Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
been using my new phone heavily & I love it more every day. Love gestures, don’t miss the home button or that ugly chin. Phone is blazing fast & smooth. No LTE issues & this thing is a beast in terms of battery power. Color me pleased!

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
I just bought my mom a xr and she loves it, I seen her log into her bank via faceid and I gotta admit, I'm pretty jealous.

Phone is pretty sweet for what you get.. it's a damn good iphone that's not too expensive..

And the apps still destroy androis o good move apple bringer new technology and trying to lower the price.

I wanted the 6t but my reconsider...

Screen isn't the best though, my s8 destroys it.

Reactions: MattyTheMid

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
I thought I would miss the home button, but FaceID is so fast that it does its thing before I realize it has.

Yes—I’ve been very pleased with the XR. I compared it to a XS and Max the other day and think I would have become sick had I jumped on a Max at release and then realized I had payed some $450 more than what a perfectly satisfying 128GB XR costs. I don’t begrudge those who bought the OLED phones, but the XR is best all around for me.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
If you wear reading glasses, you definitely notice the difference. :)

I wear trifocals and I am sorry I don’t see a huge enough difference. I had the Max and did compare before deciding to keep the Xr. Unless comparing constantly the display on the Xr will look just fine. I agree overall the OLED is better clarity, but not $450 better to me. 128gb Xr vs 256gb Max. :D

I agree being satisfied is most important.

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
People complaining about fuzziness just want to follow trends. The ACTUAL experience is awesome, but if you want to be bourgeoisie, then go ahead. Just know that WE know what your motivations are. Get over yourself. Check out this blind test video:

Denaaaa

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
NYC
been using my new phone heavily & I love it more every day. Love gestures, don’t miss the home button or that ugly chin. Phone is blazing fast & smooth. No LTE issues & this thing is a beast in terms of battery power. Color me pleased!
I just started using my XR today coming from the 8pkus. I don’t really see a big difference in terms of the screen. The phone is super fast, but that said its going to take some time for me to get use to the top notch and no home button. I had to install the virtual home button for now lol.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The XR is nice, but I wouldn’t trade it for my 6.5 Max. As someone else alluded to, personally, I’m just ready to graduate from LCD technology and OLED really has its benefits for me. I also appreciate the aesthetics more on the XS in addition.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.