Siri missing words on 6S dictation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lion007s, Aug 7, 2016.

  1. Lion007s macrumors member

    Lion007s

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014
    Location:
    Australia
    #1
    Every time I dictate to Siri using "Hey Siri" or by holding down the home button, Siri either misses the first word or two or comes up with a blank box completely. This is despite the iPhone actually picking up exactly what I've said (Look at attached screenshots).

    I tried different phrases, different contacts, still the same issue.

    This has been going on for a month. I even setup the phone as new, still the same issue. Latest software.

    Any suggestions? I know Siri taps into the server side of things, and the hardware does seem to be picking up what I am saying, so how would this possibly be fixed? Apple is escalating me to their engineers but thought I would get an idea from the Community too.

    Anyone else having issues?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. willmtaylor Suspended

    willmtaylor

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Location:
    A Natural State
    #2
    Has it always happened or just recently?
    Does it happen all the time or in certain circumstances?
    Are you connected to Bluetooth when it happens?
     
  3. Lion007s thread starter macrumors member

    Lion007s

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014
    Location:
    Australia
    #3
    It's been happening for the last 6 weeks or so. It happens 75% of the time, the other 25% it sometimes captures the full phrase. It's hit and miss at times but the frequency is quite annoying especially since I use "Hey Siri" whilst driving to respond or send messages and it cuts off words rendering it useless. I use it at work to send messages too and home, same problem.

    Not connected to Bluetooth.
     
  4. mpv13 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2017
    #4
    This same thing is happening to me on a 6s I just purchased used and set up with latest OS and restored data from my 5s. Can't train for Hey Siri. Misses first word or couple of words on dictation. Voice recording works fine so mic is working.
     

Share This Page