Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone seen any watches for walk-ins?

I’m heading out in a few hours to pick up my phone. Hoping I can snag a SS watch since my pre-order is 2 weeks out.

xenaki

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2008
I was able to get a 44 Space Black SS this morning when I picked up my phone. Last one though so not sure how much stock they’d have at this point.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Was able to get a smaller grey aluminum this morning. No line at my local store in NJ. Traded in a phone and walked out with the watch. No problem.

DintheD

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Detroit
Anyone seen any watches for walk-ins?

I’m heading out in a few hours to pick up my phone. Hoping I can snag a SS watch since my pre-order is 2 weeks out.
Just picked up an SG 44 Alu GPS model at Apple Twelve Oaks in Michigan. They seemed to have nearly every model in stock, and had received shipments last night and this morning.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Just picked up an SG 44 Alu GPS model at Apple Twelve Oaks in Michigan. They seemed to have nearly every model in stock, and had received shipments last night and this morning.
Oh wow that’s actually where I was gonna go. Did it seem extremely busy, or less than usual?

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Interesting that people are getting stock by walking in but the Apple online has none in stock and istock also.

I am assuming they arent updating for launch day.

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Vancouver BC Canada here. There were plenty stocks at the apple store for everything besides gold SS Milanese loop(gold SS sport is available).
I just grabbed the gold SS sport and ordered a separate Milanese loop(just the band) on the website.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
My local Apple store wasn’t doing walkins for Apple Watch sales, but they did report some stainless models that were in stock and will be available for hold tomorrow morning once the app refreshes and reservations are allowed.

StoneCold X

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Just went to the Columbia, MD store and was able to get a SBSS 44mm. Wanted the Sports Band but didn’t have it.

Jeremy3292

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2012
Greenville, SC store opened at 8am today. I showed up at 12pm, small line outside. I was able to get my Apple Watch S4 40mm GPS only. They had a lot of watches still in stock 4+ hours after opening but not everything obviously. Waited in the line for 30 minutes or so until I was able to checkout with an Apple employee. Very pleased.
[doublepost=1537550804][/doublepost]
Interesting that people are getting stock by walking in but the Apple online has none in stock and istock also.

I am assuming they arent updating for launch day.

Apple shut off in-store pickup online for the past few days. All preorders for in-store pickup were reserved almost immediately on last Friday, 9/14. Apple has a separate stock available only for walk-in purchases on launch day (today).

I've always wondered if the "preorders for in-store pickup" are actually not even a separate stock allocated to a specific store at all. They are just held in Apple's warehouses and then once the allocated stock for preorders nationwide is depleted, they just ship the preorders to the respective stores where consumers purchased their preorders for in-store pickup at. So essentially each store is allocated a specific stock for walk-in purchases only on launch day and all the preorders a week prior were just shipped to that store for those who reserved them. IMO FWIW

mlw4411

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
I kept checking the Apple store and it showed no watches available. Decided to drive in to see and they had plenty, not all configurations, but they had watches. Walked out with one. This was the Germantown, Tn. store.

ales876

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2016
Germany
I was checking today at our store in Munich, actually just to look if I made the right choice with the 44mm and asked the brave question if there was one in stock, she just smiled and said you should have come earlier.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
I went to my local store at about 2:30 and was able to get a SS gold Milanese and 256 gold Max. There were a ton of people there and I had to wait in line to get in. But before getting in line, they asked what you were looking for, checked stock, and reserved them for you. It was a really great system.

My silver SS is still on backorder for October 5th. Though they did have that one too. But I decided I wanted to try the gold out and see if I like it.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Just walked into a TMobile store and picked up a Space Grey/Gray 44mm.. They had a bunch!

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
I got one! I figured since it was after 3 pm, there wouldn’t be any chance, but I’m undoing it right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.