Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Actually, just another thought... I wonder if the videos this plays will be compatible with AirPlay? Hopefully means i'll now be ablr to watch all of the various UK catch-up channels, and even better if i can stream them to my new Apple TV (until the Apple TV can do it natively!)

Airplay works!!!! At least the audio does at this point. So I assume video will too once the Apple TV is updated.

Bummer that it seems to be disappearing from the app stores. Hopefully it reappears soon.

iMAVERICKam

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
Apple has pulled sky fire from it's app store the bastards!!!:mad:

Yup, I just tried to get it as well. It pops up in a search for Skyfire Web Browser, but a message Pops up, "Your request could not be completed," when you click on it. :mad:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It wont let me download. Am I too late? Did Steve remove it?

No, Skyfre removed the app themselves because they couldn't handle the traffic.

Skyfire reaches top grossing app on iPhone App Store within 5 hours - SOLD OUT

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Funny isn't it.

So many people again and again say Flash is terrible, and we're glad it's gone.

Yet, give "normal" people the opportunity to perhaps have it, to some little degree and the system can't cope.

Despite what Steve Jobs thinks, and wants to force others into thinking people still want it.

silentnite

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Outer sight.. Outer mind
Tried to download it but got a message saying "My request could not be completed" The item I requested is not currently available in the U.S. Store. Weird? Guess I'll try again later.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Tried to download it but got a message saying "My request could not be completed" The item I requested is not currently available in the U.S. Store. Weird? Guess I'll try again later.

It's usually a good idea to read the last few posts in a thread before blindly posting yours. Just a thought.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So will it come back later?

jamiek88

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2009
It is probably safe to say they will have an ipad version in the future.

Seriously though, what isn't available on flash video for ipad in an ipad friendly format?

I know flash games but I can't think of any video I can't get on my ipad.

VPN works so I can get iPlayer, hulu+, youtube, vimeo etc etc all work.

The only issues I have are with some live streaming where I need to use my MBA/MBP, but this would be **** for live streaming, no?

Not being partisan here but I genuinely have hit very few limitations due to flash on the ipad.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Can't believe these idiots didn't expect the traffic and they had to pull their own app off the market. I guess it'll be awhile before they come back.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Can't believe these idiots didn't expect the traffic and they had to pull their own app off the market. I guess it'll be awhile before they come back.

Can't believe this idiot didn't consider that they may have previously limited the number available for sale to an amount they knew their infrastructure could handle.

Why would they overbuild their systems before knowing what demand would be? It's easy to add additional servers to handle the load, they will be back very quickly. Looks to me like they planned very well. Now they probably have a few thousand out there and can measure the network load and build out accordingly.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Can't believe this idiot didn't consider that they may have previously limited the number available for sale to an amount they knew their infrastructure could handle.

Why would they overbuild their systems before knowing what demand would be? It's easy to add additional servers to handle the load, they will be back very quickly. Looks to me like they planned very well. Now they probably have a few thousand out there and can measure the network load and build out accordingly.

Good point but how could they not assume massive traffic from get go. We've only been talking about flash on our iPhones since 2007.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007

I guess I hit someone's nerve. You work at Skyfire? One can't ignore that they didn't think through before they put this crap up for sale. I'm sure they realized they would run into a problem, but they just wanted to make a quick buck. If they wanted to limit their server use, they would've limit the app to one country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.