service is right, but you're just going to get another Neo that wiggles. It doesn't bother me at all but...

thenewguy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2006
Great customer service is right, but you're just going to get another Neo that wiggles. It doesn't bother me at all but...

I'm worried about that too. If it does, then I'll sell them. I just ordered one of the iFrogz Luxe's for $10 during their sale, I'll see if I like that design better.

bloody

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
I have the white neotouch, does anyone notice that the white capsuleneo/neotouch's i-frame gets stained AMAZINGLY fast?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I have the white neotouch, does anyone notice that the white capsuleneo/neotouch's i-frame gets stained AMAZINGLY fast?

I might have not seen this but what exactly is a neotouch?

I know the White Capsule Neo for the iPhone 3G has some discoloration problems, but so far I think they might have fixed it cause mine hasn't discolored or stained easily anymore.

KSUWizard

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2008
Manhattan, KS
After going through this post, this sounds like the case for me. It was between the neo, rebel, ifrogz luxe, and iskin fuze. I plan on the gettign the black one so the discoloaration is not an issue. Only thing is if the I frame gets loose. I read some posts about it being fixed but not sure if they just got lucky. Anyone got 2 cents to throw in here?

xtrips

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2008
Raging with anger!

:mad:
Hello,

I just set my CapsuleNeo on my new iPhone 3G and I must say I am very angry.
The product itself is really good when it comes to protecting the back and sides of the phone. But when I used the protective film on my brand new spotless screen I saw two bubble shapes before I finished adjusting it. So of course I lifted the film again to reajust. I was surprised to see that the bubbles were actually stains of some sort on the very surface of the screen. I was very concerned so I completely removed the film and tried to deal with the stains to no avail. Finally I decided to use the second film available in order to protect the screen anyway but it looks awful. My previous iPhone had InvisibleShield and it was awesome. Truly invisible and harmless.
I am planning to purchase another set of InvisibleShield just for the screen but will I be able to make these spots disapear? I mean what kind of adhesive matter do they use on their films? Acid?:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.