Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
I had two different employees tell me 2 different things:
  1. One told me they get shipments every day and that I should keep checking between 12p-1p. Probably the best bet until they actually enable in-store pickup (which will probably happen just about the time that smart keyboard that I ordered online 11/11 ships on 12/7....)
  2. another told me check the online store/app and I should be able to reserve for in store pickup if they have any in stock. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the  pencils that were sitting on the shelf in front of him didn't show up as available for in-store pickup when I added them to my cart while standing in the store....

It's amazing how much retail employees are out of touch with their own store system. There used to be a time when every employee was just as informed as some of the biggest macrumors fans on here. Shame.

Are Best Buy, Apple Store the only places available to purchase the keyboard from?

No, but they currently are the best bet. Both 3rd party Apple retailers in Seattle don't have them and have no idea when they're getting them.

Reactions: tophermd

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
I bought Logitech's keyboard and I really like the keyboard and the protection the case also provides for the iPad Pro. And, I do not work for Logitech --

The Logi Create works well otherwise, but because it contrains to landscape mode, it doesn't work well for my needs. I need something I can easily tear off to enjoy portrait mode quickly and easily. I'm currently using Logi Keys-To-Go which is great, but isn't a full size keyboard. Great otherwise.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I bought Logitech's keyboard and I really like the keyboard and the protection the case also provides for the iPad Pro. And, I do not work for Logitech --

The problem with the Logitech is that it's far too bulky/heavy for many of us. It weighs more than the iPad Pro.. And if you want to take the case off, it's a pita. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.

Reactions: ZombiePete

rkuo

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2010
The problem with the Logitech is that it's far too bulky/heavy for many of us. It weighs more than the iPad Pro.. And if you want to take the case off, it's a pita. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.
The Logitech Create is an abomination. I can't believe anyone would buy that piece of ****. If the case weighs as much as the thing it's trying to protect, you're doing it wrong.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
The Logitech Create is an abomination. I can't believe anyone would buy that piece of ****. If the case weighs as much as the thing it's trying to protect, you're doing it wrong.

I absolutely agree with you. The iPad Pro + Logitech Create weighs about the same a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. Madness.

FinalLogic

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
I absolutely agree with you. The iPad Pro + Logitech Create weighs about the same a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. Madness.

Yup, returned mine after a few days. Having a block of gross plastic snapped to my new obelisk feels wrong. Also, the "buttons" for volume control and sleep make me feel like I'm going to crack the glass if I press them hard enough to register an input.

I was at Bellevue Square Mall near Seattle yesterday, snagged the only pencil they had, a business order that was never picked up. The guy told me they had never gotten a single keyboard, called it a unicorn.

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yup, returned mine after a few days. Having a block of gross plastic snapped to my new obelisk feels wrong. Also, the "buttons" for volume control and sleep make me feel like I'm going to crack the glass if I press them hard enough to register an input.
Couldn't have put it better myself!

klove4252

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015

At first when I bought it I actually liked it because the keys felt good, but then I tried to actually figure out a way to write and carry it around. It just is to bulky to really be able to move it or ever put it in landscape mode.

brolfsen

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I'm about to say screw it and just get the Smart Cover and either the Magic Keyboard or the Logitech K811 Keyboard....it shouldn't be this frustrating to find a keyboard case

TripleMoxy

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
UK
Finally found a keyboard at the Manchester Arndale shop in the UK! The delivery had just arrived and it was the only keyboard in there. Finally, I can stop obsessing.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

I was surprised how many people were positive about it. When I found out how much it weighed, I could not see the point

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
does anyone know in the UK if they will be available to reserve and collecting the apple store?

Wen I try to check out it just says not available but I'm not sure if its out of stock or they won't do it?

Does anyone know what time they update th stock levels, or what time is best to check and try and reserve one?

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
does anyone know in the UK if they will be available to reserve and collecting the apple store?

Wen I try to check out it just says not available but I'm not sure if its out of stock or they won't do it?

Does anyone know what time they update th stock levels, or what time is best to check and try and reserve one?

I've been trying to do this with the pencil and keyboard since yesterday and every time it shows all stores as unavailable so I don't think it's working right now for those two products. It works for checking stock of actual iPads though.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
damn thats a shame, my nearest 2 stores are about 45 mins drive away and i would go if I could guarantee it but its too far on the off chance

Yeah that's a shame. I live quite close to two in Newcastle and I've checked both today and no luck. Try ringing the store directly instead and say "Manager" at the automated stage so you get patched through to the actual store as opposed to the call centre.

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
its a shame we can't find out what time they get deliveries!

I don't think they hold them for you anyway do they? if not they will no doubt be gone by the time i get there.

i just did a online chat which was useless. I was told theres limited stock because they like to make sure a product is right.... oh and I can only order online and not sold in store apparently.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
its a shame we can't find out what time they get deliveries!

I don't think they hold them for you anyway do they? if not they will no doubt be gone by the time i get there.

i just did a online chat which was useless. I was told theres limited stock because they like to make sure a product is right.... oh and I can only order online and not sold in store apparently.

I'm getting told different things by different employees to be honest. It's all just a bit of a shambles. Some say they haven't had any stock then some saying they have had 1 or 2 a day. I don't think even they know what's going on.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

When you use the store app and browse a product, it now shows that an item is available for store pick up at your nearest Apple Store , if available . Looks like the KB is not available ....

Every version of the iPad pro is available for in store pickup for me. All accessories not available (apple ones)

Going to swing by Westfield store anyway on the way to gym

draughn101

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
When you use the store app and browse a product, it now shows that an item is available for store pick up at your nearest Apple Store , if available . Looks like the KB is not available ....

Every version of the iPad pro is available for in store pickup for me. All accessories not available (apple ones)

Going to swing by Westfield store anyway on the way to gym

I'm not seeing that on mine. It still says in store pickup not available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.