Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Art Mark

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Oregon
at least apple's based here and all the profits don't flow back to Korea. everyone manufactures everywhere that's cheap, capitalism. but when you support the foreign company as a whole, you are doing more harm than good.

Jon N.

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2023
at least apple's based here and all the profits don't flow back to Korea. everyone manufactures everywhere that's cheap, capitalism. but when you support the foreign company as a whole, you are doing more harm than good.
So, I should buy an Apple device (which is inferior because I don't want it, don't need it, and certainly don't like it) just because it's a supposedly "U.S." company, even though they're made in China from components produced in many countries other than the U.S.?

Your logic is lacking, to say the least.

By all means, keep buying your crApple devices. Just be sure to build the walls of your walled garden high enough that you don't see how the rest of the world is passing you by.

Art Mark

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Oregon
yes. they are one of the largest and most corrupt companies in Korea.
Mr Lee's own father, Lee Kun-hee was convicted of bribery and fraud in the 1990s when he was Samsung chairman. But he didn't serve a single day of jail time. So in 2017, when his son was hauled away to a cell on a five-year sentence, activists hoped the case would mark a turning point.

Art Mark

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Oregon
So, I should buy an Apple device (which is inferior because I don't want it, don't need it, and certainly don't like it) just because it's a supposedly "U.S." company, even though they're made in China from components produced in many countries other than the U.S.?

Your logic is lacking, to say the least.

By all means, keep buying your crApple devices. Just be sure to build the walls of your walled garden high enough that you don't see how the rest of the world is passing you by.
still better than supporting a corrupt Korean based company. everything is manufactured all over. where a company is based does mean something. or do you see the Samsung headquarters in CA? Speaking of logic...you know about how modern capitalism works, yes? Do you think your Ford is made in Detroit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.