So I emailed Steve Jobs...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MarioB, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioB, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

MarioB macrumors member

So I emailed Steve Jobs (sjobs@apple.com) telling him about all the bs I got from his Customer Service about why people that ordered after me already got their ipads while mine was not even shipped and how they gave free items to some, but denied that to me and here's what I got:

[​IMG]

an obvious lie, since so many members here did get "freebies"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8362909/screenshot.bmp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8362909/screenshotcloseup.bmp close up, mouse over to show email address

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8362909/reply.bmp

2. Virtute macrumors member

He seems about the same patience level for iPad inquiries as his retail employees do.

3. Uhu macrumors member

And I believe he enjoyed every word of his signature :)

4. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

It sounds like he smacked you down like the petulant child you are acting like.

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

OP, grow up. It's a toy. You'll get it eventually.

God damn people are so impatient.

6. ALUOp macrumors member

7. xMBPx macrumors regular

8. MarioB thread starter macrumors member

Honestly, I wasn't expecting him to reply. Plus, he is full of s*** , because he knows damn well people got freebies. And sorry for being frustrated about not getting my order (12:46), while others who ordered an hour later got theirs already

9. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

I like Steve Job's attitude. He truly knows his products will sell and has a I don't give a fack about how you feel. No other CEO has the balls to come across like how steve does it.

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

What are these "freebies" of which you speak?

11. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

Some extra apple logo stickers I suppose

12. MarioB thread starter macrumors member

people here posted that they either got a full refund for their covers, got additional (leather) covers, wireless keyboards or some even got $100 back

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If you don't like it OP, cancel your order and buy something else. I swear, why does the release of a new iPad suddenly make some people think that they are owed something if their every little whim is not satisfied by Apple?

14. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Steve Jobs is the ****ing man! LMFAO @ the response. I hope that's legit too.

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I wrote to Steve too. He told me he doesn't answer ridiculous emails from malcontents.

16. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Oh SNAP! steve is a bad ass OG.

Take a screenshot of your email to him. Let's see how whiney it was.

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

because Steve Jobs knows exactly what his 35,000 employees are doing at all times and what discounts/incentives they hand out.

So you want a lolly pop because you haven't received your order yet?

FYI, I stood in line and walked away with one of these...
    [​IMG]

18. robby818 macrumors 6502a

That response was classic Steve. No BS. You are looking for a freebie and it's pathetic.

19. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Steve NEVER sends an email response this long, if this is real it is a first. That's why i am finding it hard to believe.

20. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

21. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Same here. Not only that, but this isn't the kind of email he usually responds to.

22. MarioB thread starter macrumors member

Actually my email was mostly about how I called the CS 5 times and the first time I was promised that my item will ship the next day, at which point it obviously did not (there is no way in hell CSRs can know when it will ship) so I called anyways to ask and every time I called they gave me a different story. Only the last part of my email was a complain about how when I did ask about (not for) a reimbursement for the inconvenience, the CSR told me Apple has no such policy, which is bs, like I mentioned before, since quite a few of the macrumor members reported that they did in fact got some.

And you guys can attack me all you want. I did post this, because a) I found it interesting that he did actually reply b) he contradicted his employees, because he did in fact admit the order was delayed and c) denied apple gives freebies, when it does

23. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

24. juliuspierpont macrumors member

Whiny people who complain like the OP are one reason I could never work retail. It must be frustrating for Apple employees who have to deal with pouty little imbeciles like this every time a new product is released, but ultimately satisfying to have a product that is in such demand that when push comes to shove they can tell the idiots to go to hell. Even so, it seems that Apple bends over backwards to satisfy customers.

So OP, if you got smacked down by SJ himself, congratulations. You are such a distasteful person that the CEO of the company whose product you so desperately crave has told you to shape up or ship out because you're being such a baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.