Space Grey Sport with other bands [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by abluehaze, Apr 9, 2015.

1. jonhoy macrumors member

Going with the SG Sport myself, I'm not even considering any of Apple's dressier bands. It's hard to justify their price especially when some bands will clash with SS connectors connecting to an Aluminum body.

I'll definitely be waiting for 3rd party bands. Something like Click on Kickstarter sounds like a great solution, opting for SG Aluminum adapters for (hopefully) a flush look.

2. lazyrighteye macrumors 68000

lazyrighteye

Yep. 42mm Space Grey Sport here. Second band will definitely be leather loop (save some yet known 3rd party option). Debating between dark brown and blue. Both look fantastic. Is it June yet?

3. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

i too want the blue loop combo!! looks so good imo

4. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

To me, that looks really good.:)

5. Southernguy macrumors newbie

I'm not sure either as it didn't feel like £129 worth of leather strap to me but it did look so good!!

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

This combination looks a bit odd . . . kind of like those cars you see with a different color hood or or other part :confused:

7. disneymanda macrumors member

disneymanda

There is a fully funded Kickstarter for the watches that will allow you to use any generic watch band. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1516117990/click-the-first-watch-band-adapter-for-apple-watch

8. Southernguy macrumors newbie

I'm not sure I like the look of that one personally but each to their own. If you like it then go for it #

9. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Yeah, that's very cool, saw it a week or so ago, wish I would've jumped on as an early bird contributor, but I may still come in at the $25 level.

I could scavenge bands from a few unused/non-functioning watches I have sitting around here. One is a neat titanium watch, and that band would look pretty slick with the SG sport I think (it's about the same color and finish AFAICT).

:cool:

10. Argentine86 macrumors regular

Anyone try with link band?

I'm curious as to how the SG Sport would look with the SS Link. Or even the Black SS Link.

I know they don't offer that one to buy separately (only the SS Link), but maybe they will later :)

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I orded a white band but i'm liking the blue leather loop..:D

12. spytech macrumors regular

Also curious about that. But didn't realise so far they don't sell the Black one separately... That's a shame.

Not sure I'd go for it even if I liked it though, it's quite expensive for just a strap.

13. FoxD macrumors 6502

Love it!

14. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Went in for a second appointment today and this time it went very well. I didn't feel rushed like I did on the 10th and they let me swap bands out and compare different models at the same time. A few options with the space grey sport that look absolutely amazing are the blue and black leather loops. Am definitely going to pick one of them up as a daily driver and swap to the sport band for active use. Best combo in my opinion (was never a fan of the glossy finger print magnet).

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      File size:
      960.4 KB
      Views:
  15. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Here is the blue.

Attached Files:

16. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Wow! I love this look! How do the leather bands feel?

17. sam2428 macrumors 6502

My first impression on the 10th was just okay. After a second look today, they actually feel pretty nice and they look great. They are a bit harder to the touch than I thought, but that is because they basically have magnets on each segment.

I still don't think they are worth $149...but that is expected with apple. And I will probably still pay the price. Debating which color to get now. Blue makes more sense since I'll have the black sport, but the black leather loop looks much better IMO.

18. firewood macrumors 604

I ordered the space grey sport with a milanese loop band to be a little different. So much for that thought. It looks like a lot of other people ordered that same combo.

19. metacove1 macrumors member

Space Grey Sport w/ Milanese looks pretty sharp. It isn't as great as the SS w/ Milanese but its a lot cheaper and a good plan for Gen 1.

Here are some pics someone recently posted. These are fairly high quality pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. NDefer macrumors member

anyone got brown leather loop on the sg sport? That is the combo I want to go with. Curious what it looks like IRL.

21. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I'm getting the aluminum sport space grey with white and black sports bands, affordable and looks good :cool:

22. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Was hoping to try that on today as well, but they didn't have one that I could swap and put on the space grey watch.

I too would like to see any pics if anyone has some.

23. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

I scratched the aluminum when swapping the Sport band with the Milanese loop during the try-on. So a warning to those wanting to use the Milanese loop or Steel Link bracelet with the Space Grey.

24. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Space grey with blue leather band looks awesome

Attached Files:

25. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

That blue leather loop looks incredible on the Space Grey. Might have to pick one up when it comes.