Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
meh. it's kind of a chicken or the egg thing, but i think it's fairly established - based on the crux of both camps' 'issues'...

apple fans are obsessed with android fans' obsession with apple. i'm 99% certain the rift wouldn't exist without android fans' insistence not that apple stuff isn't 'as good', but that choosing apple is an 'error of judgement'... they don't have a leg to stand on regarding quality or usage because 9 out of 10 of them have never used apple products for more than an hour, if that. but the idea that EVERYONE who picks apple is an idiot who drools at the sight of sparkley things, and spouting almost pure nonsense, irrational logic, and disproven baseless factoids at the drop of a hat seems to be the fandroid thread-wanderer's MO.

far and away, as someone fairly intrigued by the phenomenon, i've noticed most android threads devoid of apple fans; there to only provoke. not always, but most of the time. the same cannot be said about apple threads. ever.

if you want to falsely equate the two camps on an article specifically about samsung where people are discussing them, fine. that's your contextual worldview, almost confirmation bias. but there's more at play than merely 'mine's better than yours because i own it.' android folks tend to really set the bar low for actual discussion.

I just noticed your response would work in exactly the same way if you take every occurrence of "apple" and change it to "android", and vice-versa.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
LOL a machine bending phones that's not a point.

The bend polemic was related to the iphone 6+ inside a trouser pocket, the thing bends, now, is it stupid to put it there? yes of course, the thing is too big but IMO the form on the iphone 6+ makes it more prone to bend than other phones EVER.

The Galaxy S6 is not at the same level of bending than the iphone 6+, that video is just bs. Show me many people complaining then ill believe.

Show us something better.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Notice how the screen cracks on the Galaxy S6 and it just bends on the iPhone 6 plus.

Either way, it looks a lot more severe on the S6.

Yes, as I said, this of course is to be expected as (irrespective of made) if you take flat glass and bend it, that's one test.
If you take glass that has the edges curved around, then of course such a shape of glass is going to crack on any product.

I'm not defending anyone or anything, just pointing out it's a silly test as they are not using products that have the same construction of glass.

If/when Apple were to use glass that wrapped around with a curve that would break also easier than a flat sheet.

koulmj

Suspended
Mar 18, 2013
i wish i had the money to bend random phones. im so broke i couldnt possible buy a hotdog just to perform bend tests.

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
I just noticed your response would work in exactly the same way if you take every occurrence of "apple" and change it to "android", and vice-versa.

really would beg to differ. highly. it's just apparent wherever you go, whichever threads you check. i like apple and i other companies, i'm not taking a side because of the products. i'm taking a side based on what i hear from both 'camps'. and part of it stems from a new generation of younger folks who view Apple as we viewed Microsoft back in the day. so much animosity to the top dogs, it's almost impossible for these people to get a clear view of the company as older people do. and with this animosity comes blatant lies and repeatedly debunked slander/gossip. the 'reality distortion field' was created by Jobs in viewing his products, and now it's a different warp of space and time that android users view apple products with. it was passed like a shape-shifting baton.

i think it willfully ignorant if it's not at least something you'd consider to be possible. sure, other people have different experiences than i do, but i'd certainly wonder if they take in as many different sources as i do. this Xbox vs Playstation mentality that has crept into computing/devices fascinates me.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Samsung fanboy here (I also own an iPad). It will die just as quickly as it did with the iPhone 6 plus. I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter the phone it will bend. It’s exactly the reason why I have a heavy duty case on my iPad Air 2. If I fall asleep while using the iPad I will roll over it and bend it. Devices bend so I always use heavy duty cases.

That's not the issue actually. Unlike Samsung about their S6, Apple never stated the 6 Plus would not bend. Samsung is a out and out Liar.

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
What a perfect representation of denial.

Not really.

The iPhone 6 Plus was shown to have bent while simply in someone's pocket. There's documented proof of that.

We're not seeing anything like that here. We're seeing what happens to a phone when you use a machine to forcefully bend it.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Since many believe bendgate doesn't exist or is limited to such a small amount it doesn't matter. Then it doesn't matter across the board - whether it's Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Not really.

The iPhone 6 Plus was shown to have bent while simply in someone's pocket. There's documented proof of that.

We're not seeing anything like that here. We're seeing what happens to a phone when you use a machine to forcefully bend it.

at the same force. You think iphones just magically bent because they were in a pocket? deal with it.

Stanick

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
Sofia, Bulgaria
Let's see if it will bend in people's pockets like the iPhone. We can't just close our eyes just because we are apple fans. The phone has a defect that hopefully will be fixed in the 6s.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Since many believe bendgate doesn't exist or is limited to such a small amount it doesn't matter. Then it doesn't matter across the board - whether it's Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.

Many also believe that bendgate DOES exist - there's plenty of threads across the net. For each single one of those obviously it does matter.

And it most definitely does exist for Samsung, they pretty much acknowledged that in the moment they made fun of bent iPhones in their ads.

(and already the thread has become very predictable :) )

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Many also believe that bendgate DOES exist - there's plenty of threads across the net. For each single one of those obviously it does matter.

And it most definitely does exist for Samsung, they pretty much acknowledged that in the moment they made fun of bent iPhones in their ads.

And we definitely can't let them get away with that. :cool:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

Missed the point of my post. Congratulations.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Not really.

"Documented Proof". Stop, please, just stop. Show me video proof of a non-forced incident of this happening. I have seen nothing. Documented proof is nothing but wasted BS.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

So now it does not matter.

spectrumfox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
"Documented Proof". Stop, please, just stop. Show me video proof of a non-forced incident of this happening. I have seen nothing. Documented proof is nothing but wasted BS.

Of course you're going to see nothing when you're purposely trying not to see it.

Instead of pretending the problem doesn't exist, now would be a good time to voice your concern with Apple and hope they fix the issue with the 6S+

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX

I was going to say the same thing. Cue the people saying phones will not bend unless you sit on it with a huge force or something similar...........crickets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.