Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xak

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Is it still slow to update the icon? Or does this fix the issue?

Just got the modmyi (non-beta) release, WeatherIcon 6 v. 6.0.0-1, and it still seems to have the issue where it won't refresh instantly.

I use Zephyr and have to pull the NC all the way down to get the weather widget, and subsequently the weather icon, to refresh.

Also, at this point, switching between deg C and def F requires a safe mode respring.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
So sad that WeatherIcon isn't updated for iOS 6 ;(, any idea if its abandoned?

It still doesn't work right.

Yah it does not update instantly. Status bar part of it needs an update of a different tweak for it too work. Something lib-weather if i spelt it right lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yah it does not update instantly. Status bar part of it needs an update of a different tweak for it too work. Something lib-weather if i spelt it right lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. That's why I posted that particular comment from the description. He clearly says the status bar needs an update which will come as an upgrade to libstatusbar. I'm assuming once that's updated the weather in the status bar will work correctly. I'm gonna wait until its updated. That's the main feature I like in weatherIcon. He said libstatusbar should be updated soon. I made the package change in Cydia so ill be notified when the tweak is updated. Looking forward to it! That's the only tweak from iOS5 I don't have yet on iOS 6. It's not critical to me so I'm in no rush. Just patiently waiting! :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I don't see an option in Settings for WeatherIcon to customize it after I installed it.
The settings are actually in the Weather widget itself.

Settings>Notifications>Weather Widget. At the very bottom

P.S., this is working for me (except for the status bar part). iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.

Attachments

• 2013-03-31 20.03.28.png
    2013-03-31 20.03.28.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 96

gonca

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
Europe
Do you guys have the new version working fine? In my iphone 5 it doesnt get updated unless i open the notification center. Only then the weather icon gets the new data and change accordingly

Thanks.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
Do you guys have the new version working fine? In my iphone 5 it doesnt get updated unless i open the notification center. Only then the weather icon gets the new data and change accordingly

Thanks.

The new version seems like it still needs the notification center to open to update. I'm on the iPhone 4S

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
Does anyone have an idea why mine won't update unless I restart the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
Does anyone have an idea why mine won't update unless I restart the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I think it only updates when the stock weather app updates, which is only when you actually use it (or the Notification Center widget). I have the widget installed and open NC often, so it stays pretty up to date.
As I recall, previous versions would update on their own, and there was a setting for update frequency in the weathericon prefs. Hopefully that feature will return in a future update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.