Rose Gold iPhone photographed next to other pink things

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aqapple91, Sep 22, 2015.

1. aqapple91 macrumors newbie

2. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

It's actually not that pink.... It's more like salmon / peachy pink :)

3. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

4. kungxpao macrumors regular

kungxpao

5. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

6. annsx macrumors newbie

Well when you put something with pink tones next to tons of other light pink objects on a bright white background under intense bright light...what did you expect?

From other photos/reviews (The Telegraph's review specifically mentions that it's more copper and less pink), it seems like the color changes a lot under different lighting, but it's generally a warmer metallic color. I don't mind either way, I think it's beautiful!

7. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

I have the rose gold lightning dock, and this first picture is by far the best representation of the actual color I've seen this far. It's almost exact.

8. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

More accurately...

[​IMG]

9. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

THIS!!!

From the Telegraph: "Apple’s rose gold is a funny kind of shade - its tendency to reflect or absorb light depending on the lighting conditions when photographed means it can appear anything from an icy mauve to a muddy golden brown in pictures. In reality it’s a warm, pinky copper colour, and is guaranteed to sell shedloads."

I can't wait!

10. epigenome macrumors member

Agreed, I'm looking at it now - I said elsewhere I would describe it as a pinkish copper.

11. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

The pink color is a magical mixture of rainbow and unicorn, with a holistic healing property.

12. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

Why those white antenna lines on the rose gold and gold? Looks really bad imo. With silver and space gray the lines doesn't stand out that much but with the other two colors it looks like a (major) design flaw.

13. xienze macrumors newbie

This has to take the cake for one of the silliest Apple "controversies" of all time. It's clearly intended to be Apple's take on a pink color. And regardless of your views on gender and color the fact remains that in general society views pink as a feminine color and you're going to see that women overwhelmingly choose this color. I think everyone can agree on that. It's Apple's attempt to create a color that caters to women. Any attempt to read more into this is silly.

14. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

These photos almost make me wish I had ordered Rose Gold. The white antenna lines ruin it for me though. Still looking forward to seeing it in person.

15. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

I can't wait for mine to arrive on Friday to see what color it really is. It's so interesting on how depending on the lighting it looks completely different colors

16. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

17. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

That's usually how it is with most metallic colors. The gold can look silver depending on lighting. The rose gold could look more pink or copper again, depending on lighting. It's all about what light is reflected off the phone at the time. Outside, it's going to look more pink/lighter. Inside, it's going to look more copper/darker.

18. Memphian macrumors newbie

Memphian

I think the rose gold looks good. Was considering it myself but I have a gold 6 and wanted to go back to the classic silver. Seems like I'm only seeing gold 6's and 6 pluses lately.

19. southflguy macrumors regular

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

That nail polish looks fantastic with the phone.

21. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I love it. Can't wait to get mine on Friday.

22. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

23. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

24. flur macrumors 68000

I don't agree with that. Fact is that short-sighted bigots aren't the majority anymore :eek: and you making assumptions about what everyone else wants/thinks/prefers is what's silly. Fact is that there are more guys than girls in these forums getting the rose gold. Fact is that this is a different world from the one you think it is and if you don't approve, tough on you.