Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Phi

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
chicago
MMS please! My mother can figure out how to use the MMS feature on her free phone but asking her to try and figure out how to enter my email address in her contact list and choose it only when she wants to send me a quick photo is absolutely ridiculous. Plus, that viewmymessages.com web site works, barely, but not on my iphone. In my opinion, not having MMS on my $600 phone is pathetic. Yes, email works for sharing photos but is extremely limiting. It is frustrating when a parent or grandparent wants to send you an instant MMS of your niece/nephew and all of your relatives receive and comment on but you have to wait until you have access to a computer to view.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Same crap we've been waiting for since 1.1.0.

MMS
Video Recording
Camera options (Zoom, brightness, etc)

Ya know...the stuff free phones can do.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
iChat for SDK

Expanded Bluetooth. I'd love to be able buy one of the new, tiny BT keyboards and use it with my iPhone to take notes in class. That would be incredible.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
My Top Wants for the next iPhone Update:
MMS - my friends can't believe this $400 device doesn't have MMS
Voice Dialing
Ability to send out someone's entire contact info
Full featured Blue-Tooth
Use the iPhone as a drive plus programs to view the files I am storing (adobe reader, msword mobile, etc...)
ePocrates (probable with the SDK)

Basically, I want to see this thing morph into a full blown phone/media player/PDA.

If it doesn't, I want version 2.0 to be that device with 16gb. Then I'll have an excuse to buy it and give this one to the wife.

n8236

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2006
How about something useful:

1) Support Exchange!
2) Search-able mailbox!
3) Video recording!
4) Widgets widgets widgets!

mrtravel123

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2007
1. Full support of Exchange
2. MMS
3. Video recording with uploading to YouTube.
4. Voice memos
5. Voice dialing
6. Blue tooth functionality expanded
7. View Word & other documents
8. Play .wav files (voicemails e-mailed from my work's phone system = .wav)
9. Ability to use iPhone as modem (3G/EDGE) for my MB (tethering)
10. Airplane mode to disable all wireless functions EXCEPT Wi-Fi. I want this sooooooo bad!!! For future airplane use (if they truly do allow Wi-Fi on plans soon) AND for taking my iPhone internationally and not wanting to pay ANY extra roaming fees, whether voice mail, call or data related.

Other random desires for iPhone...

1. True GPS
2. 3G (although EDGE isn't as bad as some complain)
3. Flash
4. Better/Cheaper/Easier way to add custom ring tones
5. Ability to disable "flip" viewing. In short, there are times I'm laying in bed... and because I turn to my side my screen flips sideways. But, I'd prefer to keep the screen "portrait" vs. it going "landscape."

I love my phone! Thanks, Steve & the Apple team! :D

p.s. The MB Air looks great too! Just too much $$$ for me, especially with the flash drive. Oh my. :eek:

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
Just the 3rd party apps and im a very happy bunny, multipul texts has been addressed which makes it nearly perfect for me now, maybe copy and paste if it implimented well. (back to my mac would be cool if functional and executed well.

there's no question the third party apps will arrive before 1.1.4.
1.1.3 was nothing more than a prep for febuaey when sdk is released.

wrboyce

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

vCards ffs. And real Bluetooth functionality.... And bring back the tiff exploit!

metman787

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2007
i'd kinda like the ability to upload photos to facebook without having to load the photos on to a computer to then load em on to facebook, it could be an option along with 'make wallpaper' or something! would make me happy!

this can be accomplished already by sending your picture in an email to mobile@facebook.com. Its pretty useful and cool

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
  • Disc mode so I can drop pages docs and pdfs on it
  • Ability to email multiple photos
  • Search mode in Contacts
  • Flash for Safari
  • Landscape mode for composing Emails and Texts!!!!

veeco3110

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2007
brick nj
  • iChat
  • MMS
  • Photo Editing
  • Hard Disk access
  • Syncble notes with windows
  • Copy & Paste
  • File access for uploading to sites on the iPhone
  • A few games
  • Working Bluetooth with ability to send/recieve

:):)

i think this is everything that should be included...someone send this to apple ASAP

elcid

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2007
802.1X

Come on, its just silly not to have it and another enterprise barrier.

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
  • Flash (My PSP can play Flash movies, but my iPhone can't?)
  • iChat
  • The ability to save pictures in Safari
  • CoverFlow within playlists
  • When browsing music in the list view, then rotating to CoverFlow, I wish CoverFlow would position itself relative to the position you were in the list view, and vice versa, instead of always jumping to the beginning in both instances.
  • A WiFi mode that would disable both the ability to make/recieve calls and EDGE.
  • White Balance and exposure presets for the camera, maybe zoom.
  • Horizontal typing mode for SMS and Notes and anywhere else you can type.
  • Horizontal Home screens might be cool.

...I forgot to write that additionally, I'd like the ability to choose which iPhoto events I'd like to sync, and not just the lastest 10 or 20 or whatnot.

I also think the predictive text could use a lot of improvement, my RAZR was honestly a lot better! The way it's designed now seems geared more toward spelling and punctuation correction than saving you time from typing out entire words (because I almost always have to type out the full word, or nearly so.)

And while I'm at it, I wish there was a way to more easily scroll around inside form text fields, right now it's a bit torturous.

memesmith

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Data detectors

"copy/paste" ? Pah! I could do without that ... if iPhone's mail app just recognized dates in emails, and gave me the option of adding them as appointments to the calendar app, like the Leopard mail app does. If Apple did that, I'd never use my home desktop again.

paduck

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
I think that the next update will primarily limited to bug fixes and the deployment of the SDK, so my speculation is more towards the next update or two:

- Flash
- iChat/AIM
- copy & paste
- rotatable screen in all applications, not just iTunes and Safari. I want it in SMS, mail, maps, contacts, everything. Good reason is access to the wider keyboard
- better implmentation of the cursor - I hate it scrolling off the top of the screen
- ability to edit contacts while talking on the phone (unless this is a training issue, I have not been able to do it, although I can take notes)
- different backgrounds on main screen
- larger pictures in contacts/phone calls
- better enterprise mail implementation (Exchange) doesn't apply to me, but it will sell a lot of iPhones.
- safari implementation could be more consistent with web standards - there are pages that don't work on my mac or iPhone on safari, but are fine with firefox.
- has the yahoo email been fixed yet?
- mms - I am guessing it is more at than apple, but still the absence is baffling.
- enhanced functionality in mail - multiple select would be nice, multiple attachments, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.