Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raytheon117

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Mine updated with the following:

Sep 13, 2008 3:01 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Package data transmitted? Lol no additional data. Hopefully Tuesday or Monday! :D I should have ordered a day before. It probably would have been here faster hehe.

YodaEXE

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Well, my iPod Touch was delivered today. Bought a few hours after the announcement, and I paid for 2-3 day shipping. I'm excited. Gotta wait for the front desk of my dorm to process the packages and let me pick it up though :(

Goroke

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2008
Sep 13, 2008 3:01 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

Same here...but it didn't even reach the 13th yet o_o;;. and it says again...

Sep 12, 2008 8:08 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

So I guess I'm having a time flux in my area?

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
wow - yours is out for delivery already!!
my data was the same up to the delivery part. gotta recheck my tracking page. ;)

the Sept. 13th deal is the time change from China to the US.

[edit] no update for me, still "in transit"

zeroracer0702

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
Mine hasn't updated with any info about Anchorage so I'm now trailing you.

Wow, I'm really ticked off now! I bought it on tuesday, paid for 2-3 day shipping and it's expected to be delivered on the 16th! WTF?!? Tracker says its in transit from Shanghai as of 9:49. Is that local time or asian time? Where is yours at WSWrinkle? Does your tracker info look something like this?

Sep 12, 2008
9:49 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN
3:01 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

12:56 AM Left FedEx origin facility KUNSHAN CN

Sep 11, 2008
5:47 PM Picked up KUNSHAN CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

WSWrinkle

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2008
Wow, I'm really ticked off now! I bought it on tuesday, paid for 2-3 day shipping and it's expected to be delivered on the 16th! WTF?!? Tracker says its in transit from Shanghai as of 9:49. Is that local time or asian time? Where is yours at WSWrinkle? Does your tracker info look something like this?

My tracker looks exactly like that right down to the same times. My estimated delivery is on Sept. 16. Looks like we're getting the slowest boat from China. I'm trying unsuccessfully not to obsess.

berylw

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
New York, NY
These seem to be arriving pretty quickly once they leave Shanghai. Mine departed Shanghai at 10pm on 9/11 and was delivered in NY at 9:30 this morning (9/12). I didn't pay for the 2-3 day shipping, either. Up until it was delivered, the "estimated delivery" on FedEx's page was Monday, 9/15. So...yours might come tomorrow--there's hope!

Now I just need to finish work already so I can go home and play....

Rockrover

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
I just called apple and got my $10 back for 2 day shipping. To Apples credit there was no questioning and my card was credited the amount.

Of course my situ is 5 day's delivery (Monday) and I ordered on Weds.

--D

zeroracer0702

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
I just called apple and got my $10 back for 2 day shipping. To Apples credit there was no questioning and my card was credited the amount.

Of course my situ is 5 day's delivery (Monday) and I ordered on Weds.

--D

what was the number that you called? i'm thinking about calling and asking for my $10 back considering it was supposed to get here within 3 days, which today is the third day =/

Rockrover

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
what was the number that you called? i'm thinking about calling and asking for my $10 back considering it was supposed to get here within 3 days, which today is the third day =/

I just called the Apple customer service number that's on your e-invoice. Option #2.

Now remember many here are saying they paid for 2-3 day's shipping. My invoice says I paid for 2 day's shipping @ a $10 premium. Not three days...TWO. Nuf said.

Thankfully the guy on the phone was cordial. I was ready to uncork on the poor guy about how Apple is in a never ending do-loop on charging for every little "service". Specifically after I bought a $400 ipt and discovered that in order to BUY some app's I had to BUY a firmware update! Puhleeze.

http://www.gomusic.ru

--D

--D

WSWrinkle

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2008

My tracker just updated with departed Anchorage at 2:06pm. Hope yours did too. (Life in the big city - tracking an iPod on Friday night!)

Raytheon117

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
My tracker just updated with departed Anchorage at 2:06pm. Hope yours did too. (Life in the big city - tracking an iPod on Friday night!)

Similar here. Departed at 4:44PM Sept 12th from Anchorage, AK. Im here in Ontario Canada, so hopefully it'll get here before the estimated 17th Sept that it says on FedEX's tracking page. Im really too excited about this lol!

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Similar here. Departed at 4:44PM Sept 12th from Anchorage, AK. Im here in Ontario Canada, so hopefully it'll get here before the estimated 17th Sept that it says on FedEX's tracking page. Im really too excited about this lol!

Where does it say estimated date on tracking page? Mines been stuck on memphis for almost 48h

BIS2

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2004
stuck ipod

Mine was also stuck, but in Anchorage......

Sep 13, 2008 2:44 AM Int'l shipment release
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Sep 11, 2008 2:06 PM Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

It's still supposed to be delivered Monday AM though. I'm in Boston so I feel like that is realistic.

sgtboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2007
Yikes, 48+ hours without an update. Still says its floating around in Memphis TN, hope I get this thing before my local store does:confused:

Raytheon117

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Where does it say estimated date on tracking page? Mines been stuck on memphis for almost 48h

On my FedEx page, right below the header 'Detailed Results' there's an estimated Delivery section for me.

Yay! It's in Mississauga now being cleared! That's 45 minutes away from me in Waterloo, Ontario :D

yeahcordim

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
These seem to be arriving pretty quickly once they leave Shanghai. Mine departed Shanghai at 10pm on 9/11 and was delivered in NY at 9:30 this morning (9/12). I didn't pay for the 2-3 day shipping, either. Up until it was delivered, the "estimated delivery" on FedEx's page was Monday, 9/15. So...yours might come tomorrow--there's hope!

Now I just need to finish work already so I can go home and play....
mine departed shanghai at the same time, won't get it until monday :(
tracking haven't change since 9/12 as "3:23 AM In transit INDIANAPOLIS"
maybe it takes longer to long island???

anyway, still very happy to get my first touch,
just wish i could have it before the weekends ;)

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Sep 13, 2008 2:44 AM Int'l shipment release
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

It's still supposed to be delivered Monday AM though. I'm in Boston so I feel like that is realistic.

YEP! Mine was on your exact shipment as well, but mine delivers on Tuesday by 3:43 PM (why that specific time I can't understand). Though the tracking of Fed Ex stuff half the time is wrong, and it arrives early. Indianapolis is a one-day drive from my house (12 hours), so it could be here Monday.

coleym

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I ordered my 32gb 2G touch the day of the annoucnement, and after going through China, Alaska, and Indianapolis, it says it is at "At local FedEx facility." Too bad they don't deliver on Saturdays. I have to wait until Monday!

kydan

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Overnight shipping

I opted for overnight shipping on the 12th of September. It's not expected to arrive until the 16th of September...boo

The worst part is today is the 13th and it's in HAPEVILLE, GA. (About 2 hours away from where I live lol)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.