Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Applecare would help in other things other than IR, so in such an expensive equipment made sense IMHO to be covered for 2 extra years. Here in Puerto Rico Apple is not allowed to sell the Applecare along with a new machines. :mad: Anyway I ended buying my new machine in Ebay and it came without Applecare, but through BH Photo bought it for $179.99 (auto enrolled in less than 2 hours), so ended getting a similar deal as with the Apple educational discount. :)

Here in Florida, only Apple can sell the AppleCare. We can't buy it through a third-party such as Amazon or B&H Photo. So either buy it from Apple with the machine, or buy it from Apple later on. It was much cheaper for me to just buy it with the Mac.

But I'm going to be in New Zealand starting next year, so I'm not sure how much good AppleCare will do me. No Apple stores in existence there, and a flight to Australia is at least a couple hours away. I'm glad I got AppleCare rather than not, though. I can afford it, and it eases my mind. I guess I better just pray nothing goes wrong with it, but I should be fine.

I just want to get my rMBP.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
It is a tough choice, but even for the long run isn't 8GB enough (specially with compressed memory)?

If I bought a new MBP I would max the ram out. I thought 8gb was enough in my MBP and then I got a Mac Pro with 32gb. I have tried to make it not enough by stress testing photoshop cs6 out to a ridiculous level and it is for the moment :D

16gb will be perfect for the long run IMHO.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Alright, it's been a week since shipping estimates went down to 1-2 weeks from 3-4. Let's see if things go back to the normal 1-3 business days soon. My order is still in processing.

Tribbs

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
Maxed Out

13" rMBP/i7/16GB/1TB

Ordered Nov 19th
Available Dec 24th :eek:

No change since order was placed.

Last edited:

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Here in Florida, only Apple can sell the AppleCare. We can't buy it through a third-party such as Amazon or B&H Photo. So either buy it from Apple with the machine, or buy it from Apple later on. It was much cheaper for me to just buy it with the Mac.

The policy may have changed. I live in Florida and bought AppleCare two weeks after I got the rMBP. I purchased my laptop from Apple online and got the AppleCare from Adorama. I registered it without any problems online.

msj

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2013
Ordered mine on 11/15 estimated delivery is between 13th and 20th Dec. Wondering if the latest orders with 1-2week dispatch will get delivered before mine.

Ai-apple

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Ordered mine on 11/15 estimated delivery is between 13th and 20th Dec. Wondering if the latest orders with 1-2week dispatch will get delivered before mine.

I just ordered 13" rMBP 2.8GHz i7 with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD and store pickup date is shown Dec. 11th. :D. My Xmas present is coming early.

shelby77

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2010
I ordered Nov 13 and it still shows this:
Processing Items Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers: Dec 10 - Dec 17 by 2-3 Business Days
hasn't budged! :(
Configuration
2.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
1TB Flash Storage

mbpguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
I ordered Nov 13 and it still shows this:
Processing Items Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers: Dec 10 - Dec 17 by 2-3 Business Days
hasn't budged! :(
Configuration
2.6GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
1TB Flash Storage

Ordered Nov 15th, still shows delivery dates of 13-20.. WTF...:confused:

OMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
Has anyone called and confirmed with Apple that we will indeed receive our computers before people that ordered after the drop in delivery time? I ordered on Nov 19th, and still have a Dec 25 store pickup date. :confused:

Ai-apple

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Has anyone called and confirmed with Apple that we will indeed receive our computers before people that ordered after the drop in delivery time? I ordered on Nov 19th, and still have a Dec 25 store pickup date. :confused:

Apple store is open on Dec. 25th? You might want to call apple for an update.

crazybobbles

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
Ordered on the 21st with the delivery date of 18-30 dec. Hopefully it will arrive on the 23rd in time for my birthday. Xmas would be sweet too

applehead12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
13" rMBP/i7/16GB/512GB SSD

Ordered: December 2nd
Delivery: December 13rd-20th

I paid the $14 for expedited shipping though.

I was seriously tempted to order the 1TB SSD but my Amex is pretty much maxed out as it is and from what I can tell the SSD is upgradeable....for now I'll have to live with the 512GB+2TB time capsule.

Last edited:

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
13" rMBP/i7/16GB/512GB SSD

Ordered: December 2nd
Delivery: December 13rd-20th

I paid the $14 for expedited shipping though.

I was seriously tempted to order the 1TB SSD but my Amex is pretty much maxed out as it is and from what I can tell the SSD is upgradeable....for now I'll have to live with the 512GB+2TB time capsule.

Yes, the SSD is replaceable as confirmed by iFixit teardown; there are already people selling them in Ebay for around $1 per Gig, so you can do the swap at a later time.

Zintl

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
I hope this helps as it seems my order was placed a few days before some of you...

I ordered 2.6/16/512 10th November. At that point it was 1-2 weeks for shipping, it was then delayed a further 3-4 weeks and was showing a ship date 16-20th December.

I phoned Apple to make sure mine would be delivered before the ones on the store that currently show quicker shipping times. They assured me they would, but had absolutely no idea when it would ship or if it could be delayed again, so couldn't actually confirm a single thing.

30th November I received a shipping notification and now its somewhere around Kazakhstan with UPS. My order on the apple website still says delivers 16-20th December but UPS tracker has expected delivery 5th December (UK delivery)

OMGWTFBBQ

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
I hope this helps as it seems my order was placed a few days before some of you...

I ordered 2.6/16/512 10th November. At that point it was 1-2 weeks for shipping, it was then delayed a further 3-4 weeks and was showing a ship date 16-20th December.

I phoned Apple to make sure mine would be delivered before the ones on the store that currently show quicker shipping times. They assured me they would, but had absolutely no idea when it would ship or if it could be delayed again, so couldn't actually confirm a single thing.

30th November I received a shipping notification and now its somewhere around Kazakhstan with UPS. My order on the apple website still says delivers 16-20th December but UPS tracker has expected delivery 5th December (UK delivery)

Thank you very much, I appreciate the update!

msj

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2013

The order status changed to "Preparing for dispatch" today.

=====
13" 2.8GHz/16GB/512GB

Heli0s

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2013
I ordered Nov. 13 with an expected delivery Dec. 11-18. The order is still listed as "Processing Items," but I noticed that my bank account has $1879 less "available" than it did yesterday... Hopefully this is a good sign.

thomasec

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
B&H had a few 16GB 13" rMBPs in stock earlier today, but I believe they are all sold out. Maybe this means other retailers that get BTO macbooks will be getting them soon as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.