Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
In Poland - place where I live, there is premiere of Apple Watch S4 at 28th Sept and Nike+ at 5th Oct. I had S3 Nike+ and always used band from Nike+ and shield from Nike+, there were the most clear for me. I believe that I met them again in Nike+ S4 :)

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Uh the only thing you get with the Nike one is some ugly watch faces and the Nike Swoosh on the backside of the watch that you never look at. Skip it.

You can order the new Nike bands Oct 5th.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Uh the only thing you get with the Nike one is some ugly watch faces and the Nike Swoosh on the backside of the watch that you never look at. Skip it.

You posted this in another thread too, but I have seen zero sources stating the new Nike bands will be available on the 5th. Where did you read this?

And personally, I like the additional faces. Since it's the same cost, why not wait a couple extra weeks and get additional face options? That's the route I went. Can't wait to get mine next Friday.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
You posted this in another thread too, but I have seen zero sources stating the new Nike bands will be available on the 5th. Where did you read this?

And personally, I like the additional faces. Since it's the same cost, why not wait a couple extra weeks and get additional face options? That's the route I went. Can't wait to get mine next Friday.
Their news letter state the reflective bands are coming soon. They advertise the watch as well. But specifically state the bands will be available.

geachy92

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Even if the new bands are available to buy from the 5th October, I don't fancy spending £530 on the aluminium watch and then another £50 on a new band if I can just get the band included in the price by waiting a couple of weeks.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Just buy the watch that has the band that you like. Honestly, the Nike app sucks and based on the trend, the app will continue to suck.

Eventually (maybe it's the 5th, maybe not), you'll be able to buy some of the Nike bands separately, but it'll cost you an extra $50.

You gotta decide if it's worth waiting until the Nike watches are available, if you want the Nike band.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Hi Guys,

Both edition has the same prizes.

Which one do you recommend ? Aluminium regular or Nike+?
Which band do you prefer?

The Nike+ version gives stuff above and beyond the regular unit.

So it's not like there's any downside to it but for the wait.
[doublepost=1538096731][/doublepost]

So buying the regular watch and ordering a $50 Nike band (*) puts you $50 worse off than just getting the Nike watch to begin with. Yep, that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Just me, but I like the Nike digital face, so another reason to just go with the nike version... which costs the same as the non-nike version.

Last edited:

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Which band do you prefer?

The Nike+ version gives stuff above and beyond the regular unit.

So it's not like there's any downside to it but for the wait.
[doublepost=1538096731][/doublepost]

So buying the regular watch and ordering a $50 Nike band (*) puts you $50 worse off than just getting the Nike watch to begin with. Yep, that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Just me, but I like the Nike digital face, so another reason to just go with the nike version... which costs the same as the non-nike version.
People own more than just one band. All I’m saying is nothing is exclusive with the Nike watch other than a face and a two week delayed launch.

ectospheno

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005

My favorite watch face is the Nike+ Digital.

geachy92

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Sorry I didn’t realize the word People meant just You.

Your entire argument was based on the fact you don't like the Nike watch faces and that the bands are sold separately, therefore someone else should 'skip it'. You then stated that 'people own more than one band'.

deeddawg is only saying that you've failed to recognise some people do not own more than one band, so for them waiting for the Nike+ AW makes perfect sense, as you lose nothing and gain cool bands for the same price as the regular AW.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor

Their news letter state the reflective bands are coming soon. They advertise the watch as well. But specifically state the bands will be available.
It's Oct. 8th and the new Nike+ Sport Loops are not available. Like last year, it'll probably be a while until they sell them separately.

(Not available from Nike, either.)

Reactions: deeddawg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.