Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
1. USB-C would REALLY appeal to a lot of Apple fans.
2. XS and XS Max both should have 3 cameras.
3. I HOPE it is called the XI not "2nd Gen XS" which makes zero sense.

1) It'll also piss a lot of people off having to buy new cables, chargers, etc.
2) Why? The cameras are fine as is.
3) It'll likely just be "11".

cjcampbell

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
“3x” what?

It does not mean magnification power, as most people believe. It is merely the ratio between the longest focal length on a camera and the widest. 3x on one camera can mean something completely different on another. They could all be wide angle focal lengths and none of them telephoto.

It it is a marketing ploy meant to deceive the stupid.

Unity451

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
California
3. I HOPE it is called the XI not "2nd Gen XS" which makes zero sense.

I personally hope it's called "2nd Gen Xs" because then we could have the 2nd Gen Xs Max and, in the words of Morpheus... "stay in Wonderland, and see how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Sketchy rumor: Apple will actually add features to the next iPhone after seeing how simply raising the price on last year's model didn't click with buyers.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Really? last I heard, they rather punch a hole in the display than to have a notch...

They're launching a notch design for some of their phones in certain markets. They're also going with the punch hole design and the tear-drop design similar to the Essential phone.

Samsung's trying it all.
[doublepost=1547854431][/doublepost]
There was no need for them to copy the notch design because they implemented the thin bezel aesthetic much better in the Galaxy S8, S9, Note 8 and Note 9 than Apple did in the iPhone X, XS and XR.

I dunno, I think the iPhone looks better than those because they have a fat chin and forehead. But this is really personal preference I can see how people would appreciate and prefer Samsung's design over Apples notch design.

I don't think one is better than the other, they're just different and each appeal to a different customer.

Reactions: kakinc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.